Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 27th December 2011, 19:47   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Vintage Rallies & Shows in India

Madras Heritage Motoring Club is having their annual Pondy run.Cars start on 21 Jan with a show at Pondy the same evening & return to Chennai on 22 Jan.
C.S.ANANTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 23:23   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are my pics. of the Deccan Heritage Automobile Association I-day show held today, 15th August 2012.

Surprisingly though, the turnout seemed relatively less than before, among the cars as well as bikes.

One feature of attraction was this '56 Plymouth; although Dieselised and customised to a mild extent, it was more or less complete with a very neat paintjob by Newmars.

'will continue with the rest tomorrow (not sorting out the pics.- cars & 2-wheelers this time so they're all mixed up).

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1041.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1043.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1045.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1046.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1047.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1049.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1051.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1052.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1053.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1054.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1055.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1056.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1057.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1058.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1059.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1060.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1061.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1064.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1066.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 15th August 2012 at 23:25.
Stanher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2012, 00:46   #273
BHPian

Both Standards Look Nice.. BTW the Ride height on the two Heralds seem to be different.. ??
Shreeram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2012, 08:04   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
Both Standards Look Nice.. BTW the Ride height on the two Heralds seem to be different.. ??
Yes I noticed too. Mine has had the suspension overhauled recently. Personally I like it low though!

Continuing with the rest of the pics...some more left, will upload them later today (have to leave for work now!)

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1042.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1069.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1070.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1071.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1073.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1075.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1076.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1078.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1079.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1080.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1081.jpg
Stanher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2012, 17:51   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

The final set of pics...I was pleasantly surprised to see my ex-1961 Standard Pennant after nearly 6 months (sold around March this year) although it does seem to have gone a bit low on the TLC!

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1088.jpg

NY Mafia in London?

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1090.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1093.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1094.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1095.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1097.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1098.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1099.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1100.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1101.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1102.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1104.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1105.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1106.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1107.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1108.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1109.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1110.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-img_1111.jpg
Stanher is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 12:54   #276
Team-BHP Support

The VCCCI has circulated a calender of events as under.

Quote:
We are organizing the following events in 2012-2013:
1) Mumbai to Gondal: 19th, 20th & 21st October 2012
2) Pune Rally with Radisson: 22nd & 23rd December 2012
3) “Cartier”: 8th & 9th February 2013 in Mumbai
4) Annual Vintage Car Fiesta in Mumbai: Sunday,10th February 2013

Attached Details of the current Event in October 2012 (Rajkot Run).

Further information on Entry form available on website: vccci.com

Yours in Vintage Car Motoring,

Nitin.G.Dossa

President
I'm sure the event would be great, I've wanted to visit Gondal and Rajkot for a long time, Alas I simply don't have a car ready. I hope there is heavy participation and we get some good pictures.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Rajkot RUN.doc (111.0 KB, 130 views)
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 14:08   #277
BHPian

Hi Karl, many, yours truly included, recieved this mail. Unfortunately the climate is a bit too hot for this drive currently so I think entries from Bombay may be few. This morning I recieved another mail inviting cars from Ahmedabad to join in. They may participate in larger numbers because the drive would be shorter. From here maybe the Fiat club guys plan on going? Why not take one of your Fiats? I am sure they are roadworthy. But it is a good initiative taken by the VCCCI. Now if only the club became more inclusive instead of exclusive, all would benefit .
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 15:05   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Why not take one of your Fiats? I am sure they are roadworthy.
As tempted as I was, I really need some time to prepare my '57, its very shabby as it is, cosmetically as well as mechanically. I would certainly appreceate guidance from yourself on how to go about preparing this car for daily use (read reliable!).
Old 11th October 2012, 15:28   #279
BHPian

Karl, you are welcome anytime to come and chat. If I can drive these oldies in todays traffic without batting an eyelid, well , so can you and anyone else. Its just about correct mechanical restorations and strong muscles to push when these old loved ones decide not to proceed for whatever reason, of course always in the thick of traffic. But then , thats the fun of these cars. Call and come, or even better, when you are in town lets find time one evening for like minded friends to get together and discuss cars. My friends from UK are currently in rajasthan, driving a 1937 Rolls on their way to Nepal. Sadly there was no time to fix up a meet with them as I was out of town. Now thats what I call reliability. The car externally is shabby , last having recieved a coat of paint in 1958, but mechanically , a dream to drive. This couple , in their sixties are driving all over India . Can you imagine us doing that??
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 17:05   #280
BHPian

I believe the Bombay to Gondal rally does not have many takers from Bombay. Perhaps it would be a good idea if VCCCI transported the cars to Ahmedabad. Then they could have a relatively comfortable drive from Ahmedabad to GondAL via Rajkot. It would still be a good beginning to the VCCCI season of events.Less than 4 days to flag off. Time enough for the cars to be transported. Yash, hope you are reading this? All the best to all the bravehearts.
Old 17th October 2012, 13:02   #281
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Vintage Rallies & Shows in India

I just recieved a mail that states , VCCCI rally to Rajkot postponed { lack of entries} . Mahableshwar friendly drive, overbooked. Does anyone have any idea?? It would be a shame if VCCCI's first event of the season is cancelled. The drive was ambitious, timing wrong, but still an effort was made. Hope the event does take place, even if the participants only drive from Ahmedabad onwards. It would give participants a chance to see some nice cars in Gujarat. Flag off is day after tomorrow from Churchgate as things stand. Who is going , to cheer our friends? If anyone is up to it, please count me in. Lets give them an encouraging BON VOYAGE.

Last edited by Bulldogji : 17th October 2012 at 13:10.
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 13:32   #282
BHPian

Confusion galore, is the gujarat rally tomorrow on or off ? Can anyone enlighten me please? I certainly would like to attend the flag off and cheer all those going. No invitations required, so lets all go to cheer fellow enthuisasts. All those coming to WIAA , lets co ordinate? Vcci , according to its web site is also holding an exhibition in Poona on october 20th and 21st. Wonder how its going to be managed since the dates directly clash with the Gujarat rally 19th to 21st. Who is going to Poona? anyone?? Karl, have you any idea where VCCCI is having this exhibition? Some of us were planning to drive down to see the cars but do not know where to go.

Last edited by Bulldogji : 18th October 2012 at 13:44.
Old 18th October 2012, 14:06   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the same is off and postponed to a later date or next weekend. No news to confirm the same only tweety's have brought that news its not authenticated. : ) In regards to October 20th & 21st no news till now. I have not seen on the new updated website but will do that .

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Confusion galore, is the gujarat rally tomorrow on or off ? Can anyone enlighten me please? I certainly would like to attend the flag off and cheer all those going. No invitations required, so lets all go to cheer fellow enthuisasts. All those coming to WIAA , lets co ordinate? Vcci , according to its web site is also holding an exhibition in Poona on october 20th and 21st. Wonder how its going to be managed since the dates directly clash with the Gujarat rally 19th to 21st. Who is going to Poona? anyone?? Karl, have you any idea where VCCCI is having this exhibition? Some of us were planning to drive down to see the cars but do not know where to go.
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 09:00   #284
Team-BHP Support

These pieces appeared in today's Times of India, I will try to see the display today if I get the time. I don't suppose there will be any new cars, but it is a welcome display nonetheless. Glad to see Pune having some activity again.

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-001.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-002.jpg
Old 20th October 2012, 11:15   #285
BHPian

Thanks for the information Karl, albeit a bit late. Since we were clueless, we abandoned plans for Poona this weekend. Nice to see some of Nitins cars featured in the times of India. Also great to read that its an event involving VCCCI. From the cutting posted by you only Nitin and Ruia's cars represent the club. Are any of your beauties at the show?? Are you currently a VCCCI member? Have you visited the old car museum in Poona? I would like to , sometime, can you please let me know how one can visit? Sorry for so many queries and hope to see you soon.