Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 25th September 2007, 15:08   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Stanher,
Are u aware of the Vintage Rally on 27th Sep and also at the World Military Games in October in Hyderabad?
27th??!! Holy ****.......I just wasnt aware of that! Is this confirmed??!

I spoke to another member of DECHAA & he said there was supposed to be one on 25th but got cancelled!
Thanks so much for informing me!

I must go get my car ready! Still to fit the glasses/trims/interior........sheeesh!!!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 15:49   #107
Senior - BHPian

Karl I found the connection with some research on the net that the 411=Type 42

Read the third line of the third paragraph. Although they mean the Body type, maybe the same engine was used as was used in the 411

The K70

@ Speedy- I think the later one is a SL 300 24 valve as that was what i saw in his house.

Last edited by V-16 : 25th September 2007 at 16:00. Reason: add
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 19:19   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Karl I found the connection with some research on the net that the 411=Type 42
Great Gogi. So now we can safely assume its based loosely on a 411, running 411 mechanicals, though it is running on pre 66 bug wheels, and hence drums. All said and done, its a remarkable effort, and well executed.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 10:36   #109
BHPian

Bentley GT Continental

is it for real ?? There's no body skirts/ front spoiler visible on the car..

No, this isnt a real Mansory GTC 63.

It is only a Bodykit, he does not have the side skirts or the Mansory Wheels either. Mansorys are very expensive and rare in the first place. Mansorys are the equivalent of Brabus for Bentley, they are really that good.

I do have a friend who owns a Mansory GTC 63 here in Dubai, I can rest assure you this car isnt one. Great colour choice thought!
akzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 11:05   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akzz View Post

Bentley GT Continental

is it for real ?? There's no body skirts/ front spoiler visible on the car..

No, this isnt a real Mansory GTC 63.

It is only a Bodykit, he does not have the side skirts or the Mansory Wheels either. Mansorys are very expensive and rare in the first place. Mansorys are the equivalent of Brabus for Bentley, they are really that good.

I do have a friend who owns a Mansory GTC 63 here in Dubai, I can rest assure you this car isnt one. Great colour choice thought!
akzz. the car only sports the rear dicky spoiler of the Mansory GTC 63. there is nothing else of the kit. the owner of this GTC can well afford the Mansory though, but as he must be in a hurry and there must be a wait for it, as he could not wait must have got the GTC with this spoiler. in the comming months you could expect the whole kit on the car.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 18:47   #111
Team-BHP Support

Karl getting his prize at the post rally prize distribution:

moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 19:01   #112
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Karl. What prize was this?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 19:07   #113
BHPian

congrat karloos.

Quote:
Distinguished member
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 20:02   #114
Senior - BHPian

congratulations Karl. which category did you get it for ? hope to c you get plenty more prizes
Old 27th September 2007, 21:58   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Many thanks. The prize was for participation, and was given to each entry. The event was non competitive.

This is me recieving the momento at the hands of race ace Hari Singh.

Old 27th September 2007, 22:20   #116
Senior - BHPian

yeah KARL CONGRATScheers:
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 15:42   #117
Team-BHP Support

Last Saturday the 29th we had a great Beetle Club meet to Lonavala. 5 cars left from Bombay and 2 from Poona, meeting at Hotel Sahyadri at Lonavala. It was a terrific drive. Me in Aditya Kelkar's daily driver 70 Beetle, and Kiran in Capt Ogale's Beetle. Coincidentally both owners are cousins, and both drive orange 1970 beetles regularly. Infact Capt's car did Bombay-Poona 32 times last year while his bungalow was being built!

We were joined by a Passat undergoing trials by BSM, do check out the November issue for a unique photoshoot.

The pictures speak for themselves.

Herbie himself!

On the return trip, we did touch 87 miles an hour, but we couldnt capture the moment in time.

Old 1st October 2007, 15:57   #118
Senior - BHPian

great going karl. looks like you guys had loads of fun. love the 1st, 4th, 9th pictures taken by you. in the picture with all the beetle is that a modified beetle with the two tone colour behind the orange beetle?
Old 1st October 2007, 16:08   #119
Team-BHP Support

It was another car day weekend for me like I have been having for the last 8 weekends. Driving to Bombay, going to chor bazaar, getting ICE setups done, seeing junked cars, et al have been a part of these car days. This one was special just like the Fiat drive up to Mahabaleshwar. 2 Beetles from Pune one was a Super Beetle and one was a 1300. Super Beetle driven by a superman and the 1300 even quicker than the Super Beetle doing a comfortable 130-140 kph on tyres that were 10 years old. I was a bit uncomfortable in a Beetle doing those speeds but later eased off. The Superbeetle was a LHD and driven by Aditya. Captain was faster and Safer.

We reached Lonavala earlier by around 30 mins and decided to pounce on breakfast but not before we had seen a collection of a Ford Model A, Triumph Spitfire, A Jag and a Merc 220 Fintail. All greased up and stored until the next rally dates are announced. A few omelette's, tea later we see Keith entering in his immaculate Super Beetle followed by others. It was a great time spent with arranging cars in a VW logo shape like this:

Then we decided to enter the Passat attack like an Arrow in the VW squad of Beetles:

Capt left for Bombay and it was me, Karl and Aditya gunning his Beetle like a mad man trying to give every modern car a run for his money. I just hope he gets a better set of tyres and brakes for his car first.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 16:16   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
great going karl. looks like you guys had loads of fun. love the 1st, 4th, 9th pictures taken by you. in the picture with all the beetle is that a modified beetle with the two tone colour behind the orange beetle?
Credit to MFji for most pics. The psychadelic beetle only has a loud paintjob, and is more or less stock mechanically, barring van rims and a replaced stock engine.

Amongst the collection of cars of Sahyadri (forgot to get pics), is also a 1960 convertible bug, which is currently being restored.