Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 13:47   #301
BHPian

Re: Vintage Rallies & Shows in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
the chrysler has held up well, considering it was painted in 1995!...its an ultra rare 1931...
Didn't the CRPF gent own it also? Was that after you? And then some young fellow, right - from the Jeweler family? I think she was repainted too, down the line.
Old 27th October 2012, 16:33   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Didn't the CRPF gent own it also? Was that after you? And then some young fellow, right - from the Jeweler family? I think she was repainted too, down the line.
I bought it from the gent in BSF , restored it, and sold it to the current owner in Poona as she is now. but I gave silver painted Lucas horns with teardrop trumpets with the car which apparently were changed by someone on the way before the car was delivered.
Old 21st December 2012, 11:36   #303
BHPian

This morning's edition of the Indian Express carried a large colour advertisement released by the UP government about an inter state vintage car rally being flagged off from the Oberoi, New Delhi , this morning. The rally is in association with the Heritage Collectors Club Of India. Hope forum members from that part of the country post photographs. Does any one have any information ? List of cars , route, etc? Would be interesting to know.
Old 21st December 2012, 13:01   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
This morning's edition of the Indian Express carried a large colour advertisement released by the UP government about an inter state vintage car rally being flagged off from the Oberoi, New Delhi , this morning. The rally is in association with the Heritage Collectors Club Of India. Hope forum members from that part of the country post photographs. Does any one have any information ? List of cars , route, etc? Would be interesting to know.
Here is the ad. Appeared in Indian Express and DNA, maybe some other newspapers too.
Does anyone know about The Heritage Collector's Club of India, UP? Never heard of them. The cars pictured are known, are they participating cars? The name of this club does not specify that they are only concerned about cars. And the UP government appears to be involved.

So many events happening in these days. Today morning several cars were seen on Raey Road, maybe headed towards Mulund for a fest, or to Pune for the event.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-event.jpg  

Old 21st December 2012, 14:16   #305
Senior - BHPian

Oooops! Haven't been online lately and it slipped my mind to mention. I heard on tuesday the 18th from ~ tweety bird ~ that our cousins from across the border, who recently drove from Karachi to Khyber (peshawar) would be Off to India to be part of a vintage car rally from Delhi to Agra. However not all managed to get their visas. I thought Harit would have heard of this or Wasif might have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Here is the ad. Appeared in Indian Express and DNA, maybe some other newspapers too.
Does anyone know about The Heritage Collector's Club of India, UP? Never heard of them. The cars pictured are known, are they participating cars? The name of this club does not specify that they are only concerned about cars. And the UP government appears to be involved.

Cheers harit
Old 21st December 2012, 14:31   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know about The Heritage Collector's Club of India, UP? ...........Cheers harit
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
...........part of a vintage car rally from Delhi to Agra. However not all managed to get their visas. I thought Harit would have heard of this or Wasif might have mentioned.
Now I am curious. The Heritage Collectors Club of India does not have a web site, uses a gmail email id, so it may be pretty new.

In the ad there is no mention of visitors from next door, are they also bringing some cars? I have no clue about this. As the event unfolds I am sure that we will come to know more about the organisation behind this event, maybe even historic?

Cheers harit
Old 21st December 2012, 15:00   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I am curious. .....
In the ad there is no mention of visitors from next door, are they also bringing some cars? I have no clue about this.
Cheers harit
I don't think they've brought any cars along. Also don't know if anyone other than MI has come from there. It just slipped my mind to ask more questions or mention it here, just put two and two together after I read Bulldogi's and your posts...
Our Awini knows about this but isn't driving cos of a bad back, so does Deepak Marwah. Maybe Awini can posts some pics
Cheers

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 21st December 2012 at 15:04.
Old 23rd December 2012, 07:46   #308

Quote:
Now I am curious. The Heritage Collectors Club of India does not have a web site, uses a gmail email id, so it may be pretty new.

In the ad there is no mention of visitors from next door, are they also bringing some cars? I have no clue about this. As the event unfolds I am sure that we will come to know more about the organisation behind this event, maybe even historic?

Cheers harit
Good morning Harit! we were invited by the Heritage Collectors Club of India whoch is founded by an ex-HMCI member Mr. Madhukar Jetley. I am here with my wife as guests of the club and are enjoying the great hospitality of the organisers. The rally ended last evening after our return from Etawah, the hometown of UP CM. Though not much cars participated but whoever did is saying that this was the best organised rally they have participated in. I will double that. More later......btw there were about 16 cars started from Delhi and about 15 from Kanpur, all gettimg together in Etawah where the CM hosted lunch for the participants and presented momentos.
Mohsin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 13:51   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohsin View Post
Good morning Harit! we were invited by the Heritage Collectors Club of India whoch is founded by an ex-HMCI member Mr. Madhukar Jetley. I am here with my wife as guests of the club and are enjoying the great hospitality of the organisers.More later......btw there were about 16 cars started from Delhi and about 15 from Kanpur, all gettimg together in Etawah where the CM hosted lunch for the participants and presented momentos.
Good show Mohsin. Well done!!! I noticed lots of likes and lots of appreciation. Now waiting for some lots of pics.....

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 23rd December 2012 at 13:54.
Old 23rd December 2012, 16:20   #310
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Mohsin Bhai, pictures are really needed here now
wasif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 11:39   #311
BHPian

This mornings edition of the Bombay Samachar carried a nice picture and write up on the Ahmedabad rally . This weekend, was it auspicious for old cars and bikes? I dont recall any other occassion when within a day or two, rallies/displays were held in four locations, Mulund, Poona, Ahmedabad and Delhi/UP. Mohsin mentions that he was here on being invited by the Heritage collectors club of India, fonded by an ex HMCI member. IS this a new club? And as the name suggests, is it open to any heritage enthusiast? or is it restricted to vehicles only? Where is this club based? What is the criteria for membership? Who are its members? Hope someone has answers. Mohsin's post makes me remember the talk of an indo-pak rally. HMCI and VCCCI were trying to organize it. Sadly, I presume red tape in both countries prevented this from happening. Hopefully, someday, we will be able to drive across the border and meet with like minded friends.
Old 26th December 2012, 18:39   #312
BHPian

Hello All ,

Correct me if I am wrong , but I understand from my sources the HCCI is an off-shoot of the HMCI and has been started by Mr. Jaitley and Mr. Jatti ?? The UP Govt and its transport department gave good support to the drivers to ensure the cars reached Etawah . Due to the status of the road on a 10 km stretch when crossing the Ganges at Kanpur ( which takes about 2 to 3 hrs to cross ) we did not participate. It would have been a wonderful outing for the cars and the drivers and a wonderful treat for the spectators enroute and at Saifai.
Wonderful to note our young Chief Minister supporting the vintage car owners.

Regards
Chauhan
vintageman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 15:41   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Some images of the recently conducted vintage car display at Mulund can be seen here

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-01.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-02.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-03.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-04.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-05.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-06.jpg

Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-picture13.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/movieza...th/8295769813/
Old 31st December 2012, 20:26   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Some images of the recently conducted vintage car display at Mulund .....................
I scan that Newspaper clip so that the image is straight

This event was touted as a VCCCI event for enthusiasts, it was actually a commercial event where VCCCI was paid Rs 12000/- for each car. Privilaged owners were invited to be a part of it, hopefully all benefitted. This info came from Mulund and can be verified.
Hopefully in future more enthusiasts will be invited to display their cars and benefit.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Rallies & Shows in India-event.jpg  

Old 8th January 2013, 12:05   #315
BHPian

IIT Bombay in association with the VCCCI planned a vintage car show this month at TECHFEST 2013. Does anyone have any clue? Their site states that Rollers, Bentleys and the like will be displayed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks