Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 14:29   #106
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,628
Thanked: 8,113 Times
Default

A 1928 Model A Ford can by found here


Attached Images
 
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 14:32   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,242
Thanked: 692 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default

^Very interesting note on the above picture.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 14:57   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

I believe you can export your personal car overseas if you indeed live there. Anoop told me anyone can ship out a family heirloom/private vintage/classic car out of India if they are legitimate NRI's/foreign residents.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 15:11   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,242
Thanked: 692 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default

Oh ok. I thought any vintage/classic car cannot be exported.

So we still will have lot of good cars going out of India.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 10:43   #110
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,953
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I believe you can export your personal car overseas if you indeed live there. Anoop told me anyone can ship out a family heirloom/private vintage/classic car out of India if they are legitimate NRI's/foreign residents.
Not quite correct!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Oh ok. I thought any vintage/classic car cannot be exported.

So we still will have lot of good cars going out of India.
There is a provision to take out a family heirloom, and only a family heirloom if you are living abroad. And only one car, if you were to have 20 cars, you have to select only one.
Restriction towards export of cars is probably pre 1960.
Very few cars have actually left like this, officially, the Pratapgarh Lanchester, Mysore tear drop Bentley, Mysore Hooper Bentley, an early SS Jaguar are some of the cars which left in this way. Though I may be owning some cars since 30 years, I cannot take any of them out legally. And when you make an application for export, the owner faces a lot of hurdles and opposition from various quarters.
So not many more cars are likely to go this way.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 13:20   #111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Anjaan Anjaani

Todays Mumbai Mirror mentions that the Classic Ford used in the film Anjaana Anjaani has been brought down from the US and gifted to Ranbir Kapoor.

A Para from the article 'And as an icing on the cake, the vintage Ford Classic used in Anjaana Anjaani–a hot favourite of both Ranbir and Priyanka throughout the film and post that too– was especially brought down from the US and gifted to Ranbir by the film’s team.'

Ranbir?s red-hot B-day presents, Entertainment - Bollywood - Mumbai Mirror
RollingArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 06:44   #112
BHPian
 
john a milne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto / Calcutta
Posts: 907
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingArt View Post
Todays Mumbai Mirror mentions that the Classic Ford used in the film Anjaana Anjaani has been brought down from the US and gifted to Ranbir Kapoor.

A Para from the article 'And as an icing on the cake, the vintage Ford Classic used in Anjaana Anjaani–a hot favourite of both Ranbir and Priyanka throughout the film and post that too– was especially brought down from the US and gifted to Ranbir by the film’s team.'


Ranbir?s red-hot B-day presents, Entertainment - Bollywood - Mumbai Mirror

I looked at the photo and it seems more like a 60 / 70 Model.
Can anyone identify it more accurately?
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 10:49   #113
BHPian
 
MustangMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi/Indore
Posts: 230
Thanked: Once
Default

American Ford Falcon
MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 12:41   #114
BHPian
 
Benson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 119
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

How can you bring down a falcon from US to India and how will you register a left hand car. i think the news is just a publicity stunt. They have not posted the photo of falcon. only Audi is shown.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 02:33   #115
BHPian
 
john a milne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto / Calcutta
Posts: 907
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Does anyone know for sure what is the earliest date to be able to export a classic car out of India?
Such as Fiats / Padminis / Ambassadors

1960 seems to be the date most often mentioned.
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 19:31   #116
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,628
Thanked: 8,113 Times
Default Re: Export and Import Laws for Vintage cars

Somewhat off topic, but here is an ad from many years ago that I saved. Unfortunately not dated.

Export and Import Laws for Vintage cars-333.jpg

I wonder if any of these did eventually come to India
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2016, 17:10   #117
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Question Exporting a classic car from India - need help

I could really use some help regarding the exporting of an American 70's classic car out of India back to the US.

Question 1: I was told by some people that this may prove difficult as the governement has put on restrictions on exports, but all I could find on the net (and also in Team-BHP) was regarding vintage cars pre-dating 1.1.1950.

Question 2: The car is currently not in running condition and I was told that for export cars need to be in running condition? Is that really so? Even if I ship the car in a container?

Any help is much appreciated!
chetan108108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2016, 20:06   #118
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,808
Thanked: 1,892 Times
Default Re: Exporting a classic car from India - need help

There is a restriction on cars pre 1972. Also the car if its your personal car or family hierloom then against a bond it can go. If its for restoration again has be secured against a bond but once restored has to come back. The exact clarity would be available with the Vintage and Classic car club of India.

Cheers and all the best


Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan108108 View Post
I could really use some help regarding the exporting of an American 70's classic car out of India back to the US.

Question 1: I was told by some people that this may prove difficult as the governement has put on restrictions on exports, but all I could find on the net (and also in Team-BHP) was regarding vintage cars pre-dating 1.1.1950.

Question 2: The car is currently not in running condition and I was told that for export cars need to be in running condition? Is that really so? Even if I ship the car in a container?

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited by kasli : 12th February 2016 at 20:10.
kasli is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 17:05   #119
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Export and Import Laws for Vintage cars

Thank you Kasli, that's helpful, thankfully the car is just post 1972 reg.
chetan108108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 18:30   #120
BHPian
 
kshivaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 94
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Export and Import Laws for Vintage cars

Hi, Is it possible to import a Triumph Herald (1965 - 1970) from UK, given that I am not owning it in the UK ?
kshivaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should India have anti-lemon laws and a vehicle quality monitoring administration ? sidindica The Indian Car Scene 59 9th October 2017 12:26
Import/Export Business racingmachine Shifting gears 32 30th January 2011 13:11
Pathetic people and Pathetic laws MX6 Street Experiences 7 23rd August 2010 13:34
A tribute to a Vintage Man : similar to a vintage car or vintage wine StarVegabond Shifting gears 3 12th October 2009 14:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:35.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks