Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 2nd March 2009, 20:28   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Enjoyed the meet thoroughly, guys. Let's have another before the monsoons.
Rony, Aditya, Varun, Behram / Cyrus, and Amol- Thanks for the rides at various stages, enjoyed "testing" five different cars.
Amol, the ride back was super ! I can't wait to do a similar drive in my Super Select. Missing her more than ever, pray she's done and back soon.
The most fun part was when Feroze lost it with the restaurant guys for late service - i almost thought he would get up and hit him with something - And then Behram firing the guys was another one to hear ! I guess the Rajdhani chaps will remember us for the rest of their lives.
Cheers !
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:33   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Karl - yes yes yes, let's go to Panchgani, I will come in MRF6466. I am dying to go to Panchgani in my fiat like in the good old days and stay at a good old Parsi's bungalow or something. I am game. Let's do it.
Count me in Beheram, should we pick a date and book a bungalow? These things get sold out early in the summer season.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:25   #1488
BHPian

Me too have heard so much about this place, would love to see it for the first time along with you guys.
And Ravi how could you forget the damm Sumo guy, I thought his driving days are over after the way he cut across Feroze uncle.

Last edited by michael schume : 2nd March 2009 at 21:28.
michael schume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 00:32   #1489
BHPian

Default FCCCI Mumbai to Lonavla Drive Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael schume View Post
Sorry Mole but these were all the pics I took.
I think Cyrus Ronni and even Kavesh have a few with them.
and..........here are few more pics of the lovely Lonavla drive taken on my camera
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6870.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6878.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6882.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6881.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6884.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6886.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6887.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6888.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6893.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6896.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6898.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6901.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6904.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6906.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6910.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6913.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6914.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6916.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6919.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6931.jpg  

President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 10:40   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys.

A couple of questions regarding the Fiat 1100.

On cars which came with the centeral light on the front grill, did this light go on with the headlights or was this meant to be a seperately operated light.

Also some of the Fiats from the sixites had a opening quarter glass in the front doors. What year is this feature specific to.

The other question is regarding the positioning of the fuel filler. We have an early 60's car which has the filler protruding out with a cap whereas on some cars it is in a recessed compartment with alre like in the later Padmini range. Till which year was the filler exposed ?

Also there used to be a few LHD 1100 s in Hyd. Were these assembled by Premier Auto or are these direct imports.

Also on our car the fiat logo is present on the lip of the bonnet and there is no plate on the center of the grille whereas in pics on tbis forum I have seen cras with two Fiat plates on the front.Which one is correct ?
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 10:54   #1491
BHPian

Hey very nice pictures Rony. Cyrus when are u posting yours.
Old 4th March 2009, 10:54   #1492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Hi Guys.

A couple of questions regarding the Fiat 1100.

On cars which came with the centeral light on the front grill, did this light go on with the headlights or was this meant to be a seperately operated light.

Also some of the Fiats from the sixites had a opening quarter glass in the front doors. What year is this feature specific to.

The other question is regarding the positioning of the fuel filler. We have an early 60's car which has the filler protruding out with a cap whereas on some cars it is in a recessed compartment with alre like in the later Padmini range. Till which year was the filler exposed ?

Also there used to be a few LHD 1100 s in Hyd. Were these assembled by Premier Auto or are these direct imports.

Also on our car the fiat logo is present on the lip of the bonnet and there is no plate on the center of the grille whereas in pics on tbis forum I have seen cras with two Fiat plates on the front.Which one is correct ?

The centre light was available from mid 56 to 57, the model commonly reffered to as Elegant. The light can be seperately operated.

The quarter glass was introduced mid 62 on Super Select. In this same model, recessed fuel flap system was added. Earlier cars had one piece windows and protruding fuel cap. This model also saw introduction of FIAT badge in the centre of grille, earlier models had the badge on the bonnet.

LHD cars were never sold here, but imported. Premier did make a few (500 I think) LHD Padminis in the 90s for export to Egypt and Dubai. Behram on the forum has one of them, reimported from Dubai.

Do share some pictures of your car.
karlosdeville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 15:16   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info Karlos.

Will try to post soem pictures of our Fiat soon. The car is in storage in Hyderabad and I plan to get it on the road again this August when I visit.

Hope it has kept well as I havent seen it for the last seven years.

Both my mother and I learned driving in this car. When I was a kid I would get a group of kids to push it up a hill and then we would all get in and roll down back to my place.This was when I was around 12 and was not privy to the keys. All it took was a flat instrument to be inserted into the original front door lock and you could open the car.

My father in the interest of better dirivng had replaced the original carb and distributer for a modern set up from the Padmini which featured the vacuum advance system. The original Solex carb and the Magnet Marelli distribitor are still with us.

I distinctly remember him making the mechanic refit the original light grey air filter to the new carb. There was a yellow / orange sticker on it with some kind of maintainance tip.
Old 8th March 2009, 17:01   #1494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Everyone is always welcome for the events, in Pune too we have always had others joinging us like Austin, Mercedes, Morris, Mustang, Dodge, Jeep, Skoda, Hindusthan etc.
And let's not forget our own (or rather your own) Standards!

Still, that isn't really a reason for your Amby to be seen at the meets lately- surely you couldn't have run out of (roadworthy) Fiats?!!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 18:57   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pics guys. Too bad i had to miss this one. Almost made it....Sorry guys.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 10:59   #1496
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Still, that isn't really a reason for your Amby to be seen at the meets lately- surely you couldn't have run out of (roadworthy) Fiats?
I just thought it would be fun to bring an Amby to a Fiat event

I recently got a lot of work done on the car and wanted to have a long run. The car unfortunately did not perform to my satisfaction. Again and again I find there is no car like a Fiat to drive!
Old 9th March 2009, 12:39   #1497
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
I distinctly remember him making the mechanic refit the original light grey air filter to the new carb. There was a yellow / orange sticker on it with some kind of maintainance tip.
Is that sticker still intact and legible? When you can please share detailed photos of the sticker as well, we will get them reproduced. I had mine in my 71 model, which my mechanic scrapped off in my absence as it looked "shabby"! I never even had a legible photo of it.
Old 9th March 2009, 15:06   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Last time I looked around seven years ago it was intact and legible, said something in italian.

will take a pic and send it ot you when I visit Hyderabad in Aug 09.
Old 9th March 2009, 17:07   #1499
BANNED

I just noticed something...

We have reached a 100 Pages. 100 pages of memories, fun and amazing friends. Thank you all for what the FCCCI Bombay is.

Three cheers for FCCCI Bombay!!...
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 13:56   #1500
BHPian

Check this out.
Can somebody name this beauty I have been told that its a Fiat.
Attached Images