Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 15th April 2009, 10:07   #1561
Team-BHP Support

I must share one story on BML 8114.

The car was in Pune, and around a month back (on a Friday, gudi padwa) I was to drive it down to Bombay. I left Salisbury Park at sharp 6:45, reached Bandra at sharp 9:15. Now this included a 15 minute stop at the food court for breakfast. So the Dukkar Express took effectively 2 hours and 15 minutes to reach Bandra from Pune! Ive never enjoyed a drive so much before.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 10:43   #1562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I must share one story on BML 8114.

The car was in Pune, and around a month back (on a Friday, gudi padwa) I was to drive it down to Bombay. I left Salisbury Park at sharp 6:45, reached Bandra at sharp 9:15. Now this included a 15 minute stop at the food court for breakfast. So the Dukkar Express took effectively 2 hours and 15 minutes to reach Bandra from Pune! Ive never enjoyed a drive so much before.
Did the AC work? Did the Maruti 800's overtake you? To avoid these hindrances in enjoying a drive in a Fiat you did the only wise thing possible, start early. Probably one trip oneway was enough, so you went back by bus.

See how fact can be twisted? you did enjoy the drive, but went back by bus because
a) the car was to be left in Mumbai
b) you left at night and the vision was not clear
c) you were fed up of sitting in a Fiat, Volvo bus ride was much superior, specially the movie.
Choose any option, probably a) is correct, but having fun.

Cheers
Harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 10:57   #1563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Did the AC work? Did the Maruti 800's overtake you? To avoid these hindrances in enjoying a drive in a Fiat you did the only wise thing possible, start early. Probably one trip oneway was enough, so you went back by bus.

See how fact can be twisted? you did enjoy the drive, but went back by bus because
c) you were fed up of sitting in a Fiat, Volvo bus ride was much superior, specially the movie.

Cheers
Harit
Harit, Maruti 800s were eating my dust!

No AC, but 100% reliability, unlike Lancia that refuses to start and has to be pushed at flag off. Just having fun
Old 15th April 2009, 11:57   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
unlike Lancia that refuses to start and has to be pushed at flag off. Just having fun

Karl,

Is this OFF topic ?

I just love this TBHp forum, very informative and knowledge sharing......

Thanks to all

cheers
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 12:45   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Roni, On a more serious note, How about a complete list of ALL your cars please!!
Sure Rudy, that will be when I actually complete. God knows when?
BTW, I myself have to scratch my balding head when I try to RECOLLECT what I COLLECT.
May be Karl can help?
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 13:10   #1566
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Harit
Dear Harit,

I heard that your first car was a FIAT. And I am sure you do have a soft corner for them. So do cheer up humble FIAT enthusiasts like us, every once in a while, if not everytime!
Anyways, we are honoured to have you with us in the FCCCI as an esteemed member.

Cheers,
Rony Vesuna
Old 15th April 2009, 15:22   #1567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Dear Harit,

I heard that your first car was a FIAT. And I am sure you do have a soft corner for them. So do cheer up humble FIAT enthusiasts like us, every once in a while, if not everytime!
Anyways, we are honoured to have you with us in the FCCCI as an esteemed member.

Cheers,
Rony Vesuna
Hi Rony,

My first Vintage Car was indeed a Fiat. Ofcourse I have a soft corner for them. And I did bring my car to a FCCCI event.
In fact, recently I was giving the example of how FCCCI as a group can get together and have uncomplicated fun.
I just poked some fun at Karl, did not want to miss this opportunity. AND increase the number of my posts, AND get feedback so that this thread grows. Explanation OK?
Cheers
Harit
Old 15th April 2009, 16:12   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rony,

My first Vintage Car was indeed a Fiat. Ofcourse I have a soft corner for them. And I did bring my car to a FCCCI event.
In fact, recently I was giving the example of how FCCCI as a group can get together and have uncomplicated fun.
I just poked some fun at Karl, did not want to miss this opportunity. AND increase the number of my posts, AND get feedback so that this thread grows. Explanation OK?
Cheers
Harit
Hi Harit,

I must say that you are a very sporting and fun loving person.
And I surely do appreciate the gesture.

Yes! please do keep the spirit of this thread alive and keep us going.

Cheers,

Rony
Old 15th April 2009, 22:34   #1569
Senior - BHPian

Now Now Karl and Roni wait till i put my new Weber, twin carb on my car, you'll be eating my dust!!! Dont mind Harit's postings he's in a hurry to become a distinguished BHPian.

Last edited by the mole : 15th April 2009 at 22:35.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 23:16   #1570
Team-BHP Support

Arrow memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Hi guys,

Today's meet was great and we enjoyed the Sunday morning with the 3 F's very much.

I am posting some pics for the guys who missed the meet and who were also missed.
Thanx Cyrus for recomending "TANGY TOMATO" fast food joint and you can be rest assured that you will now see me every other day in DPC.
The pictures at Five Gardens, especially Image 7131 - near the white building, brought back a lot of memories.
Have spent a lot of time (years, actually) goofing-off with friends on weekends opposite that spot, in the past - seems like an eternity now.

Thanks fellows.
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 18:04   #1571
BHPian

Hello Everyone.
I would like to thank everyone, especially Cyrus for having me at the last FCCCI meet. I am delighted to be a part of the club and look forward to be present in future meets and rallies.

Frankly I have never been part of ANY club before, especially not a classic car club. The whole experience was exciting and quite confusing too. I had no idea what to expect, and that was the exact reason I tried to keep to myself. Its better not to say anything than to say something STUPID.

Cyrus, you have a lovely car, that door sound is an absolute delight to hear. And the interiors are awesome. I always thought the interiors on mine were perfect, but now I think I'll redo everything.

Would love to explore all the other cars in future meets.

And a special special thanks to Sir. Behram for generously offering a helping hand in find a authentic stock stearing wheel (like the one you have on yours. I dont perticularly like the one I got).

Thanks to Sreeni for promissing me for getting the old style emborsed number plates done. Im looking forward for a positive reply on that.

The drive back was exhausting and the temprature was not making it any easier. Although I made it all the way back to Ulhasnagar in leas than an hour an half (80 k all the way) i was exhausted and dehydrated. I guess the lemonade at Tangy Tomatoes helped.

Thanks again to all..
MMY56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 18:24   #1572
BHPian

Ohh.
I fogot to mention. The MMY 56 is my first car and I got it restored last Diwali.
I am not from a Mechanical/Auto background (an IT nurd actually) and certanly not a CAR GURU. I drive Maya (as a close friend of mine has named her) to office every day. The drive is around 30 km one way and have never experiences a breakdown ever. The maximum I have done is 90 KMPH and she still had a lot of muscel left in her to do atleast a 120. Maybe someday Ill try that.
MMY56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 21:02   #1573
BHPian

That Red-Black top Padmini looks awesome!
k_shanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 11:06   #1574
Distinguished - BHPian

I came across this picture in 10 x 12 format. This could be a cabbie's proud possession, but it could also be from a Movie. The driver suggests that. This seems to be an old picture. Amol (Palekar,not Mole), can you inform if that is U in the cab?

Cheers
Harit
Attached Images

Old 18th April 2009, 12:32   #1575
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I came across this picture in 10 x 12 format. This could be a cabbie's proud possession, but it could also be from a Movie. The driver suggests that. This seems to be an old picture. Amol (Palekar,not Mole), can you inform if that is U in the cab?
Nice photo, the car is a 67 Delight. The lady appears to be Tun Tun.