Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 3rd August 2009, 11:51   #1861
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys i'm mostly picking up a fiat soon. Talks are on its a 1959/60 LHD model. have not recieved pictures of it, so cannot post them here.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:05   #1862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Spotted this "Modded" Premier Padmini is Shahu Nagar area of Mahim today !!!
Many modifications done on it; bucket seats removed, Qualis mirrors & wheel covers fitted, Momo steering fitted.
Nice one Hrishi, though a little bit over the top ! A Padmini can look really cool if "modded" in a restrained kind of manner.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 13:21   #1863
BHPian

Saw this late 50's/early 60's (??) Fiat on the way back from the VW meet last sunday
Attached Images

RandomUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 13:24   #1864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
Saw this late 50's/early 60's (??) Fiat on the way back from the VW meet last sunday
Going by the BMF number, it is a 58-60 model Select. Any more pictures?
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 13:30   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Going by the BMF number, it is a 58-60 model Select. Any more pictures?
That's the only pic i took, couldn't get a better one, sorry
Old 4th August 2009, 14:13   #1866
BHPian

a '56 - '57 from Panchgani
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc04352.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc04354.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 4th August 2009, 14:28   #1867
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
The wheels don't look like Padmini ones- too large with too broad circumferences. 'seem to be for some heavy vehicle.

The horn-buttons are of Padmini though.

those streeling wheels look from Mahindra Commander and MM 540(If i am not wrong)
with a PAL horn Button.
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 17:18   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
a '56 - '57 from Panchgani
This Millecento (Dukkar Fiat) is really in a good shape, a good choice any newer Fiat lover !!!
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 01:26   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Hey Guys I've Been Thinking About This Since Quite A While Now And Now I Have Finally Decided To Implement It

So Here It Goes..

There Is A Fiat Classic Car Club In Pune.why Not Start Another Branch Of This Same Club Here In Mumbai?
Lets Start This Here.i Am Sure There Are Plenty Of Classic Fiats In Mumbai Too.we Also Have Peter Travaso's 1919 Fiat.
Guys I Am Absolutely Serious In This Matter.
We Could Have Our First Rally Whenevr Condusive To The Members.

I Hope This Actually Materializes.

Waiting For Comments And Replies
-cyrus (9819035163)

P.s.-there Is A Fccc Rally In Pune On 15th August
Hi all

what Cyrus said would definately help to make sure that the FCCCI is conceptualised and created region/State wise as well which will result in being more approachable for people from various places.

Over the Last 3 years there has been an exponential growth in the members of Fiat Classic Car Club of India and its Fast becoming a common term which most of the people are aware of and are eager to be a part of.(Thanks to Team bhp and for people like Karl Sir,Dhabhar Sir,Rony Sir,Subhash Sir and all other Fiat enthusiasts).

In fact my neighbour went in for a premier padmini after going through the various threads on Premier Padmini and the FCCCI on team bhp itself.
when i asked him on his decision he said he wanted to live the golden period again.

If the same trend continues i do not see any reason why FCCCI along with Fiat/Premier cars including other classics should not become another well known name in the minds of the people.

We all can try to provide a preview of the beautiful period of the automotive industry in india from the early 60's to 80th and creating nostalgic memories for one and all.

We can be support for each other and have an extended family one which sees only a similar passion.which stands for a common cause of saving the classics from being scrapped to begin with.

But in terms of getting our beauties together, let stand as One.

Lets say One Country,One FCCCI.

Lets be an inspiration and an example of National Integrity.at least in terms of our similar interests to begin with and provide some ray of hope to one and all where in we can stand against activities like what happened in mumbai in november last year.

At least we will have something as One to look forward to and present to the world.

In the end I would like to mention that my post is not intended to put anyone down or hurt any one. regret if it has in any way.Its just to have a common objective which each of us can relate to.

Awaiting responses and suggestions.

Thanks and regards.

Sushil. N

Request for Moderators: since i have just begin being regular here am not very sure if this is the right place for my post. kindly excuse me if its not and make the neccessary changes.
sushil_n79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 13:25   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
the 15th August rally in Pune, if so we must follow it up with lunch at Dorabjee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Im in for this one.!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
See this is one club where "like stomachs think alike"
Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
I may not be able to make it to Pune on 15th Aug this time as I have some commitments in the family.
The resident hog from Delhi will be there too - Banerjee loves it at Dorabjee's. Ronnie, hope you can manage to come over. Looking forward to last year's get-together with everybody, and some new faces (and stomachs) too. Cheers, P
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 21:44   #1871
BHPian

Hi All Fiat Enthusiasts,
What about 15th August Rally of FCCCI in Pune ???
Who are going to come from Mumbai ???
Please reply soon.
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 22:47   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Hi All Fiat Enthusiasts,
What about 15th August Rally of FCCCI in Pune ???
Who are going to come from Mumbai ???
Please reply soon.
I'm coming for sure..
Moreover, the rains seem to have said "Ta Ta", which is good for Fiats !
Anyone driving down in their Fiats ??
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 00:18   #1873
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=sushil_n79;1416630]Hi all

what Cyrus said would definately help to make sure that the FCCCI is conceptualised and created region/State wise as well which will result in being more approachable for people from various places.

Over the Last 3 years there has been an exponential growth in the members of Fiat Classic Car Club of India and its Fast becoming a common term which most of the people are aware of and are eager to be a part of.(Thanks to Team bhp and for people like Karl Sir,Dhabhar Sir,Rony Sir,Subhash Sir and all other Fiat enthusiasts).

In fact my neighbour went in for a premier padmini after going through the various threads on Premier Padmini and the FCCCI on team bhp itself.
when i asked him on his decision he said he wanted to live the golden period again.

If the same trend continues i do not see any reason why FCCCI along with Fiat/Premier cars including other classics should not become another well known name in the minds of the people.

We all can try to provide a preview of the beautiful period of the automotive industry in india from the early 60's to 80th and creating nostalgic memories for one and all.

We can be support for each other and have an extended family one which sees only a similar passion.which stands for a common cause of saving the classics from being scrapped to begin with.

But in terms of getting our beauties together, let stand as One.

Lets say One Country,One FCCCI.

Lets be an inspiration and an example of National Integrity.at least in terms of our similar interests to begin with and provide some ray of hope to one and all where in we can stand against activities like what happened in mumbai in november last year.

At least we will have something as One to look forward to and present to the world.

In the end I would like to mention that my post is not intended to put anyone down or hurt any one. regret if it has in any way.Its just to have a common objective which each of us can relate to.

Awaiting responses and suggestions.

Thanks and regards.

Sushil. N

Hi Sushil,

Well, you have referred to a post by Cyrus of 2007. I do not know what the sentiments were at that time. But today the FCCCI is not strictly a Pune club. They have meets in Mumbai where the guys from Pune come to Mumbai. I have myself participated in an event once with my vintage Fiat. What is happening so far is that a bunch of enthisiasts get together as and when possible. I personally would not start to change much. I would dare to suggest that if anyone feels that he wants to participate, just go and do it. Contact someone in the know, not difficult if you are on the forum. Just send a PM. This is how I crashed onto t-bhp, FCCCI meet and most recently the VW drive. Ofcourse you must make the effort to hook up.
Now, if FCCCI were to grow, I can see some small problems. A large meet will require administration involving costs. So a fund has to be available, this has to be managed. You get statuary requirements to be complied with. Then how can you go for breakfast after a run and split the bill? Sooner or later some bikering will start.
Basically the guys who meet are known to each other, have a good time and it is best if it stays that way. So there could be another similar club in other cities, I believe Bangalore has one and each region do their own stuff. If there is a meet in another city and we visit, then one can easily join in the fun. Remember, the final food + drinks bills are split, so it is all cool.
Think about this and do not spoil a good thing. If acrimony were to start, some guys will just jump off and again meet in priveta.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 10:17   #1874
BHPian

[quote=harit;1420063]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil_n79 View Post
Hi all

Hi Sushil,

Well, you have referred to a post by Cyrus of 2007. I do not know what the sentiments were at that time. But today the FCCCI is not strictly a Pune club. They have meets in Mumbai where the guys from Pune come to Mumbai. I have myself participated in an event once with my vintage Fiat. What is happening so far is that a bunch of enthisiasts get together as and when possible. I personally would not start to change much. I would dare to suggest that if anyone feels that he wants to participate, just go and do it. Contact someone in the know, not difficult if you are on the forum. Just send a PM. This is how I crashed onto t-bhp, FCCCI meet and most recently the VW drive. Ofcourse you must make the effort to hook up.
Now, if FCCCI were to grow, I can see some small problems. A large meet will require administration involving costs. So a fund has to be available, this has to be managed. You get statuary requirements to be complied with. Then how can you go for breakfast after a run and split the bill? Sooner or later some bikering will start.
Basically the guys who meet are known to each other, have a good time and it is best if it stays that way. So there could be another similar club in other cities, I believe Bangalore has one and each region do their own stuff. If there is a meet in another city and we visit, then one can easily join in the fun. Remember, the final food + drinks bills are split, so it is all cool.
Think about this and do not spoil a good thing. If acrimony were to start, some guys will just jump off and again meet in priveta.

Cheers harit
I fully agree with Harit and as he mentioned we are a happy lot of FIAT enthusiasts in Aamchi Mumbai, who meet or drive (as convenient) on the first Sunday of every month.
No strings attached!
No paperwork!
No formal registration! Just a self intro at one of the meets or on the forum and you are an FCCCI member.
No minutes of the meetings!
No nothing that gives us an extra workload to the already stressy lives that we normally lead. Just meet, chat, EAT and enjoy with our beauties to relax ourselves on a fine sunday morning interacting with like minded crazy enthusiasts and sharing knowledge on FIATS.
However, I'm sure that everyone of us here loves to continue in this similar mode and tackle future problems step by step when FCCCI grows (as Harit has foreseen).
And..........all our FIATFUL members and friends from Mumbai, Pune and all over will agree that we have had a ball of a time so far in the last two years of inception of the FCCCI Mumbai Chapter.

OH! that just reminds me that our second anniversary is round the corner on the 12th August 2009.

Well, time is flying fast.................
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 10:39   #1875
Team-BHP Support

This Fiat is a common sight for Mumbaikars. Probably used for film/ad shoots.

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat.jpg

Hotrod on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote