any pics of today's meet ???
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 22:28   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ Cyrus,
any pics of today's meet ???
Sorry we did not take and pictures. There were not too many cars except my Palio and another Padmini. Besides that it was overcast and raining so we headed out for delicious breakfast and intresting chat at Koolars.

Last edited by the mole : 6th September 2009 at 22:39.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 22:29   #2028
BANNED

Yes Indeed!! I still can taste the Raspberry in my mouth!!

And those heavenly omelets....Got my mouth watering again. Roni was sorely missed on this one!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 23:37   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Yummy, I can still taste that extra large vegetable cheese "bung in all you got, buddy" grilled sandwich . This was a food meet more than a fiat meet, though we did have a hugely interesting conversation session.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 05:42   #2030
BHPian

I would like to be a part of this club please
Anything i can do from my side to help.

Thanks
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 10:08   #2031
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I followed up for months, nothing moved. One fine day the car was gone - for scrap nonetheless. The party must've gotten fed up getting the papers in order. A very nice car lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I really need that grille and those bumpers. KArl, If you could get them for me please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Are those tail lights aluminium ? May I have them please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Since Every one is asking for one thing or other. Let me have the subshade and the Brake fluid resiorvior.
Gentlemen, if I had known the car was being scrapped I wouldn't have let them break it in the first place. If I saw it being scrapped I would have bought all the parts anyways. I have no idea what became of them later, as it was scrapped without informing me.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 10:17   #2032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Gentlemen, if I had known the car was being scrapped I wouldn't have let them break it in the first place. If I saw it being scrapped I would have bought all the parts anyways. I have no idea what became of them later, as it was scrapped without informing me.
Damn. How could anyone have the gall to do this without informing you first.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 10:40   #2033
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Damn. How could anyone have the gall to do this without informing you first.
This isn't the first time it has happened with me. We live and learn, careful not to make mistakes again. He refused to take any deposit from me, which should have been the first warning sign. Anyways if he had just openly told me that he cannot arrange for the duplicate books I would have done it myself. Then again many people are wary of selling their car without the original books, and would rather play it safe and scrap the car instead, so no later problems arise. It has happened before.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 12:08   #2034
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - Yesterday was a good day. I "just about managed" to pick up 15 nos of the very rare concave type wide dull finish original aluminium side trims. A very original (minus grille) 1968 was being scrapped (sad). Somebody else wanted the trims too so I had to go and grab them real fast. The price was high but it was worth it. I think I'll be able to get one set out of the 15. You'll wonder "how 15?" Well, 8 on the car and 7 in the dicky! I also picked up an "unwarped" sample of the original instrument cluster console complete with the 2 toggle switches (but without the cluster as it was a Padmini unit so I left it) and the chrome surround. Everything is now safely kept in my house in Nasik. I'll start the painstaking process of cleaning each side trim and then get them finely polished in Nasik. I also picked up the car's transmission assembly complete. It is the original Fiat transmission which has the very rare integral construction keyed bushes in it, which is what provides the really smooth shifts. The Padmini transmissions never had this feature. I have these transmissions on MRF6466 and MRY3112. I wanted this transmission for BLL4919 also. I got it now.

Dear Amol - I think you have got the instrument console for your 57 painted in the cream colour. Please let me know what composition of paint you used. Is it durable? I don't want to do it and then see it flake off after some time.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 7th September 2009 at 12:14. Reason: add info
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 12:18   #2035
BANNED

So this is what you were doing during the meet!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 13:20   #2036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - Yesterday was a good day. I "just about managed" to pick up 15 nos of the very rare concave type wide dull finish original aluminium side trims. Everything is now safely kept in my house in Nasik.
Lucky, lucky !!
Hey Cyrus.. umm would you err.. be a willing insider accomplice if I decided to loot the Nashik house ??
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 13:52   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all - Yesterday was a good day. I "just about managed" to pick up 15 nos of the very rare concave type wide dull finish original aluminium side trims. A very original (minus grille) 1968 was being scrapped (sad). Somebody else wanted the trims too so I had to go and grab them real fast. The price was high but it was worth it. I think I'll be able to get one set out of the 15. You'll wonder "how 15?" Well, 8 on the car and 7 in the dicky! I also picked up an "unwarped" sample of the original instrument cluster console complete with the 2 toggle switches (but without the cluster as it was a Padmini unit so I left it) and the chrome surround. Everything is now safely kept in my house in Nasik. I'll start the painstaking process of cleaning each side trim and then get them finely polished in Nasik. I also picked up the car's transmission assembly complete. It is the original Fiat transmission which has the very rare integral construction keyed bushes in it, which is what provides the really smooth shifts. The Padmini transmissions never had this feature. I have these transmissions on MRF6466 and MRY3112. I wanted this transmission for BLL4919 also. I got it now.

Dear Amol - I think you have got the instrument console for your 57 painted in the cream colour. Please let me know what composition of paint you used. Is it durable? I don't want to do it and then see it flake off after some time.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram!
You still the same!, as passionate about fiats as ever!
You need to drive my Gypsy though!

@ Super select & The mole: Was a pleasure to meet you in person. Sorry have forgetten the other 2 aliases.

@Cyrus: Thanks for the invite, sorry had to go to my mech otherwise would have loved to hang on.
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 14:38   #2038
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ravi - you are most welcome to my Nasik house anytime. You will also get "to see" a brand new Super Select grille (exactly the same as you have on your car), a set of brand new Super Select bumpers, a thin steering wheel, 2 boxes full of white front small light lenses and the original Yenkay's round speedometer of a Fiat 1100 delite. Nasik is a veritable treasure trove of Fiat parts. I have secured most of the items now. Happy hunting.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 7th September 2009, 15:29   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Ravi - you are most welcome to my Nasik house anytime. You will also get "to see" a brand new Super Select grille (exactly the same as you have on your car), a set of brand new Super Select bumpers, a thin steering wheel, 2 boxes full of white front small light lenses and the original Yenkay's round speedometer of a Fiat 1100 delite. Nasik is a veritable treasure trove of Fiat parts. I have secured most of the items now. Happy hunting.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Behram would you be able to sort out parts or direct me if i need parts for the older Fiat models Pre 1970 ?

Thanks
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:47   #2040
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Allana13 - sure, its my pleasure to be able to help in anyway possible. Please PM me your telephone number. I'll contact you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar