Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:15   #2461
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default Another beauty in HVOCT !

Congratulations Digamber ! Lovely car, with a lot of originality. All the best for the resto, hope you get her back in spanking new condition !
I'd love to come over and take a look one of these days.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:19   #2462
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamber_yadav View Post
Hi Friends
I ll like to show a new member in my collection its Fiat Select 1961 single owner from Pune. Its gonna to be fun to discuss about all the original parts it has and surch-procure which are missing.

Oye you have a lot of gooddey gooddey original stuff on your car. Some are missing tough.

Easy one to spot are

1. Grill which is of later model.

2. Air filter which is from Premier padmani.

3. Starter motor is from Premier Padmani

4. Rear View mirror is an aftermarket acessory.

5. Boot lock is from PP.

6. Rear Lights and number plate lights are from PP.

7. Reverse lights shoul not be there.

Please this is not for critisizing but to enlighten you, some of the stuff mentioned above you can find them, for some you have to search real hard.

Also can you give close up picture of the Cutout relay as circled in the picture below

Name:  DSC05695.JPG
Views: 1109
Size:  26.3 KB

@ Karl : How many toggle switches were there in these cars 3 or 4. In European and American versions there were 4 of these. Is this also the case with Indian cars? Will there be a toggle switch in the place circled in the picture.

Name:  DSC05687.JPG
Views: 2519
Size:  30.0 KB

Last edited by manishalive : 22nd December 2009 at 17:20.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:09   #2463
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,659 Times
Default

Hello Digamber - So ----- it is you who has saved the car just in time from "there". Good. It came to you without wheelcaps, right? No points for guessing who has them now. By the way, the engine used to idle very badly. Hope it is sorted out now. Good buy. Start doing it up now.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:40   #2464
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default BYH 5655 - new very welcomed member in the FCCCI

Congratulations Digu!

At last we have a "SELECTed" celebrity from Thane.

Yes, it is a known car and it has great potential to come back to OH REE G NAL E T and I guess this will be a STAR from your Professional outfit. The period registration number is also very attractive.

Gurus here have already commented about additions and subtractions, so, I wish you all the very BESHT for a professional restoration.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:45   #2465
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamber_yadav View Post
Hi Friends
I ll like to show a new member in my collection its Fiat Select 1961 single owner from Pune. Its gonna to be fun to discuss about all the original parts it has and surch-procure which are missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Hi Digamber - congratulations! Im glad to see the car has been saved. It was a regular sight near my house, then I was told it landed up one day in chor bazaar Bombay. All the best for the restoration.
Karl, do you remember- when I'd visited Pune a few years ago and you took me around to show me various classics you knew of, you showed me this car too- we even took pics. of it!

I'd first thought it wasnt too original when I saw it then....but now for some reason I take back my statement! :oops:

Anyway, glad its got a good home now!

Manish- the air-filter is indeed original to selects AFAIK. But am open to correction.

Last edited by Stanher : 22nd December 2009 at 18:47.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:53   #2466
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Karl, do you remember- when I'd visited Pune a few years ago and you took me around to show me various classics you knew of, you showed me this car too- we even took pics. of it!
Shyam, Any pictures of the Select?
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:28   #2467
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Manish- the air-filter is indeed original to selects AFAIK. But am open to correction.
Shyam Garu please find attached the air filter pictures of my 1959 Select. Well some small alteration was done to recirculate the blow by gasses. This was done to aid in enriching economy.

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc05646.jpg

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc05647.jpg

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc05648.jpg
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:48   #2468
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Shyam, Any pictures of the Select?
Not off hand, I had taken just one, from the front (rear didn't/doesn't have most of the original things on, so didn't bother....but karl did with his own camera) and it seems to have got lost with quite a few other pics. when my system had to be formatted couple of years ago! 'will need to search it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Shyam Garu please find attached the air filter pictures of my 1959 Select. Well some small alteration was done to recirculate the blow by gasses. This was done to aid in enriching economy.
Um, this was original to the DELIGHTS AFAIK, atleast in the Indian market. The selects/s.selects had the round, wet types. The dukkars again had the entirely different cylindrical types for sure.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:05   #2469
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Um, this was original to the DELIGHTS AFAIK, atleast in the Indian market. The selects/s.selects had the round, wet types. The dukkars again had the entirely different cylindrical types for sure.
Shyam,

A picture from Jay Leno's 1960 Fiat.

Name:  FiatMillecento_03.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  58.2 KB

And then one of our club cars

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc04278.jpg
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:44   #2470
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Um, this was original to the DELIGHTS AFAIK, atleast in the Indian market. The selects/s.selects had the round, wet types. The dukkars again had the entirely different cylindrical types for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Shyam,

A picture from Jay Leno's 1960 Fiat.

And then one of our club cars
Thanks manish. But Jay Leno's car is not an Indian market one of course. Which is why I'd mentioned "atleast in the Indian market" in my post!

As for the club cars, I'm dubious about the air-filter being original. 'could've been owner-fitted. I too had done the same on my select that came with the "padmini" type filter, as was advised by my mechanic for easy maintenance.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:08   #2471
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Thanks manish. But Jay Leno's car is not an Indian market one of course. Which is why I'd mentioned "atleast in the Indian market" in my post!

As for the club cars, I'm dubious about the air-filter being original. 'could've been owner-fitted. I too had done the same on my select that came with the "padmini" type filter, as was advised by my mechanic for easy maintenance.
Ok boss one more reference

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...at-1100-a.html

lets see if this works else the great guru's need to come for rescue.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:24   #2472
BHPian
 
digamber_yadav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 32
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Thanks everyone for that hearty appreciation. I want to discuss in depth about this car with you guys. I have already changed the Front grill to original, Bonnet Fiat monogram and the patti, speedometer was not working and happy to tell you all that it started by just replacing the speedo cable, also replaced the combination switch its now functional, sourced metal tail lamps and no.plate lamps from Sweet Trade currently on the look out for the original aluminium set . Waiting for some Wheel rims and wheel caps too.
digamber_yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:37   #2473
BHPian
 
digamber_yadav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 32
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Oye you have a lot of gooddey gooddey original stuff on your car. Some are missing tough.

Easy one to spot are

1. Grill which is of later model.

2. Air filter which is from Premier padmani.

3. Starter motor is from Premier Padmani

4. Rear View mirror is an aftermarket acessory.

5. Boot lock is from PP.

6. Rear Lights and number plate lights are from PP.

7. Reverse lights shoul not be there.

Please this is not for critisizing but to enlighten you, some of the stuff mentioned above you can find them, for some you have to search real hard.

Also can you give close up picture of the Cutout relay as circled in the picture below

Attachment 249692

@ Karl : How many toggle switches were there in these cars 3 or 4. In European and American versions there were 4 of these. Is this also the case with Indian cars? Will there be a toggle switch in the place circled in the picture.

Attachment 249693
Hi Manish thanks for your suggestions and I really appreciate them. I have already started the process of procuring and fitting the original parts. I will upload the pics asap. And heres the cutout relay for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc05700.jpg  

digamber_yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:37   #2474
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Ok boss one more reference

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...at-1100-a.html

lets see if this works else the great guru's need to come for rescue.
Well.......again, I'm dubious as it's an Indian-market car! So could be owner-fitted too!

Well, unlike coffee-break ad, let's hope the argument does not continue and S.O.S our friendly local Fiatful gurus!

Last edited by Stanher : 22nd December 2009 at 22:50.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:50   #2475
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

On the air cleaner, please - someone respond - I have one of each, and need to decide which one..

@manish: There should not be any toggle switch in the circled area. Just the jewel light above, nothing else. To the left of the speedo, there should be a jewel light above and a toggle switch below.

BTW what is this left side toggle switch for ? In my SS, I've used it to switch on the electric fuel pump.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karnataka Vintage & Classic Car Club Rallies Thread inder_s1 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 138 29th October 2017 18:22
Club NM - Supercar Club from Delhi A.K Super-Cars & Imports in India 10 24th August 2015 08:21
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH) hillram Post-War 1472 4th August 2015 00:41
Pics: Fiat Classic Car Club India Rally - 15 August 2007 karlosdeville Post-War 38 18th August 2011 11:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks