Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 24th December 2009, 15:17   #2491
BHPian

Hi guys, great informative discussions going on this will definately help everyone to know our lovely Fiats in depth. By now almost everyone knows the external fittings but interiors needs to be studied & discussed more. Lets continue talking about all such small-BIG things and upgrade ourself. I am posting the first upgraded pics of my Select 5655. Grill, Bonnet monogram with patti, combination switch and the rear Fiat 1100 in aluminium. Manish I have removed the reverse lights which I was to remove only while restoring. I ll like all the further suggestion and comments.
Attached Images

digamber_yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 15:39   #2492
BHPian

@ Digamber,
Which color are you giving to this beauty ? Single tone color or double tone color shade ?
Try for double tone color shade, will look superb & eye catching as Ravi's SS 6839.
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 22:26   #2493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamber_yadav View Post
Hi guys, great informative discussions going on this will definately help everyone to know our lovely Fiats in depth. By now almost everyone knows the external fittings but interiors needs to be studied & discussed more. Lets continue talking about all such small-BIG things and upgrade ourself. I am posting the first upgraded pics of my Select 5655. Grill, Bonnet monogram with patti, combination switch and the rear Fiat 1100 in aluminium. Manish I have removed the reverse lights which I was to remove only while restoring. I ll like all the further suggestion and comments.
Did you got a new combination switch or were able to graft new stems on the old one. Please take care of the parcel tray inside the cabin as that is very rare to find.

Also do you have the air box below the dashboard.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 10:01   #2494
Team-BHP Support

Here is 5655 when I last saw her in Pune a couple of years ago. Bombay weather sure can be cruel - look what it did to the car in a matter of months! Anyways, glad it is in good hands now. All the best Digamber.

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat01.jpg

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat02.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 08:36   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car yesterday in Thane at Digu's place and I must tell you guy's there is a beauty standing there. - Excellent car Digu.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 00:10   #2496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ Digamber,
Which color are you giving to this beauty ? Single tone color or double tone color shade ?
Try for double tone color shade, will look superb & eye catching as Ravi's SS 6839.
Ofcourse Hrishikesh, she is gonna wear two tone shade on her because that makes the cars more attractive and classic aging look like these beauties
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image002.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg7358.jpg  

Attached Images

digamber_yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 17:49   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Hi guy's,

I was thinking to tint dark my car glasses. Please advice should I, should I not? if yes which color film will look good?

Please advice.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 19:59   #2498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Hi guy's,

I was thinking to tint dark my car glasses. Please advice should I, should I not? if yes which color film will look good?

Please advice.
Good that you've decided to retain your fiat! Rather than film th glasses I would suggest you try for some original tinted ones that were available for fiats (even 1100s) in the later years- Rony would be knowing of any available.

Else as a last resort, you could got for a modest, not too dark film. Like a greenish shade.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 23:57   #2499
BHPian

Default Sun Film for a Classic Fiat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Hi guy's,

Please advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Good that you've decided to retain your fiat! Rather than film th glasses I would suggest you try for some original tinted ones that were available for fiats (even 1100s) in the later years- Rony would be knowing of any available.

Else as a last resort, you could got for a modest, not too dark film. Like a greenish shade.
Hi Rupesh,

Tinted Films were never prominent during the Select, Super Select, Delite & President times. AFAIK, they were introduced in the early 80's when the Padminis were in production. Yes, people started applying various sun films newly available in those times more for novelty then protection.

However, FYI, prior the sun film era, aftermarket glasses with different shades of green, grey and black tint were available from "Safex", "Light", "Atultuf" and so on. My favourites were Light Green tints from "Safex" and "Light" as they looked cool and their shades gave sober and pleasant looks overall. Atultuf had a lot of 'waves' and were not blending well. The light green tints from Safex and Light gave exceptional Deluxe appeal to the Fiats then, and were preferred over the other brands locally available.

I know it is difficult today, but, I would still suggest that you look for a clean (unscratched) used set of light tints from the scrap markets and if you are lucky to find a set, then that will be the best option.
I do not advise sun film on Fiats upto the later Delites, as the channels in those cars will scratch the film in no time and give a 'tired" look to the fresh glasses that you may already have.

In any case, my sincere advise would be to stay away from Sun films on your Fiat, unless you really have some other unique reason of your own.

Besht of Luck,

Rgds,
Rony
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 00:27   #2500
Senior - BHPian

There was also a brand with a fist as part of its logo. Do you remember what brand that was?
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 01:33   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
There was also a brand with a fist as part of its logo. Do you remember what brand that was?
Is it so?
Sorry, have never come across any other brand with that kind of a logo.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 13:57   #2502
BANNED

The FCCCI Mumbai will have its monthly meet at Five Gardens Dadar on the 3rd of January 2010 at 10:30am. Please be there...

Cheers,
Cyrus
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 17:58   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
The FCCCI Mumbai will have its monthly meet at Five Gardens Dadar on the 3rd of January 2010 at 10:30am. Please be there...

Cheers,
Cyrus
Oh no, I'm out of the country. Will miss this one..
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 15:31   #2504
BANNED

Dad Picked up a Perfect Delite and a President Grille along with a few bumpers today.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 16:30   #2505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Dad Picked up a Perfect Delite and a President Grille along with a few bumpers today.
Um, do you mean to say he picked up a(nother) Delight?? Or just a grille of such a car? Congrats anyways!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote