Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 2nd November 2007, 19:58   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
hey guys how many people are coming for the meet on the $th of november.........
I am in with My "Peshial" and
my newly acquired but in a bad shape 57 Dukkar ( didn't tell anyone except a few who told me about it but the cars in running condition and will be fit to take a spin in the rally.
I have to proceed to Karjat by 11:00am so I will attend the raly partly. Sorry guys but i have to go, its a family outing.
Since my Peshial will be seeing the first light of the day, I would like to then take tips and get it tweaked by the expert fingers of Behrambhai.
I will be posting pics tomorrow late evening as that is when I will get the car in my hands. The seats are being fitted now and the electric work is going on. Tomorrow i spend getting new shoes for her and then polishing.... getting her ready for the rally!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 01:31   #287
BANNED

ohh gogi bhai...it is no rally vally....just a meet yar....

@karl....exams are on ryt????
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 14:16   #288
BHPian

Cyrus, what time do we meet ???? PLz let me know, am workin tomm so have to adjust the timing according to the meet.
egangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 14:18   #289
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Cyrus, what time do we meet ???? PLz let me know, am workin tomm so have to adjust the timing according to the meet.

10 am at five gardens dadar
Old 3rd November 2007, 14:27   #290
BHPian

Damm. I wont be able to make it in the morning. Cyrus I will give you a call on Monday and speak to you about the Thane drive then or you can PM me as to what has been decided.
egangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 15:14   #291
Team-BHP Support

Im expecting loads of pictures for us missing Pune boys. And I hope there will be more Fiats than other brands this time round.
Gogi, I want special pics of the special, including one of the working temp guage.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 23:18   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
10 am at five gardens dadar
Where exactly in 5 gardens buddy?? outside DPY? or the main road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Im expecting loads of pictures for us missing Pune boys. And I hope there will be more Fiats than other brands this time round.
Gogi, I want special pics of the special, including one of the working temp guage.
Wise Guy!

Guys im nt posting any pics till tomorrow evening as didn't want to kill the suspense. The car is looking presentable. Will let the Fiat Club trigger happy members post pics of the car on this thread. Will post a detailed report with detailed pics before and after on the thread dedicated to my car.
I am only waiting to see Jayant Shah's expression when he sees the car. He will be happy it turned out this way.
Till tomorrow then....over and out!!
Old 4th November 2007, 00:13   #293
Senior - BHPian

^^ I cant wait for the pictures of tommorows meet now. Make sure youl take loads of pictures guys.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 00:53   #294
BANNED

will definately have pics for all of you guys.....

@gogi...on the main road near the main 5 Gardens circle...near the poilce station
Old 4th November 2007, 20:32   #295
Team-BHP Support

So how'd it go? No report yet?
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 22:27   #296
Team-BHP Support

Pictures of the meet held on November 04, 2007 are in this thread.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 23:06   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Will post pics tomorrow, as of now im posting the pics that you wanted most, these prove that the temp guage in my car is working
"WORKING TEMP GUAGE" hope you enjoy your pics!!

further report and pics coming up tomorrow

Last edited by V-16 : 4th November 2007 at 23:07.
Old 5th November 2007, 10:31   #298
BHPian

HI Guys, How did the meet go?
Any updates, please share. I could not make it for the meet as my FIAT refused to wake up. Didn't want to force her. :-)
star_is_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 12:21   #299
BHPian

Default FCCCI - Mumbai meet 04 Nov 07

It was indeed a great day at the Five gardens - Dadar, with all the FIAT wallahs gathered and appreciating each others preserved beauties.
Aapra Gogi bhai’s “PESIAL” most recently restored, stole the show, while his most recently possessed 1957 Dukkar, (in as is where is condition) was the added attraction at the meet. Nonetheless, Krish Uncle’s (FerozeBhai Mehta) monstrous Chrysler was trying to dominate over the little FIAT bacchaas around.
On seeing his car amongst the the other cars, local residents were curiously enquiring if it was some Vintage Car Rally and one could see lot of appreciation for cars, from the passer bys and anxious, enthusiastic youngsters.
All time FIAT hero…..Mr. Jayant Shah also made it to the meet inspite of his prevailent health problems, and the FCCCI – Mumbai club members proudly welcomed him. His expert comments were closely monitored and appreciated by one and all.
Pune and Thane guys didn’t make it, but I’m sure that they will doubly compensate by joining us to Lonavla in big numbers.

After a detailed discussion on everyones availability schedule we have agreed upon taking the FIAT rally to Lonavla and back on 16th December 07. Please get your Chitty Chitty Bang Bangs in good mechanical condition and all chucka chuck so that we have a pleasant FIATFULL trip uphill and back.

And………….last but not the least piece of GOOD NEWS!!
Most members dispersed around 1130 hrs, after which, our very enterprising and most energetic veteran from ex PAL R & D Department Mr. Behram Dhabhar, most willingly offered to tune my PRESIDENT, for which I happily welcomed the generous offer.
I must say, that I have never come across someone so dedicated, methodic, and highly professional in tuning Fiats to date. He is a true genius and not only an asset for his present company, but to our FIAT Club as well.
All you FIAT owners out there, have to see him in action to believe it! My car that was lacking pep and would starve to pick up, is now once again fully energetic and ready to say bi-bi to most modern cars at the street lights in its category.
Once again……..Thank-you very much Sir Behram and I really do appreciate your over willing gesture.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th November 2007 at 12:28.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 15:12   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear President,

You have made my day, I am glad that you have appreciated me for my capability. There is this old saying in Gujarati - our mothertongue - "jena kaam te kare, bija kare to gota khaye" (who's work, he will do, if anybody else will do, he will falter). True isn't it ? That's why when you wanted me to come for a trial, I told you to just go for a quick spin and come because I exactly knew what the result would be. 100% CUSTOMER DELIGHT, NOTHING ELSE.

There is still a lot to be done on your car MTJ648. Just wait till I am through with everything and then see how well it runs.

I am going to optimize the MIKUNI on the Padmini now. I wish I get an engine dynamometer for trials. I am seriously thinking of purchasing one if pssible.

I will try and get BLL4919 / MRY3112 for Lonavla, preferably both with optimized Mikunis with the 3.9 axles.

Best regards to you,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote