Old 13th August 2010, 23:38   #3061
BANNED

She is beyond repair. Lets not even bother
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 09:16   #3062
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Saw this "Cut-Paste" Special at Charni Road, Mumbai.
That car is MHP registered, and been seen at that spot for ages. Must be a daily driver.

Many owners back then would make a few 'upgrades' - even Harit fitted a larger rear glass on his Amby. Elsewhere on the forum you have seen a Super Select with the front end of a Padmini.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 13:33   #3063
BHPian

Ravi, I've been seeing this car at Thakurdwar for over a decade now and yes, it is a daily runner, but beyond consideration for restoration to OH REE G NAL E T.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 23:48   #3064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That car is MHP registered, and been seen at that spot for ages. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Ravi, I've been seeing this car at Thakurdwar for over a decade now
You guys are Gods when it comes to remembering cars spot-on. How on earth do you manage this ??
Yes, this car is indeed MHP, and is at Thakurdwar since many years..
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 17:39   #3065
Senior - BHPian

Pictures of a classic single owner Fiat belonging to my uncle. Car is in Hyderabad and in sort of regular use even today.

This car is originally from Calcutta where my uncle was stationed and was brought down to Hyderabad in the 1950's.

This is one of three single owner Fiats of this vintage in my family
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat-front.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-eng.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-int.jpg  

wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 17:43   #3066
BHPian

Looks awesome man

More pics dude if poss
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 18:07   #3067
BANNED

Love the Customary Oil can cover on the Ventilation ducting.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 22:53   #3068
Senior - BHPian

How come always the batteries have been moved to the left side of the car, Was this a mass movement of sorts in India :-)
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 10:13   #3069
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Pictures of a classic single owner Fiat belonging to my uncle. Car is in Hyderabad and in sort of regular use even today.

This car is originally from Calcutta where my uncle was stationed and was brought down to Hyderabad in the 1950's.

This is one of three single owner Fiats of this vintage in my family
Small world Wasif - I think it is the same car here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2033203-post889.html

Amol - regarding things like battery placement, don't go by manuals, they are not reliable. There is a 1962 single owner Select in Pune, in 100% all original paint (never even touched up), which has the same position for battery.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 21st August 2010 at 10:19.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 11:45   #3070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Amol - regarding things like battery placement, don't go by manuals, they are not reliable. There is a 1962 single owner Select in Pune, in 100% all original paint (never even touched up), which has the same position for battery.
But then what was the path of the Vent pipes, in this case? Do we have any pictures of cars where the position of Battery and vent pipe is in the same position?
Old 21st August 2010, 14:46   #3071
Senior - BHPian

The Battery as you see it on this car is as it came from the factory. This is totally an original car as is my own grandfathers Fiat APY 6354. It too has the battery in this position from day one.

This can be varified from looking at some other old Fiats and also talking to owwners who will say they have NEVER tampered with this setup.

Karl.

You are right, its the same car. The old guy you see in the red T Shirt is my uncle Tej (Irtiyaj Khan ) and the car belonged to his dad, Meraj Ahmed Khan, who also owned ADL 357 the Ford Model A Roadster. Tej was in the advertising business in Mumbai and was a model in some of the Nescafe and Tax ads along with soem cigarette ads too , hew is semi retired now running an ad agency in Hyderabad.

Now you know what a fastidious owner he was going by the way he maintained ADL 357 so you can be assured this car is in the same league. It has only been repainted a few times and the original upholstry lives under those covers you see. The floor mats and even the ignition key is original.

From the mid seventies ADL 357 was sparingly used and this Fiat was his daily driver.

I will post pictures of APY 6354 soon. APY 6254 is on its first respray also with original upholstry uunder covers and OEcarpets etc. The only change on it was a later vacuum advance equiped Solex carb and a TVS Distributer, done in the interests of better driveability and fuel economy. Unfortunately the original carb and distributor which were retained are no to be located now. It even had a manual air pump that came with the tool kit.

Amol. The vent pipe that connected on teh cowl was always a flexible rubber kind that took a bend and ran along the battery till it fitted on to the opening in the side pannel next to the radiator.

Last edited by wasif : 21st August 2010 at 14:56.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 15:23   #3072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
The Battery as you see it on this car is as it came from the factory. This is totally an original car as is my own grandfathers Fiat APY 6354. It too has the battery in this position from day one.

Amol. The vent pipe that connected on teh cowl was always a flexible rubber kind that took a bend and ran along the battery till it fitted on to the opening in the side pannel next to the radiator.
Wasif :Thats great news, I always had this nagging feeling that I should have changed the position of the Battery based on the manual but now your post puts the matter to rest, now i just need to find a good air intake assembly and fit it to my car. rgds Amol
Old 21st August 2010, 18:38   #3073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
, now i just need to find a good air intake assembly and fit it to my car. rgds Amol
He he, let me know when you find one ! I guess our cars would have similar air intakes ?
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 21:30   #3074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Wasif :Thats great news, I always had this nagging feeling that I should have changed the position of the Battery based on the manual but now your post puts the matter to rest, now i just need to find a good air intake assembly and fit it to my car. rgds Amol
Please look for the TATA 407 Air Intake, I think there is a similarty. I am about to check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
He he, let me know when you find one ! I guess our cars would have similar air intakes ?
The air intake duct for Superselect was smaller than that of earlier cars. I will check my pictures and show on the thread.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:43   #3075
Senior - BHPian

I saw this car parked by the driveway to my house. I tried asking the watchman for some details about the car but he was pretty clueless.

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-photo-1.jpg

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-photo-2.jpg

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-photo-3.jpg
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote