Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 8th February 2011, 16:51   #3481
BANNED

Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Some FANTASTIC pictures there Roni!! Especially the one in which Karl is trying to pose like Phiroze uncle!! Superb Stuff!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 18:50   #3482
Senior - BHPian

Great Reporting and pics guys. Something with me is Jinxed with this event. Something or the other comes up. I had suggested that FCCCI joins the annual rally for the Visually Impaired

persons, IMHO, this would have been a great cause and we could have made our presence felt by doing a good deed, bringing a smile on the face of a person who otherwise spends his life in only one colour. Team Bhp was represented by a good amount of entries. I sincerely hope and suggest that we coordinate and include such agendas in future wherein we can do a good deed while having a meet of our own.

Having said that, I could not attend neither. It was a medical emergency involving a friend and his "Special'' child for which i had to travel out of town. I did speak to Ronny a couple of days before as i was made aware of the child's condition and explained to Ronny, my dilemma, lest I be termed as a member of the "Kalti.Com" club. Thank you for understanding Ronny and im sure you know, that in heart im always with you all, even if im not practically present there myself, in flesh and blood.

But I regret not being there. Next time hopefully and God willing!!

Keep the pics coming.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 20:10   #3483
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to everyone, the Rally looks Superb. Truly a Mega rally with mega mega success. All cars look truly neat. Keep it up and lets keep having our meets till the season ends. There was not one moment on Sunday morning when I did not miss being a part of the mega rally! Next time I guess.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 22:46   #3484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
The FCCCI Meet/Drive/Lunch was really enjoyed by all of us, as everyone has mentioned in the previous posts and I must thank all who participated in making it a Mega event of the year for the FIAT crazy people. Just realised, that we are now beginning to see all the hidden treasures which get a chance to come out in the open and showcase our rich Indian heritage. Special thanks to Bijoy and Sanjeev to bring in their Modified Sporty red FIAT which was eye candy and added a lot of attraction at the FIAT show. I would like to thank Mr. Nitin Dossa to have graced our occasion and FCCCI welcomed his presence for the same. He has expressed his willingness to be a member of our Passion club with his recent acquisition of a FIAT 1100. And, how could we forget to thank Subhash Karmarkar, our FCCCI - Pune Founder, who came down all the way from Pune to cheer us and be a part of this lovely event.
Last but not the least we also thank Hindustan Times for including a nice picture of Bijoy's FIAT amidst the event at Flora Fountain in todays edition on Page 6. We truly missed the company of Cyrus, Gogi, Varun, Amol, Anil Jain, Aman Mogal, Srinivasan, Hanoz Mogrelia and many more members who couldn't make it on Sunday. I will add a few more pictures from my collection, a little later when time permits, to the wonderful ones already posted above.
Hi President, can you post pictures of the Karmann Fiat?
Though this is really an assemly of Fiat 1100, Pal/Premier products, the odd vintage/500 or 600 would add some charm. What is noticable in general, not only fot the FCCCI, is the absence of any Fiat model post 1960. There were so many in India, 1500, 1800, 2300, but so few survive.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 23:05   #3485
BHPian

Default FCCCI - Mumbai Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Thank you for understanding Ronny and im sure you know, that in heart im always with you all, even if im not practically present there myself, in flesh and blood.

Keep the pics coming.
Dear Gogi,
Family and friends is what it is all about. Although you were not with us, we were having your blessings which were needed by both the child concerned whom I know is better now and our FCCCI event to make it a Mega success, which it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
There was not one moment on Sunday morning when I did not miss being a part of the mega rally! Next time I guess.
Dear Amol,
as I said earlier we surely did miss you guys who couldn't make it on Sunday. But, now we are streamlining things for the future of the club, and I take this oppurtunity to declare that the first Sunday in February every year (as far as possible, if not overlapping with other events) should be frozen for our FCCCI MEGA meets. So stay prepared for the next one and lets best endeavour to have a SOOPER DUPER MEGA event in 2012 with your presence and your lovely MTP 8389, which was also very much missed this time.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 23:28   #3486
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures by everyone and it sure looked like a big meet. I did see all the cars parked in the Flora Fountain parking lot when I passed by on my route during the Visually Impaired People Car Rally. Hope to attend one of these meets someday soon.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 12:11   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great Reporting and pics guys.

Keep the pics coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hi President, can you post pictures of the Karmann Fiat?

Cheers harit
Just received a set of pictures clicked of the FCCCI Mega meet, by my photographer friend Swapnil Patkar (also an FCCCI member - owner of MMD 67) which I would like to share.
And Yes, Harit. Amongst the pics, you can check out the "FIATed Karmann" at the event too.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-060220112652.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0253.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0267.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0273.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0279.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0280.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0290.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0300.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0305.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0307.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0308.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0312.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0316.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0320.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0324.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0325.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0327.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0328.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0264.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-custom0297.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 10th February 2011 at 11:04.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 13:01   #3488
BHPian

Congratulations Rony and everybody else at the FCCCI Mumbai show! What a wonderful turnout indeed!! I was very keen to be there (in fact I harbour such a desire every time you guys announce these meets/drives, as I've expressed a few times before also) and this time I thought of turning up as a surprise from Delhi. All my Fiats were ready, but my first choice was to drive down in the S1. The plan was to leave her behind in Poona later. I was constantly in touch with Subhash Karmarkar, and he was really egging me on. But it was not to be, alas! Couldn't make it to the VCCCI event either, despite wanting to. I'm enjoying the pictures posted though. Thanks!
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 14:54   #3489
BANNED

Awesome pictures. Nice to see many FIATs have turned up MMU 5490 looks LEGENDARY and a eye catcher with all new looks.

Did FIAT 500 also participate in the rally?
GreenDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 22:57   #3490
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all, for the appreciation - it's these kind words that keep us going !!
Amol, Gogi, Prabal - really missed you guys - do make it the next time !

Hey Rony, this latest batch of photographs is awesome - makes such a huge difference, when the same subjects are clicked from a photographer's perspective . Please pass on my best to Swapnil !

@Chetu: the 500 joined us on the last leg of the rally.

@Cyrus: Buddy, you're the one who's being missed the most !

Last edited by SuperSelect : 9th February 2011 at 22:59.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 17:56   #3491
Team-BHP Support

Superb pictures and congratulations to all especially Rony for showing us such a good time. An eclectic assortment of Fiats (badged and otherwise!) was a great way to spend the day. I had the privilege of driving 2 of Rony's cars, the 57 and 64, which performed as new. I'm glad this time we made the most of the motoring season as next month onwards Mumbai weather will not cooperate.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 17:59   #3492
BHPian

Default Article about FCCCI in today's Marathi newspaper Maharashtra Times !!

Here is a picture of an article about FCCCI, published in today's Marathi newspaper Maharashtra Times's supplement Mumbai Times in their weekly column 'Top Gear'; written by our club member Digamber Yadav.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc05178.jpg  

dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 22:34   #3493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
The dark blue Millecento has a most unusual bonnet mongram
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

1954/56 (?) Millecento, part of Sameer Kadam's enviable collection.

Attachment 461583
Another millecento with a seemingly similar bonnet monogram can be seen in this old south-indian movie:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-img_8353.jpg

Maybe this badge was an accessory exclusive to Millecentos/55 fiats?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 22:55   #3494
BANNED

Ahh they have done a report on "Vroom Vroom" too!! DAMN and BLAST!! Everytime I make a plan on going, it gets canned!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 13:52   #3495
BHPian

On a recent trip to Surat, I saw this Premier Padmini S1 on the National Expressway 1, between Ahmedabad and Baroda, maintaining a decent pace, chauffeur-driven Seth riding in the back! Derelict (cosmetically) but not a relic, yet (the car I mean)!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-premier-padmini-s1-ne1-pic-1-tbhp.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-premier-padmini-s1-ne1-pic-2-tbhp.jpg  

Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote