Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 18th May 2011, 23:10   #3586
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Are we going to have any meets at All this season? We havent met in a long long time.
Your wish is our command sir !!
Let's meet this sunday - 22nd, at Five Gardens - the usual spot, for Fiatful discussions with friends, followed by delicious grub at Koolar's or Tangy's or Both.
How many on ?
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 09:36   #3587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Your wish is our command sir !!
Let's meet this sunday - 22nd, at Five Gardens - the usual spot, for Fiatful discussions with friends, followed by delicious grub at Koolar's or Tangy's or Both.
How many on ?
Good idea!
Keep it going.

Lets meet up around 1030 to be on time for brunch at Koolar's. (I am told that Tangy's has shut shop).
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 17:49   #3588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Good idea!
Keep it going.

Lets meet up around 1030 to be on time for brunch at Koolar's. (I am told that Tangy's has shut shop).
I am up for the meet. Tangy Tomato is now Chili Flake. Koolars has deteriorated a lot in terms of quality.
adheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 10:01   #3589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
I am up for the meet. Tangy Tomato is now Chili Flake. Koolars has deteriorated a lot in terms of quality.
Ok then, can someone come up with a better place then Koolars in that area? Looking forward to a FIATful Sunday morning.
Old 21st May 2011, 11:41   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Ok then, can someone come up with a better place then Koolars in that area? Looking forward to a FIATful Sunday morning.
I think Chili Flake should be fine. Except the name I guess nothing much has phenomenally changed. Anyways with many other options its nearly impossible to starve in KingsCircle-Parsi Colony area.

Last edited by adheesh : 21st May 2011 at 11:49.
Old 21st May 2011, 16:26   #3591
BHPian

With less than 24 hours to go, lets start with attendees list.
1. Adheesh
2. Rony
3. Ravi
4. Jeevan Balwant

Last edited by adheesh : 21st May 2011 at 16:28.
Old 21st May 2011, 19:13   #3592
Team-BHP Support

Won't be able to make it. But here some potential attendees spotted recently.

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat01.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat02.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat03.jpg   <div style=
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:47   #3593
BHPian

@ Karl,
Where you have spotted this MRW **** registered Fiat Select ??
Me & Ravi have seen this car quiet a lot near Plaza, but for last 2-3 months, haven't seen it at all.
It is a Dadar car. I used to see it almost everyday while going back to my place after my classes. It was kept neglected in a society with lots of dust gathered. It has many Padmini fitments & also has 1100D badge on rear. It has fabricated wheel caps having very much similarity with the wheel caps of Italian Fiat 1100.
Attached Images

dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 11:07   #3594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ Karl,
Where you have spotted this MRW **** registered Fiat Select ??
Me & Ravi have seen this car quiet a lot near Plaza, but for last 2-3 months, haven't seen it at all.
It is a Dadar car. I used to see it almost everyday while going back to my place after my classes. It was kept neglected in a society with lots of dust gathered. It has many Padmini fitments & also has 1100D badge on rear. It has fabricated wheel caps having very much similarity with the wheel caps of Italian Fiat 1100.
I saw this car in Byculla. The wheelcaps are spoked, faux alloy type design. The boot has Premier Padmini badges on it.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 14:35   #3595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Won't be able to make it. But here some potential attendees spotted recently.
I dont get this- why and how on earth did these people put/leave Premier Padmini badges on a Fiat 1100?!! Or, most likely the whole bootlids were apparently taken off padminis in case of both these cars...but still, the cars seem to have been repainted since, so atleast at that time the badges shouldve been taken off! I get really peeved when I see any 1100 with padmini badges!

Ironically this in Bombay where fiats were born!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:43   #3596
BHPian

This car was bought by My grandpa in 1977 from a person who had his own garage at santacruz (W) besides the bus depot. The car was originally a taxi which was cancelled and made a private car.
The model was 1961 super-select which was originally in creme colour. Then my grandpa painted it to chlocolate colour and then finally before selling, to jet black !
He sold this beauty in 1988.
This car was maintained in top-notch condition by him with the help of BOMBAY CYCLE AND MOTOR AGENCY CO. LTD. main garage at churchgate, Mumbai.

He sold this off due to the sea weather where we live (near juhu beach), which always rusted the body of the car !
He had spent a lot in tinning work, but still after every 1-2 years, some part or the other of the body would get corroded !

The car's number was- MRX 4413.
I REALLY MISS THIS CAR!!
Can anyone tell me the where-abouts of this car?
(Me and my Dad look the same, so one might get confused; because I was not there before 1991)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat-2.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat-3.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat-4.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat.jpg  

Last edited by rutwij : 23rd May 2011 at 18:52. Reason: Reason for Editing is that I forgot to add one line.
rutwij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:22   #3597
BHPian

Default FCCCI - Mumbai, summer meet - 22nd May 2011

Am posting a few pics of Sundays summer meet at dadar - 5 gardens.

It was nice to meet up with everyone especially the FCCCI Birthday Boy, who had come down from London while we welcomed the freshly restored metallic green Millecento of Hanoz Mogrelia and the white Padmini of Jeevant Balwant which was at our meet for the first time.
Also present was Surender with his Elegant and Ravi (Mr. Bean) with his SS.

The daily commuters of Cyrus (Modded Alto) - yes black wheels and black bonnet , Dannybhai's immaculate (Honda city), Amol together with Amit Sapre's eye turner Fiat 500 and Fabulous Fabia - (inverted lollipop) of yours truly, gave company to their older conterparts.

We miss 'Tangy Tomato' which has closed down and hoping that 'Chilli flakes' the new snack joint in place, improves their standard to match up with time and tested Tangy's flavour.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113799.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113797.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113837.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113803.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113823.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113846.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113856.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113835.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113818.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113817.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-220520113854.jpg  

Old 24th May 2011, 14:19   #3598
Senior - BHPian

@Rony: Nice pics ! Yes we indeed had a great time, meeting after a gap of 2 months.. Hope to meet again in June.

@Rutwij: Superb pics of your car . Feels good to see a Super Select in MINT condition.

The first picture shows the typically Loooong rectangular side indicator, which was a fashionably 'bling' after-market accessory. I remember seeing many cars with this.

Why don't you post this in the "Nostalgic pictures.." thread ?

One question: Are you sure it was a '61 ? In that case it must've been a select originally, later having been "super selected". That explains the MRX number - the Taxi registration must've been changed only in '62.

Last edited by SuperSelect : 24th May 2011 at 14:21.
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 17:15   #3599

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
@Rony: Nice pics ! Yes we indeed had a great time, meeting after a gap of 2 months.. Hope to meet again in June.

@Rutwij: Superb pics of your car . Feels good to see a Super Select in MINT condition.

The first picture shows the typically Loooong rectangular side indicator, which was a fashionably 'bling' after-market accessory. I remember seeing many cars with this.

Why don't you post this in the "Nostalgic pictures.." thread ?

One question: Are you sure it was a '61 ? In that case it must've been a select originally, later having been "super selected". That explains the MRX number - the Taxi registration must've been changed only in '62.
I had a '61,taxi cancel fiat MRX 4886 back in the '80's.Wonder where it would be now.
Ajit Kanbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 19:51   #3600
BHPian

@Raviuncle- This is what information my Dadaji gave it to me which i wrote down, there was this same confusion with Ronyuncle also previously when i uploaded it on facebook and I really have no clue, hence i have posted this here; i hope some one can tell me as to where is this car now?!
rutwij is offline   Reply With Quote