Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 20th June 2011, 21:22   #3646
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Amol, why do you think the 2 dukkars are mutually exclusive? Cant they co-exist together? In fact I'm sure your elegant would love company!
Why not I even have a set of correct hubcaps to finish her However i think this season I will be busy with my new aquisition. The incredible Fatabulus. Watch that thread
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 22:38   #3647
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
And if after so many replies, the beauty still needs a home. Count the Bangalore brigade .

Altough we should be content with some awesome stuff (including a TV), but then we are always greedy.

Also I remember Cyrus stating about their 1958 Select restoration and also of a Delight in some other forum. How about some pictures for us hungry soles.
Ohh those cars are well known on the forum. Esp he 58. Dont have any pics of the delite, but she doesnt look like a delite. Lots to be done in that one.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 23:24   #3648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Why not I even have a set of correct hubcaps to finish her However i think this season I will be busy with my new aquisition. The incredible Fantabulus. Watch that thread
Amol bhau.. what's going on ? Should we officially congratulate you ?
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 08:41   #3649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Altough we should be content with some awesome stuff (including a TV), but then we are always greedy.
Ahh yes the TV we forget that. Who's restoring that anyways?

Ravi: Wait and watch till next week!
Old 21st June 2011, 09:25   #3650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Ahh yes the TV we forget that. Who's restoring that anyways?

Ravi: Wait and watch till next week!
That is being restored by the owner himself, he is very passionate and has ample time to devote, his friend is working along with him.

And this reminds us to visit Mr. Rajendra again to check on the progress of his TV and also see his Standard Flying 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ohh those cars are well known on the forum. Esp he 58. Dont have any pics of the delite, but she doesnt look like a delite. Lots to be done in that one.
I saw your select on your blog and on smc, the body lines are so perfect. I hope you are making her period correct and original when you say restoration. That will be so much fun to watch

Last edited by manishalive : 21st June 2011 at 09:30.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 11:14   #3651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Recently I saw a Premier Padmini S restored by Sanghi. Basically car is original, some modifications were made to enhance reliability and make it more user friendly and comfortable. I hope that the owner will come for a Fiat club event sometime.
Lots of care and hard work went into this, sourcing parts was an issue. I am sure the result was worth the effort.

Cheers harit
Hi Harit- Superb paint job. The paint job and work done is super neat. Replaces the Premier Padmini I had set as a benchmark some time back. Incidentally it was a black one too, not too far from the Sanghi's Mercedes dealership. had posted the picture in one of the earlier pages.
It was up for sale at that time and offered to me by a family friend, but black colour simply attracts scratches. Single owner car, serviced at Swadi right from the time BCMA stopped its operations. The owner was so meticulous he had sponge lining in his garage, so that the paint does not scratch off.
kavesh55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 12:25   #3652
Distinguished - BHPian

A write-up on our cabbies with Premiers lined up, this will be a rare sight in future. After some years only the FCCCI will be able to make a line-up of Premiers.

Though this is media matter, this fits here nicely.

Cheers harit
Attached Images

Last edited by harit : 21st June 2011 at 12:27.
harit is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:41   #3653
Distinguished - BHPian

Every once in a while I get an exciting lot of pictures depicting Indian Motoring history. I must admit that 3 years ago I would NOT have taken these pictures, now I know better as I learn with time.
This picture is one of 6 on some Premier Automobiles workshop. But which one? Here is a roof top used to park cars. Most of those on the left side have suffered frontal accident damage, were the brakes so weak?
Two cars on the right have a partially legible registration, the first is WBF 6689, the second MRF 948. There is one 1962 odd car, the last one in the center row. And all the cars in the background appear to be brand new, no number plates are fitted. There is a sign stuck on a bamboo which says "Delivery".
The other photos show some interiors of the service station, cars neatly lined up. One Dodge or so of around 1956 is also being worked on. There are some exterior photos too with a 1947 Dodge or whatever standing by the side.
Let us hear if anyone can identify this Premier Automobiles entity. The skyscrapers in the background may yield a clue to the location.
This photo should interest FCCI.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-op-scene-27-.jpg  

Last edited by harit : 22nd June 2011 at 12:42.
harit is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:15   #3654
BHPian

Reminds me of the days when I used to sneak into the Bombay Cycle workshop premises to ogle at the new beauties pending PDI for delivery. I used to be on Cloud 9 and would even bunk college sometimes to carry out out such 'illegal activities'.
Thanks Harit for this lovely nostalgic picture re-igniting the good old memories.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:40   #3655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Thanks Harit for this lovely nostalgic picture re-igniting the good old memories.
So are you confirming that this picture is taken on the terrace of BCMA at Opera House opposite Pant Bhuvan?

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:47   #3656
BANNED

This isnt BMCA. I have seen this terrace before with more modern cars on it. I cant put my finger on it, but I have definitely 100% seen it.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:55   #3657
BHPian

Quote:
So are you confirming that this picture is taken on the terrace of BCMA at Opera House opposite Pant Bhuvan?

Cheers harit
Hi Harit,

I have not confirmed the location of your picture. I just mentioned that it reminds me of those days when I used to hang out at the BCMA workshop which used to be in the basement at the showroom premises as also the one behind Ritz Hotel at Churchgate.
This is definately not a BCMA location or I couldn't have missed it.
It probably may be another one outside Bombay, then, if not Maha Auto or Starline, in those times.

Last edited by President : 22nd June 2011 at 15:01.
President is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:22   #3658
Senior - BHPian

Was sourcing some parts, from the Italian ebay, for my Millecento & found these real nice pics of 1100/103 pickup AGAIN.

Dedicated to Pavan Kadam
Name:  1. Fiat 1100103 Pick UP 1957.jpg
Views: 1990
Size:  21.5 KB Name:  2. Fiat 1100103 Pick UP 1957.jpg
Views: 5584
Size:  20.5 KB

Raab Rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 22nd June 2011 at 15:24.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:46   #3659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Was sourcing some parts, from the Italian ebay, for my Millecento & found these real nice pics of 1100/103 pickup AGAIN. Raab Rakha.
Is this a genuine Fiat product? It looks more like those a "ute" conversion popular in Australia.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:48   #3660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This picture is one of 6 on some Premier Automobiles workshop. But which one? Here is a roof top used to park cars.
Dear Harit did not Dadaji Dhackjee exist on the opposite side of BCMA, i am positive this is that terrace, they had an elevator which still exists to take the cars up to the terrace. If you see the picture is pointing Chowpatty side. In anycase lovely picture thanks for sharing.