Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 29th June 2011, 19:18   #3676
Senior - BHPian

Default Teasers

My "Brownie" on her way home. Its was the most beautiful cloudy day over Ghats.
The P&M off-loaded the car at Pune instead of Bhiwandi & we had to drive her all the way back to Mumbai. Due to leaking radiator, we made n numbers of stops. This is where we had lunch & a small photo sessions.
The rope was used by P&M guys to pull her out of trailor as no one had any idea about its gear configuration.

Some observations:
The car drives like dream but the leaking radiator is a huge issue.
The front right tyre bearing heats up after about four kms drive.
The left side windows do not wind up completely.
Fiat Gurus, Pls open your hearts & spare stores.
The car is in Kandivali (E)

Name:  DSCN3203.JPG
Views: 1434
Size:  135.2 KB
Name:  DSCN3205.JPG
Views: 943
Size:  106.6 KB
Name:  DSCN3202.JPG
Views: 4537
Size:  121.2 KB

Some parts already sourced but still looking for some, I'll post exhaustive list shortly.

Now where is my FCCM membership form!!

Raab Rakha.

(the pics are about two month old)

Last edited by ariesonu : 29th June 2011 at 19:24.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 20:46   #3677
BANNED

Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Lovely! Perfect project car id say. Looking forward to seeing her in person in september when I am back!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 21:58   #3678
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Teasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Dear Sonu, I was kind of reminded of my car when i saw these pics I am posting them here for your reference.How time flies by it has been almost three years since I have owned her I think. She was driven down from Pune too on a very rainy day Dont worry you'll get there too. and of course welcome to FCCCI- Mumbai. I am so glad that so many of these lovely Fiats are getting saved!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg5982.jpg  

Last edited by the mole : 29th June 2011 at 22:00.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 22:46   #3679
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sonu, she's looking sweet ! Good luck for this project, buddy. Mumbai has a lot of friendly Fiatians, don't ever hesitate to ask for any kind of help you may need. Keep us posted, and hoping to see you at the next FCCCI meet.

Amol - what a transformation man - it's unbelievable.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 23:04   #3680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice to see her at last! Sure looks better than your previous (blue) one atleast (do you still have that car too btw?)

BTW, somehow this car seems familiar to me- the colour and the number too. I remember seeing a similar car in the same colour also reg'd in T'nagar in someone's online photo album....cant recall where now. But it was a 1-family ownered car, the 'owner' having mentioned her grandfather had bought it new. Was your car owned by such a family?

Last edited by Stanher : 29th June 2011 at 23:05.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 10:14   #3681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, this one is looking so good. But I was under assumption, you had the blue one as told earlier. This one looks better. Why not the interior and engine bay pictures.

@ Shyam: I too remember seeing this beauty some where. there is one more pic of her here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...s-info-49.html
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 10:42   #3682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PareshOswal View Post
Haritsir, how many photos of vintage cars n related things do you have.
I do not know. It is easier to figure out how many grains of rice are there in a rice plate

Quote:
Some observations:
Fiat Gurus, Pls open your hearts & spare stores.
Some parts already sourced but still looking for some, I'll post exhaustive list shortly. Now where is my FCCM membership form!!
Raab Rakha.
Congrats. Now you have this car and a new responsibility.

You have mentioned that the car is in Kandivali. How have you stored her? Ideally the car should be in a covered place, but not enclosed to allow air flow. And she should not be under a plastic sheet, the moisture will go in so deep that you will never be able to fix that permanently. ANd ofcourse first you get the mechanicals fixed, maybe the brakes last but the suspension, engine gear all can be done now.

Good luck and start a separate thread on her restoration.
Chor Bazar will sell you parts (provided they have them) even if you are not a club member.

Cheers harit
harit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 13:44   #3683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nice to see her at last! Sure looks better than your previous (blue) one atleast (do you still have that car too btw?)

BTW, somehow this car seems familiar to me- the colour and the number too. I remember seeing a similar car in the same colour also reg'd in T'nagar in someone's online photo album....cant recall where now. But it was a 1-family ownered car, the 'owner' having mentioned her grandfather had bought it new. Was your car owned by such a family?
Thanks Shyam, She was bought in Jamshedpur in December 2010 & brought here in about March end. When I first sent her pics to Karl, he sent me back an earlier picture of her with owners.
My BIL found her at a roadside garage last December & her pitiful condition was sent to me. But under hood pics soared my souls & I bought her without second thought. .
I never saw her before but first laid my eyes on her in Pune, We had some issues with RTO (MH14 something) in Pune & sorted out yesterday only & hence the public apperance NOW.

SPL NOTE: I drove Karl mad with my questions & msgs. A BIG BIG THANK YOU to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Wow, this one is looking so good. But I was under assumption, you had the blue one as told earlier. This one looks better. Why not the interior and engine bay pictures.
Hi Manish, I had first bought "BLUE" but she just crumbled like house of cards when moved from her resting place. It broke my heart & I started keeping distance from V&C section here. Then I found "BROWNIE" by sheer luck & so kept "BLUE" as a donor car. However during transpotation the entire BUE disappeared, only to be found back last to last week but about 50% parts are missing, especially the engine bay parts.
So now I have one & half cars. The BLUE is stored at my friend's garage in Powai.
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc00911.jpg Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc00910.jpg
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-karbrownie-9.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Congrats. Now you have this car and a new responsibility.

You have mentioned that the car is in Kandivali. How have you stored her? Ideally the car should be in a covered place, but not enclosed to allow air flow. And she should not be under a plastic sheet, the moisture will go in so deep that you will never be able to fix that permanently. ANd ofcourse first you get the mechanicals fixed, maybe the brakes last but the suspension, engine gear all can be done now.

Good luck and start a separate thread on her restoration.
Chor Bazar will sell you parts (provided they have them) even if you are not a club member.
Cheers harit
Harit Ji, BROWNIE is stored in a covered parking lot but not diurectly covered with tarpaulin or palstic covers. We have first floor podium parking in our building with ground floor becoming covered parking. My society people were so infatuated by her that they let me park her in the covered parking area with likes of Figos, i20's & Civics without any parking fee.
The guy who cleans my car, gives BROWNIE also a weekly clean up & that also almost for free.

She drives by self for short distances but as stated earlier radiator will require change, so mechanicals are tested by now. I had changed the oils at the Pune dump itself before driving her home but had to connect her directly with 5 litre jerry can as fuel line from tank was clogged. So we stopped at every pump on the way home.

have visited CB, not only for my car but also for Beetle Boy's (Saleem) car but unfortunately have not been able to find some genuine parts so picked few from Italian ebay.

Raab Rakha.
Old 30th June 2011, 13:58   #3684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Dear Sonu, I was kind of reminded of my car when i saw these pics I am posting them here for your reference.How time flies by it has been almost three years since I have owned her I think. She was driven down from Pune too on a very rainy day Dont worry you'll get there too. and of course welcome to FCCCI- Mumbai. I am so glad that so many of these lovely Fiats are getting saved!
Hi Amol, Your MTP 8389 & President's black Millecento are my inspirations.
I'm even taking her to same Garage for resto. Aslam did show me your car's pics when I visited him with Brownie. He told me that he'll take long time for resto & I'm fine with that because it'll give me ample time to raise funds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hey Sonu, she's looking sweet ! Good luck for this project, buddy. Mumbai has a lot of friendly Fiatians, don't ever hesitate to ask for any kind of help you may need. Keep us posted, and hoping to see you at the next FCCCI meet.
Amol - what a transformation man - it's unbelievable.
Hi Ravi, She is ADORABLE. May I suggest all of you to come & visit her sometime convenient & give me your feedback & also point out things that I may have missed.
How about a small FCCCI meet at my place. I'm not driving her because her front right wheel bearing makes hell of noise & heats up like hell, when driven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Lovely! Perfect project car id say. Looking forward to seeing her in person in september when I am back!
Hi Cyrus, WELCOME anytime bro.

MODS: I could not quote Amol, Ravi & Cyrus in my first response hence back-to-back posts. I'll be grateful, if you could merge my replies. Thanks.

Raab Rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 30th June 2011 at 14:05.
Old 2nd July 2011, 17:58   #3685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Some observations:

Now where is my FCCM membership form!!
Congratulations on finally getting her home. The car looks even better in these pictures, the line is terrific - very few Dukkars still stand the way she is. Most cosmetics are in place, the car will be a stunner once done.

The wheel is heating because the brake liners in that wheel must be jammed. DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR till this is freed up - your car probably still has the small aluminium drums and you do not want to risk cracking them. Besides the leaking hose pipes/radiator will also mean the car will heat up in no time and can cause big trouble.

The window winder mechanisms are still original in your car, and not altered. They must be worn/jammed/rusted by now, hopefully once opened and serviced they will be back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Yup, I had posted a link from a flickr account some time back - coincidentally same car.
karlosdeville is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 18:50   #3686
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sonu, welcome to the club of Dukkar lovers/owners and all kinds of Fiats too. So the Dukkar at Aslam's is this one!! My cars were sadly in worse shape than yours but one is almost done 95% and the other is around 65%

Beware as parts (cosmetic mostly) are almost extinct and one needs a good nose and eye to find them in local shops/scrap yard dealer's too.

Good luck with your restoration. Please post the proposed colour etc.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 19:47   #3687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The wheel is heating because the brake liners in that wheel must be jammed. DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR till this is freed up - your car probably still has the small aluminium drums and you do not want to risk cracking them. Besides the leaking hose pipes/radiator will also mean the car will heat up in no time and can cause big trouble.

The window winder mechanisms are still original in your car, and not altered. They must be worn/jammed/rusted by now, hopefully once opened and serviced they will be back to normal.
Yeah its an awesome feeling having first classic now wholly in my possession. So far she has driven around 280 kms since moving from Pune dump. But now the mentioned issues crept up.
I have noted your points & will ensure no further damage to its delicate parts.
Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congrats Sonu, welcome to the club of Dukkar lovers/owners and all kinds of Fiats too. So the Dukkar at Aslam's is this one!! My cars were sadly in worse shape than yours but one is almost done 95% and the other is around 65%

Beware as parts (cosmetic mostly) are almost extinct and one needs a good nose and eye to find them in local shops/scrap yard dealer's too.

Good luck with your restoration. Please post the proposed colour etc.
Thanx Gogi Veerji, My dukkar is still in Kandivali. We intend to start after monsoons. I have been fishing for ORIGINAL parts from the day I fixed my sights on her. Have collected some & still fishing for more. I'll soon post clean & thorough pictures for Fiat Gurus to give me more tips on more parts required etc.
CB is now my second home.

Raab Rakha.
Old 2nd July 2011, 22:45   #3688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My cars were sadly in worse shape than yours but one is almost done 95% and the other is around 65%
Speaking of which (not intending to hijack the discussion from sonu's 'BROWNIE' post onwards!), what's the latest news on your 2 dukkars, sirjee?? Especially the 2nd one!
Not sure if thats the 95% or 65% one though.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:10   #3689
Senior - BHPian

The second one is the 95% one. Im taking it easy as not really pushing for the rains
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:31   #3690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The second one is the 95% one. Im taking it easy as not really pushing for the rains
Glad to hear that. Any chance of updates in that thread on the car?