Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 17:56   #3871
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,154
Thanked: 707 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

FCCCI fellow members please announce this years dates of the annual mega rally so that we can all plan our calenders. Maybe our Pune friends can join us this year to set the streets of South Mumbai on Fire with our classic beauties.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 14:33   #3872
BHPian
 
rutwij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
FCCCI fellow members please announce this years dates of the annual mega rally so that we can all plan our calenders. Maybe our Pune friends can join us this year to set the streets of South Mumbai on Fire with our classic beauties.
I agree to this very much. It will be real fun !!
It should be one kilometer parade -- LET the rest MUMBAIKARS BE SPEECHLESS

Last edited by rutwij : 6th January 2012 at 14:34. Reason: Wanted to change a word
rutwij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 15:58   #3873
Senior - BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,090
Thanked: 1,271 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
On the 18th of December 2011, Pune's Fiat club organised a drive wherein some pristine examples of the legend in it various forms could be seen.
Below are my friend Sandeep's photographs:
Hi Amar,
Some more INTIMATE pics of the beauties for these thirsty eyes PLEASE.

There are some rare gems there.

Raab Rakha.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 13:28   #3874
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default Fiat Classic Car Club of India - 2012 Mumbai Mega Rally

Hello Friends,

We have finally managed to confirm the date for our 2012 FCCCI - Mumbai Mega Rally which will be on Sunday, February 5th, 2012.
Time, place and route for Rally will be subsequently announced.
So. please stay tuned and keep yourselves free for this annual FCCCI event that everyone is waiting for.
President is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 15:34   #3875
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club of India - 2012 Mumbai Mega Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Hello Friends,

We have finally managed to confirm the date for our 2012 FCCCI - Mumbai Mega Rally which will be on Sunday, February 5th, 2012.
Time, place and route for Rally will be subsequently announced.
So. please stay tuned and keep yourselves free for this annual FCCCI event that everyone is waiting for.
I am of the understanding that the VCCCI rally is also being held on this day...you may want to check on that.
67Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 17:58   #3876
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,154
Thanked: 707 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
I am of the understanding that the VCCCI rally is also being held on this day...you may want to check on that.
Hi Siddharth, yes VCCCI has come with a 5th February date, but bear in mind that Municipal elections are on the 15th, in that likely hood it may happen that the rally may be postponed as Police support may be difficult for so many cars at the venue. If VCCCI is still held on the 5th we can always postpone the FCCCI rally to the next weekend. Atleast now we have a target of 5th February to get all our cars ready Fiat or otherwise.

All in all looking forward to both the rallies this year. rgds the mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Hello Friends,

We have finally managed to confirm the date for our 2012 FCCCI - Mumbai Mega Rally which will be on Sunday, February 5th, 2012.
Time, place and route for Rally will be subsequently announced.
So. please stay tuned and keep yourselves free for this annual FCCCI event that everyone is waiting for.
This year can we also invite Fiat group companies to participate like Alfa romeo etc? it would be very interesting.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 14th January 2012 at 22:56. Reason: Consecutive posts
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 18:26   #3877
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club of India - 2012 Mumbai Mega Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
This year can we also invite Fiat group companies to participate like Alfa romeo etc? it would be very interesting.
Most Welcome! As long as we can manage, presently. However, in the future if we do have any parking or sponsor limitations we shall take it as it comes.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 21:14   #3878
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Saw this beeeeautiful 1959 Select blazing in 'Rosso Scuro' glory.

Stopped and chatted with the owner, a 70 year old Architect who's had her since new. The paint job has to be seen to be believed, my antiquated cellphone camera hasn't done justice to it !!! The job has been done at the Mercedes workshop at Raghuvanshi Mills, Lower Parel.

The car though not fully original, is a daily runner for the now retired gent. It was a delight to hear the whisper smooth eleven hundred engine, and to watch her glide

Number plate hasn't been blanked as I have the gentleman's permission. Hope to see BLI at the mega meet !!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-bli-2.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-bli-1.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-bli-4.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-bli-3.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-bli-5.jpg  


Last edited by SuperSelect : 10th January 2012 at 21:15.
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 21:43   #3879
Senior - BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,090
Thanked: 1,271 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Hi Ravi,

I had passed this car few weeks back but cannot remember where. Its in immaculate condition. Have you taken some interior pics?

Shabba Khair.
P.S.: BUY NEW PHONE with min 5MP camera !!!!
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 21:46   #3880
BHPian
 
AmarPaithankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 126
Thanked: 345 Times
Default

I will definately post more images of some of the beauties over a period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Hi Amar,
Some more INTIMATE pics of the beauties for these thirsty eyes PLEASE.

There are some rare gems there.

Raab Rakha.
Hey Ravi,

Beautifully maintained Fiat. The period colour to is perfect.

Some days back, I got to see a photograph of a beautifully restored / maintained Fiat Super Select in blue shade from Mysore in one of the events it took part in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Saw this beeeeautiful 1959 Select blazing in 'Rosso Scuro' glory.

Stopped and chatted with the owner, a 70 year old Architect who's had her since new. The paint job has to be seen to be believed, my antiquated cellphone camera hasn't done justice to it !!! The job has been done at the Mercedes workshop at Raghuvanshi Mills, Lower Parel.

The car though not fully original, is a daily runner for the now retired gent. It was a delight to hear the whisper smooth eleven hundred engine, and to watch her glide

Number plate hasn't been blanked as I have the gentleman's permission. Hope to see BLI at the mega meet !!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 14th January 2012 at 22:58. Reason: Consecutive posts
AmarPaithankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 10:47   #3881
BHPian
 
rutwij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

I'm eagerly awaiting for this rally since a long time now, but on the 5th Feb, I have my TOEFL exam for master's purpose. & also if VCCCI rally is also there on the same day, i would request if it can be postponed(FCCCI MEET). I know the meet cannot be postponed just because of a single member, but i dont want to miss this one too.
I am missing meets everytime for 4 times in a row now. My bad luck ! :(

Thankyou.
rutwij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 16:14   #3882
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,953
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club of India - 2012 Mumbai Mega Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
I am of the understanding that the VCCCI rally is also being held on this day...you may want to check on that.
Fear not, VCCCI rally has gone on to 26th February. Please rush your entries.
During the rally in 2010, it was promised that rallies in Mumbai would be held within January, this year it was proposed for 4th and 5th of February due to legitimate reason, and suddenly pushed to 26th Feb for unknown reasons. And this info all flows via grapevine and SMS's to favoured few, even when they are non-members.One has to wait if there are further postponements, the weather is still too cool.

But, you can have your FCCCI meet if you chose to by-pass the exhibition of vintage and classic cars being held at VJTI Matunga on 4th and 5th February celebrating 150 years. BTW, this is being held by VCCCI, again for select members?

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 19:52   #3883
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,154
Thanked: 707 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit

Fear not, VCCCI rally has gone on to 26th February. Please rush your entries.
During the rally in 2010, it was promised that rallies in Mumbai would be held within January, this year it was proposed for 4th and 5th of February due to legitimate reason, and suddenly pushed to 26th Feb for unknown reasons.
Cheers harit
Well not surprised that it has been postponed, elections are on the 15 th police would not allow a rally of such scale a week before that. In anycase we shall continue with our fiat club meet. Hope to see you there with your lancia atleast( it is a fiat group company after all ).
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 11:04   #3884
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,953
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Well not surprised that it has been postponed, elections are on the 15 th police would not allow a rally of such scale a week before that. In anycase we shall continue with our fiat club meet. Hope to see you there with your lancia atleast( it is a fiat group company after all ).
I will try to come with the Lancia, she is almost fixed.
But you got your mathematics wrong.
Municipal elections 15th, minus (-) 7, the number of days (1 week) the police will not allow such an event before elections equals to (=) 8. Therefore, 4th and 5th would have been legitimate. The reason for postponement is something else, can tell you when we meet. And nobody as yet has said that this is the last postponement, maybe that is why info was sent to the selected by SMS, with time the evidence will fade away

Cheers harit
Hopefully I can tell you on 5th

Last edited by harit : 13th January 2012 at 11:13.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2012, 11:27   #3885
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,953
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Saw these lovely pictures on PostWarClassic - News / Home - PreWarCar

These pictures make it worthy for the Fiat cause

Cheers harit
Attached Images
  
harit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karnataka Vintage & Classic Car Club Rallies Thread inder_s1 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 138 29th October 2017 18:22
Club NM - Supercar Club from Delhi A.K Super-Cars & Imports in India 10 24th August 2015 08:21
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH) hillram Post-War 1472 4th August 2015 00:41
Pics: Fiat Classic Car Club India Rally - 15 August 2007 karlosdeville Post-War 38 18th August 2011 11:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks