Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 10th September 2012, 17:08   #4036
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Where is this car Karl? it looks a lot like the dukkar that we had in the family. ours was brown changed to a similar coloured blue.

any idea of the Registration no? could you pm me if you knew it?
I haven't seen it move in twenty years maybe. Its in Pune Camp. It used to have a plate on it but dissappeared many years back, so I do not remember it.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 10th September 2012 at 17:10.
karlosdeville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 16:46   #4037
Distinguished - BHPian

I came across a set of pictures which an idiot stuck in an album with glue.
This set of pictures relate largely to Premier Automobiles in south India. One picture should be from the mid 1950's when the Dukker Fiat was introduced. This was calle Elegance 1100. The display is in a room and the wall were dressed up as a scenery.
The second is a group of gents, I feel some mix of politicians, industrialists, maybe someone from Premier Automobiles also. They are standing with a Chrysler product. In this lot of pictures there are photos of the convertible Chrysler of the Mysore Governement, which is now with Nitin. In the picture the car is brand new.
There are various dealers and workshops mentioned, such as
New India Motors (Private) Ltd
S.R.V.S. LTD
Dozeys Garage
Mysore Auto Distributors
Rane (Madras) Ltd
The pictures show an Italian Fiat truck touring south India, also parked at TVS and Southern Roadways, a number of exhibitions where PAL displayed products including lorry chassis, Chrysler buses being introduced with scale models, road tour all over India in a Plymouth, workshop photos, an exciting lot.
Anyone knows about these people and dealerships?

Cheers harit

PS, a nice way to bump up this thread
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-prem2.jpg  

Attached Images

harit is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 17:53   #4038
Team-BHP Support

Lovely, these must be a real treasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This was called Elegance 1100.
Elegance or Elegant? Either way would be strange as I was under the impression the Elegant name was given to the 56/57 centre light models. Can you confirm the Elegant/ce name was mounted with a 54/56 model with the 3 slat grille? The picture posted shows the earliest versions with no side trims and windscreen trims.
Old 26th September 2012, 18:35   #4039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Lovely, these must be a real treasure.

Elegance or Elegant? The picture posted shows the earliest versions with no side trims and windscreen trims.
On the white car what is the protrusion above the dicky lock? The white car looks simply superb.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 10:03   #4040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
On the white car what is the protrusion above the dicky lock? The white car looks simply superb.
The protrusion maybe to hold the license plate as well lift the boot cover. Loved the white wall tyres too...they are truly looking very "Elegant" on an elegant.
67Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 13:55   #4041
Senior - BHPian

Found this beauty lying on the back streets of Sewri. Seems like a daily use.
Not blanking number so that our gurus can trace her.
Anyone know her??

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_0474.jpg <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_0473.jpg <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_0472.jpg <br />
Raab rakha.</div>   <div style=
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 17:32   #4042
BHPian

Has been parked there for some years now. Was with Karl's family long long time ago.
President is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 22:07   #4043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Has been parked there for some years now. Was with Karl's family long long time ago.
Was it owned by his grandparents before they bought the President?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 10:56   #4044
Senior - BHPian

Found another one. This one in rather neglected state.

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_0478.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-img_0480.jpg <br />
... and another one under going some body resto work in Wadala. Will try getting info/pics soon.<br /> <br />
Raab rakha.</div>   <div style=

Last edited by ariesonu : 11th October 2012 at 10:57.
ariesonu is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 11:24   #4045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post

... and another one under going some body resto work in Wadala. Will try getting info/pics soon.

Raab rakha.
Yes But the number is to kill for, what i would not give to swap my MTP with this BML. Just the number ofcourse
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 16:19   #4046
BHPian

Hi Amol, Just heard you are off to Rajkot. Is it MTP or your amazing pontoon?? Have fun, safe drive and bring back lots of pictures for this forum please.
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 18:02   #4047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Hi Amol, Just heard you are off to Rajkot. Is it MTP or your amazing pontoon?? Have fun, safe drive and bring back lots of pictures for this forum please.
Hi Bulldogi i dont know which tweety bird has supplied you with this news I would certainly participate but because of the elongated monsoon and urgent professional schedules I have not been able to get the cars out. I haven't lifted my ponton cover in 2 months now. I think if VCCCI moved this event to mid February or mid January I would certainly attempt this challenging drive. But as you have mentioned in the previous post I am happy to see some activity, only if we had got a two month notice we would have been ready for the drive.

Last edited by the mole : 11th October 2012 at 18:04.
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 20:22   #4048
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Found this beauty lying on the back streets of Sewri. Seems like a daily use.
Not blanking number so that our gurus can trace her.
Anyone know her?
Yup, MRX 8212 was with my grandparents in Bombay/Pune in the late 60s, early 70s I guess. The car was registered to Wanson India, where he worked. He was upgraded in 74 to a President, which we still have. I have some correspondence from Wanson that mentioned the President was issued and 8212 would be scrapped. I saw the car a couple of years ago (in the same spot and condition), and was glad to know she survives. Must speak to the present owners some time.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken this car was a grey/blue earlier, and stood in Sewrie. One front door is from an earlier Millecento.
Old 11th October 2012, 20:56   #4049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Yup, MRX 8212 was with my grandparents in Bombay/Pune in the late 60s, early 70s I guess.
Must speak to the present owners some time.
And try buying her back? You'd have to hunt for parking space again I guess. But might be worth it? Any old pics. of the car from your family albums?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 11:05   #4050
BHPian

Hi Amol, Tweety bird is normal correct, but this time it was not tweety but someone connected with VCCCI. I believe the person concerned is telling A that B is going, and B that A is going , in an effort to get participants. Although the idea of having such events is laudable, the timing is wrong, as is the schedule. If only they had involved more people at the planning stage, they would have had better participation. However credit must be given to young Yash. He seems determined to revive the VCCCI and we should give him our support. Once we know who the club members are, well, thereafter better participation and involvement will naturally follow. Currently no one seems to know their status. Are you a member? Are you not? Only time will tell. Yash, I know you are reading this , although you are under pressure not to respond/contribute to this forum. Rest assured you will have the support of many once your actions display your commitment to transparency and better governance. Information in advance on proposed events is a good beginning. All the best for all your efforts.
Bulldogji is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote