Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 17th December 2012, 23:13   #4081
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Guys.. I am happy to announce that a another fiat (Premier) has joined the Bombay circuits.. this is a child hood dream come true for me. My very own PP.
Congrats on your acquisition! BTW, Padmini with a 1100 Delight grille- 'wonder if this was owned by an FCB member!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 00:06   #4082
BHPian

The mole
Yes it was the programme titled Aspire.
It was telecast on sunday 16/12/2012 at 17.30 hours.
Above the price ticker I saw "courtesy team bhp"
A photograph of the president of the club was shown.
Another photograph wih the Fiat cars was also shown>I think this one was from the Flora Fountain meet.
Regards
PS:On facebook I have sent a message to the tv channel asking for the link.In case they reply I will provide
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 10:13   #4083
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
Today I saw a 10 minute programme about the Fiat classic car club on Bloomberg.
It contained the mahraja's cars as well as some fiats post 1957 models.
The clip was courtesy of Teambhp and the president of the club.
Is this an old one repeated or something recent?
Regards
Yes, that was our dearest Rony a.k.a. 'President' on Team BHP. The show was talking about cars of the Maharajas, and also more common cars of us lesser mortals

Many pictures were taken from Team BHP, and a mention of the source was made at the bottom.

If someone can get a hold of the youtube link please do share.
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 12:44   #4084
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I also managed to buy a Fiat Delight '71. I need help on service and chrome parts please help! Cant even locate a Oil filter!! Where can I get the seats done?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat-71.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-fiat-71-right.jpg  

scooby05 is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 14:02   #4085
Senior - BHPian

Yes the car is a single owner 46k done, in original paint, seats are original but torn. A Pune car. Will want to preserve her, but she needs a coat of paint and modern rust proofing.
Imperial and central at bombay central also dont have the oil filter. also replacing the gear and diff oils with castrol 90 grade.

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2012 at 11:45. Reason: Quoted post deleted
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 14:38   #4086
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Friends, I also managed to buy a Fiat Delight '71.
Quote:
Yes the car is a single owner 46k done, in original paint, seats are original but torn. A Pune car.
Congratulations Scooby! You got yourself a gem of a car. I had a close look at it recently, and it is amongst the best I have seen.

A humble request - the car is too too original to repaint (there are small touch ups), some simple rust proofing should suffice for now - the car is only original once! Regarding the seats, let me exchange seats from my car. Since you would be redoing them anyways, let me keep the torn original ones Must preserve them as templates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
MHI means Nagpur?
MHI is Pune, 1971-ish
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 15:39   #4087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Congratulations Scooby! You got yourself a gem of a car. I had a close look at it recently, and it is amongst the best I have seen.

A humble request - the car is too too original to repaint (there are small touch ups), some simple rust proofing should suffice for now - the car is only original once! Regarding the seats, let me exchange seats from my car. Since you would be redoing them anyways, let me keep the torn original ones Must preserve them as templates.

MHI is Pune, 1971-ish
Karl, Hats off to you1! Where all do you reach to see/inspect cars!! So you basically appreciate my choice!
Anyway, My point is, its now in Mumbai, and very soon will start Rusting crazy, if we do not do some rust proofing ASAP. What do you recommend? Dintrol or the new gen rust preventive and where can I get this done? Seats, I proposed to put in soft covers, after stitching up the torn portions, alternately Kasli is getting me a set of seat frames, so I put in new seats and preserve these in my godown as is. I am looking out for a seat man who can source the original rexin, to make loose covers if possible too.
Yes she is a January '72, and has the special quota release stamp on the cowl. This is because in those days I remember we got our ordered Fiat after 7 Years!!

Last edited by scooby05 : 18th December 2012 at 15:41.
Old 18th December 2012, 16:12   #4088
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Karl, Hats off to you1! Where all do you reach to see/inspect cars!! So you basically appreciate my choice!
Appreciate your choice? I almost bought the car! I was essentially being lazy and postponed the purchase to the next weekend that I was in Pune. Oh well, you snooze, you lose! But I'm so glad the car is in safe hands.

Quote:
Anyway, My point is, its now in Mumbai, and very soon will start Rusting crazy, if we do not do some rust proofing ASAP. What do you recommend? Dintrol or the new gen rust preventive and where can I get this done? Seats, I proposed to put in soft covers, after stitching up the torn portions, alternately Kasli is getting me a set of seat frames, so I put in new seats and preserve these in my godown as is. I am looking out for a seat man who can source the original rexin, to make loose covers if possible too.
Simple. Keep the car in Pune. I will find parking

But seriously, I suppose keep dropping liberal amounts of oil and grease in the hotspots, never use the car in the rain, and park in a closed garage as far as possible. I've never used any of the modern antirust treatments so far, so can't say. I have applied wurth stoneguard on my Landmaster though its too early to tell how it holds up. Rony would be able to better tell us on regular maintenance for preventing rust.

Quote:
Yes she is a January '72, and has the special quota release stamp on the cowl. This is because in those days I remember we got our ordered Fiat after 7 Years!!
Wow, do share a picture.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 18:49   #4089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.........................very soon will start Rusting crazy, if we do not do some rust proofing ASAP. What do you recommend? Dintrol or the new gen rust preventive and where can I get this done? Seats, I proposed to put in soft covers, ..............................
Hey scooby05, what a deal, letting go of a winged Chevy for a Fiat. Hope you have still got some changer left over

You are absolutely right, Mumbai is no place to keep a "rust free" old car, it will rust in no time. That much is guaranteed.
Also, Dinitrol will not help. It only helps on a new car, I had applied Dinitrol on my Amby after doing tin work. They told me not to put it, but I insisted. Rusting was not prevented, it seems that you just cannot clean all the spots INSIDE the car, in the crevices. On the otherhand, I had put Dinitrol on a brand new Maruti van which comes with rust as an accessory, and the first tin-work was done after 12 years.

You must first apply some sort of rust converter which will remove the rust, and then apply any rust preventive as advised by anyone who knows this subject. The surface has to be cleaned.

About the seats, can you show pictures of the tears?

Enjoy your Premier, I just got a manual for it

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 18th December 2012 at 18:51.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 19:56   #4090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hey scooby05, what a deal, letting go of a winged Chevy for a Fiat. Hope you have still got some changer left over

You are absolutely right, Mumbai is no place to keep a "rust free" old car, it will rust in no time. That much is guaranteed.
Also, Dinitrol will not help. It only helps on a new car, I had applied Dinitrol on my Amby after doing tin work. They told me not to put it, but I insisted. Rusting was not prevented, it seems that you just cannot clean all the spots INSIDE the car, in the crevices. On the otherhand, I had put Dinitrol on a brand new Maruti van which comes with rust as an accessory, and the first tin-work was done after 12 years.

You must first apply some sort of rust converter which will remove the rust, and then apply any rust preventive as advised by anyone who knows this subject. The surface has to be cleaned.

About the seats, can you show pictures of the tears?

Enjoy your Premier, I just got a manual for it

Cheers harit
Yes Harit, I sold both my Chevy's including the one that flew to Mahableshwar last year, and my IMPALA hardtop. ! can't manage, all alone, my heart only I know, all have seen my cars and how they were maintained. Fiats are no headaches and low values so doesn't matter. With The change I bought some Raza's as wall decoration no headaches!!!
Rust proofing does not work, only delays the process.
One year will be enough with this Fiat.
The seat are stitched at various places already, and torn at others due to aging.

Last edited by scooby05 : 18th December 2012 at 20:02.
Old 18th December 2012, 20:58   #4091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05

With The change I bought some Raza's as wall decoration no headaches!!!
That seems to be the thing to do! My Rover magically turned into a gaitonde :-) anyways so do we see you in the Fiat for the sula drive then?
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 21:10   #4092
Distinguished - BHPian

Sir, MHI is a Pune registration of the late 1960's and early 1970's, that was also shared by two wheelers.

Quote:
Friends, I also managed to buy a Fiat Delight '71. I need help on service and chrome parts please help! Cant even locate a Oil filter!! Where can I get the seats done?
Hearty congratulations on your new buy. The body line looks clean.

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2012 at 11:46. Reason: Quoted post deleted
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 10:00   #4093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
MHI is Pune, 1971-ish
Dear Karl - thanks, I stand corrected. I confused MHI with MHH. By the way, is MHH Nagpur? My exBoss from M&M had MHH9821, a very original white 1961 super select. He had told me that it was from Nagpur. He sold it to someone in PAL in 1984. I used to see it in Kurla plant at that time.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 13:29   #4094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
That seems to be the thing to do! My Rover magically turned into a gaitonde :-) anyways so do we see you in the Fiat for the sula drive then?
Amol, am I allowed in a Fiat for the Sula drive? Or do I have to come in a Modern classic? Maybe Gogi or Aniruddh can loan me a car to drive in the interim.
I prefer the philosophy/fire in the Raza's so added to that collection. How many understand the Bindu-as the third eye! See you soon.

The engine bay-

Last edited by scooby05 : 19th December 2012 at 13:58.
Old 19th December 2012, 14:56   #4095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Amol, am I allowed in a Fiat for the Sula drive? Or do I have to come in a Modern classic? Maybe Gogi or Aniruddh can loan me a car to drive in the interim.
I prefer the philosophy/fire in the Raza's so added to that collection. How many understand the Bindu-as the third eye! See you soon.

The engine bay-
Ofcourse you are allowed in a Fiat, infact i was planning to drive down in my 1957 fiat but then i thought i would be a bit unconfortable as i have to crouch a little bit to get a clear view from the windscreen. That said i can lend you my 57 if you want now that you are in Fiat land or you can always use your lovely 124 convertible. We will have a discussion on the bindu and more over your certain tomato based specialities some time. I will carry my collection of old raza catologues as well. Regards
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote