Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 2nd June 2008, 14:34   #511
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
FIAT CLASSIC CAR CLUB MUMBAI meet on this sunday. 8th of JUNE. venue will be the same. Five gardens, Dadar. Please come latest by 10:30 or so.

looking forward to seeing everyone there. Cheers. Cyrus.
Dont you guys meet on the 1st Sunday of the month? You must stick to the schedule. It makes it difficult for others to be informed of changes, we've seen it first hand in Poona.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:07   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Dont you guys meet on the 1st Sunday of the month? You must stick to the schedule. It makes it difficult for others to be informed of changes, we've seen it first hand in Poona.
Karl is right. I think from here on i.e. after the meet on the 8th, we must stick to the 1st Sunday of the month Schedule.
I have a suggestion. Since we are a classic car club lets formulate our meets on every month, around and nearby a heritage structure. Maybe one Sunday its the Kalaghoda or Flora Fountain, the next maybe at The Gateway of India, or a period place like the Ballard Pier or Estate. We can gather there and move on to some place for breakfast.
Just standing at one place and whiling our time gets a little monotonous. This will also give us the opportunity to move around the city together and get recognition of our club. I suggest we all pay a pre-decided sum and get Flags made which we must display on our Fiats or other cars. There can also be Stickers the size of which are made during the rally and we can all share the cost. Maybe this 8th is to soon to get all that done but from the July meet, we must do this, simply to create awareness of our club and the cars.
I can arrange for some media to cover us also. What say?? Suggestions please and quick.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:24   #513
BANNED

Yes Gogs that a very very good idea indded. But for this meet, lets keep it as planned as this will be the last meet before the rain starts. And after this, most people will not bring their cars out. Like Roni, Me and i am sure you too. Lets discuss an upcoming rally too. Say after the Rains just like we had last year. And ohh yea, An ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION!!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:04   #514
BHPian

Gogibhai, I think some coverage in TOI's "Tribal Instincts" section might be good. Recently, egangsta and HVOCT had featured.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:48   #515
BHPian

Default FCCCI - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Karl is right. I think from here on i.e. after the meet on the 8th, we must stick to the 1st Sunday of the month Schedule.
I have a suggestion. Since we are a classic car club lets formulate our meets on every month, around and nearby a heritage structure. Maybe one Sunday its the Kalaghoda or Flora Fountain, the next maybe at The Gateway of India, or a period place like the Ballard Pier or Estate. We can gather there and move on to some place for breakfast.
Just standing at one place and whiling our time gets a little monotonous. This will also give us the opportunity to move around the city together and get recognition of our club. I suggest we all pay a pre-decided sum and get Flags made which we must display on our Fiats or other cars. There can also be Stickers the size of which are made during the rally and we can all share the cost. Maybe this 8th is to soon to get all that done but from the July meet, we must do this, simply to create awareness of our club and the cars.
I can arrange for some media to cover us also. What say?? Suggestions please and quick.
Gogi, I fully agree with your suggestion and novel ideas for our FCCCI - Mumbai.
Also, as Karl mentioned that if we do not stick to our "First Sunday" of the month schedule then it will become extremely difficult for co-ordination with other non Team BHPian FCCCI members, in the future.
And Yes Cyrus, this meet we should sit down and streamline our agendas for future meets to come. Meeting at Heritage places is a wonderful idea each time as Gogi mentioned and that will add some novelty for each of the FCCCI meets and rallies.

I am having an out of town tentative schedule for 8th June. But, I will try my level best to sneak out and attend our FCCCI meet, hopefully in the "PRESIDENT" if monsoons are delayed.

So, decide the venue for the meet real quick and keeping distances in mind for our other Fiat Friends/Dads attending from Thane, Nashik, Pune and elsewhere.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:11   #516
BANNED

Ok, lets put options here.

1)
How about Kala Ghoda? But it will have to be around 10 then. We can all meet up in the parking lot. We can then eat nearby. What say? Please suggest other places.

2)
Is there someplace in Bandra we can meet?

3)
How about Gateway of india? Opposite the Taj. Sunday morning, There will be alot of free parking place there. And i am sure alot of tourists will be happy to see the cars too.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:17   #517
BHPian

Default FCCCI Sunday 8th June meet

I am not sure if I am making it for the Sunday meet.

So, I leave it to you guys to decide the venue and if I am in town, I am game to meet up wherever.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:24   #518
BANNED

ok sir!! gogi its up to us now. worse comes to worse, five gardens zindabad.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:25   #519
Senior - BHPian

I think the gateway's a super idea. Distance wise is it ok for all of us ? I can just see the beauties parked neatly, with the sea in the background !!
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 04:32   #520
Team-BHP Support

I don't understand the issue with driving around in a classic in monsoons. If your car is in 100% healthy state I don't think driving around in your Fiats should be a concern? I am sure Gogi doesn't hold his car back in the garage during monsoons.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:25   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ok, lets put options here.

1)
How about Kala Ghoda? But it will have to be around 10 then. We can all meet up in the parking lot. We can then eat nearby. What say? Please suggest other places.

2)
Is there someplace in Bandra we can meet?

3)
How about Gateway of india? Opposite the Taj. Sunday morning, There will be alot of free parking place there. And i am sure alot of tourists will be happy to see the cars too.
Firstly Ronnie, skip whatever you have lined up for Sunday and please come. Even if it is for a little while.
Kala Ghoda or the Gateway are both great ideas. I dont think the parking lot opposite the Taj is available anymore so we might have an issue parking in that area unless we can park along the sea side somewhere between the Taj and Radio club. At Kala Ghoda, we can atleast even leave our cars and stroll along fro breakfast, if we want to, something that we would not do in the open parking alongside the Taj. So think up guys and lets have suggestions and maybe we can all vote. Cyrus you make note of the votes. Guys, start mentioning your preferences now. Once I have some confirmations, ill get some media guys to cover it up, so hurry and guys come in great numbers.
What should the time be, same, 9.30 I presume. Guys please be on time.
Im voting Kala Ghoda, sheerly for the peace of leaving our cars in the lot if we want to go somewhere
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:11   #522
BHPian

Hey Kala Ghoda for me too. I second it with Gogi. I was there at five gardens last Sunday and was surprised to see no-one from the FCCCI. This was supposed to be my first appearance in my FIAT and wanted to meet you all. Nevertheless, this Sunday it should be then.

Gogi, you can update me on the venue as I don't check the site quite often. Thanks!!
star_is_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:31   #523
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Once I have some confirmations, ill get some media guys to cover it up, so hurry and guys come in great numbers.
A little heads up here. DONT ask for any media coverage unless you have at least 8-10 PRESENTABLE cars turning up FOR SURE for the event. Being the first time, you must try and make as big an impression as possible, with all the pretty looking cars present as well for a photoshoot. With the impending monsoons, I dont see that happening this meet, so please confirm soon guys!

Gogi with Special, Dhabhars with one of the restored cars, Ronny with President (doubtfull because of rains I think - try getting 9501), Ravi and Aditya with their Super Select (Aditya dont think your membership has expired!) Keith and Jimmy Marker in their 57s are a must. Adheesh cant be missed too. Hope Im not forgetting anyone.
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:50   #524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I don't understand the issue with driving around in a classic in monsoons. If your car is in 100% healthy state I don't think driving around in your Fiats should be a concern? I am sure Gogi doesn't hold his car back in the garage during monsoons.
Nobody is saying the cars cant be driven in the rain, but they should avoid being driven in the rain. Do you walk around in the open when it rains? Do you not avoid it or carry an umberlla? For us fanatics, same rules apply

But seriously, driving in the rains means water collecting in little nooks and crannies normally not accesible by us to dry out. It gets trapped, and starts causing rust. These cars do not have modern levels of rust proofing, and most have had some kind of tinwork in the past which very rarely is carried out correctly. Most of the time the new metal being used to graft into the car already has some surface rust on it. This will mean that the rust is still present even on the new metal, waiting to spread at the slightest contact of stagnant water. See this for example. Im sure the owner wont mind
Attached Images

Old 3rd June 2008, 19:35   #525
BHPian

Default FCCCI Mumbai meet Sunday 8th June

Quote:
Firstly Ronnie, skip whatever you have lined up for Sunday and please come. Even if it is for a little while.
Kala Ghoda or the Gateway are both great ideas. I dont think the parking lot opposite the Taj is available anymore so we might have an issue parking in that area unless we can park along the sea side somewhere between the Taj and Radio club. At Kala Ghoda, we can atleast even leave our cars and stroll along fro breakfast, if we want to, something that we would not do in the open parking alongside the Taj. So think up guys and lets have suggestions and maybe we can all vote. Cyrus you make note of the votes. Guys, start mentioning your preferences now. Once I have some confirmations, ill get some media guys to cover it up, so hurry and guys come in great numbers.
What should the time be, same, 9.30 I presume. Guys please be on time.
Im voting Kala Ghoda, sheerly for the peace of leaving our cars in the lot if we want to go somewhere
@ GOGI and CYRUS: It has rained heavily today in Pune.
First thing I am doing tomorrow is running for cover with my PRESIDENT to Napean Sea road Uncle's basement parking.

However, as I said earlier, I will definately try and make it even without PRESIDENT if I am around.

Just thinking that this Photoshoot should be postponed (after monsoons) as everyone is not gonna be sure of bringing their cars due to the uncertainty of monsoons.

However, I am game and open to any venue being decided upon for convenience.