Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 11th September 2008, 23:06   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Well, i dont know how to say this but Ishan told me the owner wanted 9 lakhs for the unrestored car...
I don't know what the asking price is now, although I know the present owner too. But the earlier quoted price for the unrestored car by Ishan is completely wrong, Gogi. There's a miscommunication somewhere. The person selling it then is in this trade for a long time and knows his onions, although he does price his produce high when he's selling it as is the case with everyone in this line. When it comes to buying, the scenario suddenly becomes very grim. However, to be fair to him, he was asking for less than a tenth of the above amount - he's greedy as anyone has the right to be, but he ain't an imbecile!

@S.B.Jatti - there's a thread called Classics Available, which is more suitable for such posts, and we'd also like to keep this forum for non-dealers (directly or indirectly), if you know what I mean. There are many lurking about, where we have no way to keep a check, but where we know, let's not let them run in incognito. Otherwise let them be men enough to register here with their real names and let everybody know that profit is their only motive. No offence to you, Shiva, hope you understand. We have to draw a line between our friends on and off the forum, especially where the motives are divergent.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th September 2008 at 00:52. Reason: Edited on request.
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 23:41   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
I don't know what the asking price is now, although I know the present owner too. But the earlier quoted price for the unrestored car by Ishan is completely wrong, Gogi. There's a miscommunication somewhere. The person selling it then is in this trade for a long time and knows his onions, although he does price his produce high when he's selling it as is the case with everyone in this line. When it comes to buying, the scenario suddenly becomes very grim. However, to be fair to him, he was asking for less than a tenth of the above amount - he's greedy as anyone has the right to be, but he ain't an imbecile!

@S.B.Jatti - there's a thread called Classics Available, which is more suitable for such posts, and we'd also like to keep this forum for non-dealers (directly or indirectly), if you know what I mean. There are many lurking about, where we have no way to keep a check, but where we know, let's not let them run in incognito. Otherwise let them be men enough to register here with their real names and let everybody know that profit is their only motive. No offence to you, Shiva, hope you understand. We have to draw a line between our friends on and off the forum, especially where the motives are divergent.
As you are aware, I know all the dealers, especially those operating out of Delhi and if this Fiat belonged to any one of them I would definitely not put up the pictures. I understand whom you have in mind and it is not his Fiat.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th September 2008 at 00:52. Reason: Quoted post edited.
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 00:07   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isnt this the same car that Ishan had posted or informed about?
Quote:
Exactly what i have posted earlier Abhi.
Well, i dont know how to say this but Ishan told me the owner wanted 9 lakhs for the unrestored car

Bhai i was answering your question from your post .

Bhai the price for the car was not 9 lacs. he was asking 1.25lacs for it unrestored with scope for negotiations. i found this price unreasonable for a fiat.

Last edited by speedy : 12th September 2008 at 00:09.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 13:11   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
As you are aware, I know all the dealers, especially those operating out of Delhi and if this Fiat belonged to any one of them I would definitely not put up the pictures. I understand whom you have in mind and it is not his Fiat.
Point noted and appreciated, sir. Only thing is that I know that this car belongs to JS whereas the other one that you think Iím confusing it with belongs to NS, but Iím not! JS and NS are both friends of mine, as they undoubtedly are yours too, so we both also know that JS is with NS often and at CCD Sujan Singh Park too, on Ďbusinessí. Also that JS bought this car at NSís behest and selling it so too. My point is, why don't we invite more enthusiasts to join up? As they are not dealers but collectors, theyíd be happy to be here, sale of car notwithstanding.
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 23:10   #905
BHPian

[quote=SuperSelect;973998]Okay Boys, let's have a head count for Sunday's meet:
1) Cyrus43
2) SuperSelect
3) Behram sir
4) Rony (with the President, pleeeease !)
5) Gogi (we've been missing you too much dude, and with the peshal, pleeeease !)
6) Amol
7) Can anyone please call Anil Jain ??
8) Immy ( hope its not a rainy day, my cars hood is in the paint shop)
9) Please add your names.
immyshaikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 00:11   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's a miscommunication somewhere...... - he's greedy as anyone has the right to be, but he ain't an imbecile!
Oh ok but Ishan did say 9 lakh. maybe he misunderstood....grossly too

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i found this price unreasonable for a fiat.
True, true!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 01:39   #907
BANNED

1) Cyrus43
2) SuperSelect
3) Behram sir
5) Gogi (we've been missing you too much dude, and with the peshal, pleeeease !)
6) Amol
7) Varun a.k.a. Micheal Schumi
9) Mr. Ravi Pawar. Grey Premier Padmini With Recently installed K&N and Freeflow courtesy Yours Truly!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 02:21   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Point noted and appreciated, sir. Only thing is that I know that this car belongs to JS whereas the other one that you think Iím confusing it with belongs to NS, but Iím not! JS and NS are both friends of mine, as they undoubtedly are yours too, so we both also know that JS is with NS often and at CCD Sujan Singh Park too, on Ďbusinessí. Also that JS bought this car at NSís behest and selling it so too. My point is, why don't we invite more enthusiasts to join up? As they are not dealers but collectors, theyíd be happy to be here, sale of car notwithstanding.
Thank you sir, now the confusion seems to have been cleared. JS may be meeting NS but he (JS) definitely is not a dealer by any strech of imagination. Any way, I uploaded the photographs with no personal interest nor at the insistance of JS or NS. I just felt that it is a good Fiat and I my intention was that any good Classic should get max. exposure so that it goes to the right persons, who deserve to have such cars. Any way , we haven't had a million hits to be really concerned about the benefits the owner of the car would have had by my posting. I am really sorry that I have upset you by this posting. Thank god it is only a Fiat.
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 11:48   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
1) Cyrus43
2) SuperSelect
3) Behram sir
6) Amol
9) Mr. Ravi Pawar. Grey Premier Padmini With Recently installed K&N and Freeflow courtesy Yours Truly!!
10) Chetan. (new chap) with 57 Elegant.
11) Chetan's friend. (name unknown !!) with 59 Select.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 12:56   #910
BHPian

I will be there 10.00am sharp but i might have to leave early.
Will try to get the UNO as Ravi has'nt seen it.
michael schume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 12:56   #911
BHPian

Default "FCCCI - Mumbai" meet Sunday, Sept 14th '08

1) Cyrus43
2) SuperSelect
3) Behram Sir
4) Rony (without President as the car is still stowed away for monsoons)
6) Amol
9) Mr. Ravi Pawar. Grey Premier Padmini with recently installed K&N and freeflow courtesy. Yours Truly!!
10) Chetan (new member) with '57 Elegant
11) Chetan's friend with '59 Select
12) Anil Jain from Thane with '62 Select MRW 6018

Kaizad Engineer and Adheesh have confirmed that they cannot make it.
I will be there at 10 am to say "Hello", but may leave early as have got to meet up with somebody for work soon after.cheers:
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 13:12   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
details please - any pics of the same?
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 13:40   #913
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
details please - any pics of the same?
I have some pictures of the mess the car was in before correct installation and damage control!!
They are not very good, but you can see what is what!

Name:  DSC02889.JPG
Views: 463
Size:  54.2 KB

K&N running on a rubberish Pipe with HUGE restrictions in terms of some rubber and metal packing!!

Name:  DSC02890.JPG
Views: 459
Size:  53.4 KB

APEX HEADERS!!!

Name:  DSC02891.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  65.3 KB

Stupid Esteem Muffler!!
Name:  DSC02892.JPG
Views: 426
Size:  50.5 KB

Some Godforsaken End Can!!

Name:  DSC02893.JPG
Views: 449
Size:  53.5 KB

As of now, the car is running on a 1-3/4 inch Downpipe and 1-3/4 inch muffler. It has a slainless Steel intake with a reducer from 3" to 2" wgich finally enters the carb! Looks SUPERB!!! Will get pictures soon!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 13th September 2008 at 13:46.
Old 13th September 2008, 14:11   #914
Senior - BHPian

the petrol overflow tray looks messy. how is the exhaust note? the automech headers look yummy. but why two mufflers?
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 14:14   #915
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
the petrol overflow tray looks messy. how is the exhaust note? the automech headers look yummy. but why two mufflers?
This is before the install. Ask him only why he put two mufflers!!

The headers are old..not Automech. but Apex. Now defunct though

EDIT: The guy has a royally leaking Carb.