Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 11:54   #946
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 728
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Can we please have ideas for the next meet. I suggest we meet a Chowpatty and then head towards Nariman Point. Then, we can eat somewhere near Churchgate. Maybe the Gayloard Bakery or that ice cream and juice place(forgot the name) opposite the Ambassador Hotel!

K Rustom if I may say so. How come churchgate altogether ? Guess I know why, but sundays govt offices are closed
kavesh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 14:03   #947
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
K Rustom if I may say so. How come churchgate altogether ? Guess I know why, but sundays govt offices are closed
Ohh no no!! Not that reason! The reason is that we need a nice scenic drive and a relaxing snack place where we will get alot of parking.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 20:15   #948
BHPian
 
michael schume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MH 01 i.e.BOMBAY not mumbai
Posts: 171
Thanked: Once
Default

Just one thought guys. Its been a year now and we have never had a night meet, except for the the Anniversary. What do u think guys?
michael schume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 21:45   #949
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Well, We can have another dinner meet in a few months. As for October 5th, Lets keep it as schedueled in the morning. The only thing to decide now is the locations.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 22:10   #950
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Yo guys, a drive down marine drive is super. But let's all get our fiats this time .
MRX 6839 will soon be gone for work, and this is one time she'll get to meet her friends..
How about beer and pizzas at the Pizzeria ??
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 22:53   #951
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Yo guys, a drive down marine drive is super. But let's all get our fiats this time .
MRX 6839 will soon be gone for work, and this is one time she'll get to meet her friends..
How about beer and pizzas at the Pizzeria ??
Well, We faced a huge parking problem last time at the Pizzeria. Roni baba is no where to be seen!! Roni baba, Where art thou???
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 23:20   #952
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Well, We faced a huge parking problem last time at the Pizzeria. Roni baba is no where to be seen!! Roni baba, Where art thou???
@CYRUS: I have just returned home after a wonderful two day stay in Pune.

However, as discussed earlier lets start off (or end??) from/at another Heritage point in mumbai and do the rally at Marine Drive as desired by one and all.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 23:27   #953
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
@CYRUS: I have just returned home after a wonderful two day stay in Pune.

However, as discussed earlier lets start off (or end??) from/at another Heritage point in mumbai and do the rally at Marine Drive as desired by one and all.
Done!! How about this, Lets start at Gateway of India at 9 30AM and then make our way to Nariman Point. How does this sound?? Also, Roni baba, did you get the millicento back??
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 23:34   #954
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Here's what we can do-
Meet at Malabar Hill somewhere close to Sahyadri. Blast down the road past the loop at teen batti, come screaming down walkeshwar road, past the chicane at Babulnath band stand, and hit the marine drive straight... All the way upto (the chequered flag) the Oberoi / NCPA. Take a u turn, pose for pictures opposite the Marine Plaza Hotel, turn right at Churchgate junction pitstop at K Rustom's.
Binge on ice cream like we're about to be nuked.
Go home, and pass out.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 23:36   #955
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Done!! How about this, Lets start at Gateway of India at 9 30AM and then make our way to Nariman Point. How does this sound?? Also, Roni baba, did you get the millicento back??
@CYRUS: MILLICENTO prefers and deserves Pune weather and protective indoor care. She stays there with her family, until her turn for resto.

Your suggestion from Gateway of India is fine with me, as long as all the club members confirm the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Here's what we can do-
Meet at Malabar Hill somewhere close to Sahyadri. Blast down the road past the loop at teen batti, come screaming down walkeshwar road, past the chicane at Babulnath band stand, and hit the marine drive straight... All the way upto (the chequered flag) the Oberoi / NCPA. Take a u turn, pose for pictures opposite the Marine Plaza Hotel, turn right at Churchgate junction pitstop at K Rustom's.
Binge on ice cream like we're about to be nuked.
Go home, and pass out.
@RAVI: I like your suggestion too.
May be you were posting just when I was replying Cyrus.
However, both the suggestions are cool.
We still have lots o time to decide and fine tune.
Lets keep Thursday 2nd October deadline for finalisation.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th September 2008 at 01:16. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE or the EDIT button instead of making consecutive posts.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 23:42   #956
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

@Ravi, Nice Idea!!

@ President, Get her in time for the drive though. If not, you better get the First Citizen of the Club

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 26th September 2008 at 23:56.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 23:59   #957
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Great, let's fix the run details later. I've gotten in touch with Chandubhai Morzaria (the "dagli - walla" in the lane behind Parsi dairy at princess street), and he has promised to bring his immaculate super select. (BTW he's a big fan of Behram !). Also chatted up one Mr. Anand Deodhar at girgaum (1957 elegant, black, small headlights, complete but needs TLC) who was quite excited about the FCCCI. He'll join us too.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 00:00   #958
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Made Two Small Route Maps.

First one is the Gateway Map.

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-untitled.jpg

And this one is the hanging gardens map.

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-untitled1.jpg



Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Great, let's fix the run details later. I've gotten in touch with Chandubhai Morzaria (the "dagli - walla" in the lane behind Parsi dairy at princess street), and he has promised to bring his immaculate super select. (BTW he's a big fan of Behram !).
Chandubhai is a very old Family Friend! Wonderfull Fellow!

Also, Ravi What about that guy with the millicento. The guy who owns that garage i told you about.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 27th September 2008 at 00:03.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 00:03   #959
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Wow Cy, that's something ! We're all getting excited about the drive now.
Yes yes, I'll call the Millecento guy too. Daryl Dias.
Also the green fiat 600 - Dr. Tushar Mangeshikar.

Last edited by SuperSelect : 27th September 2008 at 00:04.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 00:04   #960
Senior - BHPian
 
amit V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: kolkata
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

[quote=Cyrus43;993275]Made Two Small Route Maps.

First one is the Gateway Map.

Attachment 53092

And this one is the hanging gardens map.

Attachment 53093



Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Great, let's fix the run details later. I've gotten in touch with Chandubhai Morzaria (the "dagli - walla" in the lane behind Parsi dairy at princess street), and he has promised to bring his immaculate super select. (BTW he's a big fan of Behram !)./quote]

Chandubhai is a very old Family Friend! Wonderfull Fellow!
a bit out of topic.
@ cyrus, where did you get this map from? is this googlemap or something else.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karnataka Vintage & Classic Car Club Rallies Thread inder_s1 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 138 29th October 2017 18:22
Club NM - Supercar Club from Delhi A.K Super-Cars & Imports in India 10 24th August 2015 08:21
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH) hillram Post-War 1472 4th August 2015 00:41
Pics: Fiat Classic Car Club India Rally - 15 August 2007 karlosdeville Post-War 38 18th August 2011 11:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks