Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 6th October 2008, 01:39   #1051
BHPian

Yes guys it was great fun today, and in mumbai for the first time there were all fiats in the line up . Harit's 1926,Fiat 600 & spider were the big celebrities accompanied with others. I hope Amol's Elegant safely went to the garage, without havaldars touuble. Had a wonderfull day..
digamber_yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 01:59   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Had a great time. Met a lot of new guys and had a great meet. The attendance was great as was the enthusiasm. It was also a perfectly sunny mid-day, thank you weather Gods, for being on our side.

Reached a little late so missed the two Spyders.

Sadly enough, the Special just would not start. Pushed, shoved but just wouldn't crank up. So I called my mechanic to come and fix it as I was already running half hour behind schedule, so i hopped on in the Swift and was, swiftly there.

Harit's Fiat was wonderful and drew the maximum attention, leading the convoy. Then was Amol's centrelight
The car convoy made a brilliant impact on the viewers.

So many enthusiasts from all age groups, just like the cars ranging from the 20's to the present day 2008. Missed Subhash Karmarkar, wish he could have come too. Well maybe next time.

Wound up with a lovely lunch at Mocambo Cafe with the gang. There on back to the pavillion. Im looking forward to the next meet already.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 14:18   #1053
Team-BHP Support

A very enjoyable experience indeed, was great to see such numbers and new faces and wheels. Harit's 1926 509, Dr Mangeshkar's 600 and the 2 Spyders were indeed a treat. I bid a tearful farewell to my beloved ratty dukkar, she should be fully restored in Amol's capable hands by January for the Pune event.

Special thanks to President (with his recently spruced up car looking great) and others for the efforts put in. And of course to Kiran for giving me company and transport to and fro. He should upload some pics shortly.
karlosdeville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 17:54   #1054
Team-BHP Support

Harit praising Fiatwallas for a change

Quote:
Fiat Run: Sirji, this event was very nice and I think that we all enjoyed ourselved. Thankfully the Fiat 509 does not look as shabby in the photographs as she is. But I have already sent her for silencer work, then we shall sort out the mechanicals. I deliberately took the car for this event because I wanted to meet up with many of the guys whose names we read on threads. Next time all should formally introduce themselves to each other.
It was very nice to have been a part of this event. I did take the trouble to bring my Fiat simply because this was a Fiat gathering and I wanted to add some colour. It is amazing to see how dedicated all the guys are towards Fiat. And the number of these guys is growing. And remeber, even Jackie Shroff has an old Dukker Fiat which is being kept in good nick.
All the best till next time.
Harit
Old 6th October 2008, 20:54   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Dear Fiatwallahs a big thank you, never had a better Sunday. The inhabitants of MTP 8389 felt like true outlaws this sunday with Karl at the wheel we dodged dozens of cops waiting to impound our poor dukkar, almost a pac man like situation we were so scared that we did not line up with the rest of the gang on marine drive. and sped into a quiet lane in Ballard estate and hid the poor car.

But all that is set to change now, Karl I promise you a "kaach a tukda."
Today the car was dismantled in the garage, we will miss her in her maverick avtaar.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 09:41   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

This was the best.

This sunday was the best till date. we had so many meets till date but 18 Fiats, (If i am not wrong) was simply great.cheers:

Total no. of fiat lovers was more then 30. I am talking of gust who came along with us. Other lovers were different.... (few on road, One man who came along with us on the drive, i think Mr. President gave him the lift.)

Good job done by all of us, great guys, keep up the good work guys.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th October 2008 at 04:53. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 16:29   #1057
BANNED

@Rupesh, The Final count was 21 cars+ 1 Swift. However, there were around 40+ people present for the event.

As I have said before, this has been one of the best events so far abd slowly and surely, the participation is increasing.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 16:45   #1058
BHPian

Default and some more pics here..........

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg5949.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg5970.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg5953.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg5963.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg5966.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg5971.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6016.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg6041.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-cimg5982.jpg <br /> <a href=Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-05102008057-small.jpg   <div style=
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 16:57   #1059
BANNED

Ohh yes!! This Picture shows the Prowess of FCCCI MUMBAI!! Just look at all those gleaming babies. Could we have more pictures from Rohans Camera Please. If you dont mind.
Old 7th October 2008, 17:59   #1060
BHPian

Wow, what a great meet it must have been! I should have attended it.. Grrr.. but alas had some other work.

A request to Dr. Karl :
There is a growing interest in the aam junta about Fiats. Unfortunately, most of them think that Fiats have always been Indian products and have no relation with the Italian Fiats. Many friends often ask me, "What's so special about the Padminis, that you like them so much?" Little do they know that the 1100 has a long history and a legacy attached to it. (I was ignorant too before I joined Team-BHP)

Is it possible to write an article giving a glimpse of the various variants of the Fiat 1100 sold in India, from the Elegants to the Padminis? I read your article Fiat 1100D v/s Premier Padmini and I really liked it. Can you write something on similar lines, if you haven't yet? With your style of writing, it will be understandable to a layman too.
And Mr. Dhabhar can always contribute about the technical improvements made in the variants of the Presidents/Padminis. I guess we can spread such an article to all uninformed Fiat owners who don't understand the value of this potential classic and are on the verge of selling/scrapping their cars. Such an article will stop them from doing so and save Fiats from extinction.

Thanks

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 7th October 2008 at 18:00.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 22:51   #1061
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Wow, what a great meet it must have been! I should have attended it.. Grrr.. but alas had some other work.

A request to Dr. Karl :
There is a growing interest in the aam junta about Fiats. Unfortunately, most of them think that Fiats have always been Indian products and have no relation with the Italian Fiats. Many friends often ask me, "What's so special about the Padminis, that you like them so much?" Little do they know that the 1100 has a long history and a legacy attached to it. (I was ignorant too before I joined Team-BHP)

Is it possible to write an article giving a glimpse of the various variants of the Fiat 1100 sold in India, from the Elegants to the Padminis? I read your article Fiat 1100D v/s Premier Padmini and I really liked it. Can you write something on similar lines, if you haven't yet? With your style of writing, it will be understandable to a layman too.
And Mr. Dhabhar can always contribute about the technical improvements made in the variants of the Presidents/Padminis. I guess we can spread such an article to all uninformed Fiat owners who don't understand the value of this potential classic and are on the verge of selling/scrapping their cars. Such an article will stop them from doing so and save Fiats from extinction.

Thanks
Salil, i think you havent seen this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/264501-post5.html
Old 8th October 2008, 00:23   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely pics. Pres!

How I wish the classic car scenario was as lively out here!

A little leg-pulling here, no offence intended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
That sticker on the windscreen appears to say "Sabena"- isnt that like, a 'budget' detergent powder? Now we know how this poor little dukkar ended up the way it is!!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 03:37   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
But all that is set to change now, Karl I promise you a "kaach a tukda."
Today the car was dismantled in the garage, we will miss her in her maverick avtaar.
Fantastic meet.

Great news Amol
Please please take pics of the restoration in process and make it into an interesting thread. Since my centrelight is also being dismantled in a day or two, we could merge that threads to make one thread.
What colour have you decided on?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 09:50   #1064
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Fantastic meet.

Great news Amol
Please please take pics of the restoration in process and make it into an interesting thread. Since my centrelight is also being dismantled in a day or two, we could merge that threads to make one thread.
What colour have you decided on?
Yes please Amol, this needs to be documented here. Constant updates will also mean valuable advice from many stalwarts here.
Old 8th October 2008, 17:29   #1065
BHPian

A little late, but better than never.

The meet was fantastic and so will be the other meet (so members not attending know what they are missing)

Personally liked the spyders & selects, not to mention Roni's & Adheesh's 'Good Looking' cars . Cant forget Gogi's swift, the performance literally blew me off. On second thoughts it could be the zero car for the rally.

@Michealschumi- you know where we need to go post-navratri to settle scores

Last edited by kavesh55 : 8th October 2008 at 17:31. Reason: forgot to mention
kavesh55 is offline   Reply With Quote