Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 17th October 2008, 00:29   #1141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
this thing looks really cool. any one of you want to donate your car?? cyrus how about you, you have a 1100ss.
1100 SS??? You mean 1100s (as in lots of 1100...plural)!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 12:43   #1142
Senior - BHPian

@cyrus - the car is at Kari track / MMST IIRC. did you get the pics from the modded fiats thread?
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 13:15   #1143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
This Fiat has McDowells No 1 Decals on it. Anyone know whose car this is??
If you know who owns the brewery that makes McDowells No. 1, you would know who the car belonged to at one point of time. Another one of his Fiats is also pictured in one of the track day picture albums:

VJM's Fiat.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 14:02   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Guys could you tell me which modern engines would fit into a 65 fiat. I have an idea and am curious to know. Thanks
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 17:25   #1145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Guys could you tell me which modern engines would fit into a 65 fiat. I have an idea and am curious to know. Thanks
I thought you didnt like Phiats much!! Anyways, Gypsy is one of the best transplants.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 17th October 2008 at 17:28.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:27   #1146
BANNED

@Gogi and Karl, Remember at the pune rally i was telling you guys how i remembered seeing a Millicento with the Cranking handle slot, i searched alot but coudnt find the picture of the car. Finally today, i found it.

Here it is. As seen in the 2007 rally. I have heard that this car is in really bad shape as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-100_0542.jpg  

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 17th October 2008 at 17:29.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:36   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought you didnt like Phiats much!! Anyways, Gypsy is one of the best transplants.
I never said i did not like Phiats but some Fiats have been on the collection list. I got an idea after seeing The VJM fiat, so off beetle here comes a Fiat. Hey Cyrus i get to fulfill a dream and also not out of place in the club . Would take a while but i have it easier now.
Any other engines could be transplanted. Say the honda, nissan, toyota. I know someone with a rally preped gypsy engine(carb) and he also has i gypsy king engine(mpfi).

What are the other things that would go in the making, if i put in the gyspy heart?
Old 17th October 2008, 17:39   #1148
BANNED

Quote:
I never said i did not like Phiats but some Fiats have been on the collection list. I got an idea after seeing The VJM fiat, so off beetle here comes a Fiat. Hey Cyrus i get to fulfill a dream and also not out of place in the club . Would take a while but i have it easier now.
Any other engines could be transplanted. Say the honda, nissan, toyota. I know someone with a rally preped gypsy engine(carb) and he also has i gypsy king engine(mpfi).

What are the other things that would go in the making, if i put in the gyspy heart?
Who do you know with a rally preped Gyped-Fiat!!??? And where is the car. Also, do you know if Singhi still has his Fiat?? And Last but not least, I think dad will be the best person to ask about the Gypsy-engine-in-a-Fiat thing!! I shall yell him to write on it in his free time!
Old 17th October 2008, 17:52   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who do you know with a rally preped Gyped-Fiat!!??? And where is the car. Also, do you know if Singhi still has his Fiat?? And Last but not least, I think dad will be the best person to ask about the Gypsy-engine-in-a-Fiat thing!! I shall yell him to write on it in his free time!
No No Cyrus you have it wrong the person used to rally with the Gyspy so he still has those engines with him. No fiat with the Gyspy engine.
Never remember seeing a fiat with him, but will ask. Yes please do that. Everyones inputs would be needed.
I was planning to make a hotrod racer out of a beetle but now i think a better option would be the 1960's Fiat 1100 (sucide doors). I get entry into the club too.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:01   #1150
BANNED

Quote:
No No Cyrus you have it wrong the person used to rally with the Gyspy so he still has those engines with him. No fiat with the Gyspy engine.
Never remember seeing a fiat with him, but will ask. Yes please do that. Everyones inputs would be needed.
I was planning to make a hotrod racer out of a beetle but now i think a better option would be the 1960's Fiat 1100 (sucide doors). I get entry into the club too.
singhi Definately rallied Fiats way back in the 80s. It is possible that he may still have the car. Ket dad come home, he knows the Reg Num to his car. Also, Those Gypsy Engines, Where are they?? Bombay??
Old 17th October 2008, 18:13   #1151
Team-BHP Support

Speedy, you could also try a 118NE powerplant if you can source one. It's smooth and powerful enough for a Fiat. Plus, it's just 82cc more than the old Fiat engine. The 118NE's gearshift was superb.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 18:25   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
singhi Definately rallied Fiats way back in the 80s. It is possible that he may still have the car. Ket dad come home, he knows the Reg Num to his car. Also, Those Gypsy Engines, Where are they?? Bombay??
Ok, will check with him and get back. I doubt it would still be there though. JK rally cars after they do their bidding get sold to make place for newer ones. The engines are in Bombay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Speedy, you could also try a 118NE powerplant if you can source one. It's smooth and powerful enough for a Fiat. Plus, it's just 82cc more than the old Fiat engine. The 118NE's gearshift was superb.
I wish i was interested in modification back in the days, i was offered a 118NE engine and gearbox for Rs 35,000. The engine was modified and had Webber twin carbs and a Crower cam. This was a while back and the engine was picked up by someone for Rs 28,000.

Aditya i need something peppy and more powerfull. when i do get the project started i want it to be a wolf in sheeps clothing. Somthing you would mistake for a buggered up car on sight.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:45   #1153
Team-BHP Support

Then you could try the Conti ISZ engine. It's got double the power of a regular Fiat. Someone with a turbo charged version of the same in a Padmini killed an Octavia RS off the line at a recent Speedrun. Ofcourse, the car was heavily modified to take the power and torque.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 19:08   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Then you could try the Conti ISZ engine. It's got double the power of a regular Fiat. Someone with a turbo charged version of the same in a Padmini killed an Octavia RS off the line at a recent Speedrun. Ofcourse, the car was heavily modified to take the power and torque.
That was Kaizad with his turbo charged fiat. I am talking of the Milesento body(sucide door) fiat. I dont think the conti engine would be a direct fit, there would be modifications and lots of alterations.
Old 17th October 2008, 20:04   #1155
BANNED

Quote:
That was Kaizad with his turbo charged fiat. I am talking of the Milesento body(sucide door) fiat. I dont think the conti engine would be a direct fit, there would be modifications and lots of alterations.
Arre bhai, what has happened to you!!
It is millicento not milesento...Also, the one you ae talking about should be Select or a Superselect. also, tell me about the engines please. Let me start coaxing dad for a gypsy swap now!!