Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 21st January 2009, 23:30   #1381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I think the car is MRP regd. I have the number at home, will see on weekend. Brilliant car, ekdum chakachak. Glad to know it isnt scrapped yet.
Although I too ma glad, I'm also surprised it hasn't been yet! Uska number kab aayega? Someone should save it before that!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 01:07   #1382
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Cyrus did you see this cab near dadar TT ? Because I saw an MRO the day bfore yesterday near five gardens, on Ambedkar road around 8 in the evening. The best set of wheel caps I've ever seen, man. Didn't pay attention to the other stuff somehow in traffic.
Yes, It was Indeed an MRO. Those Alluminium FIAT monogrammed Wheel caps really made me drool. I soooo wanted to stop and ask him for certain things but my couzin would have had my head for being late.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 14:30   #1383
BHPian

H E L P

I have 62 Italian fiat 1100 deluxe WBF -1, which I will try and post photos, that has just been restored here in Calcutta. Finished in a baby blue with cream trim, MRF made up a set of white walls for me as they are not available here in Calcutta.
I also found a pair of very nice circular mirrors that mound on the doors. ANY ONE LOOKING FOR A SET?

I NEED A SET OF LOCKS AND THE STRING NET FOR THE BACK OF THE FRONT SEAT.

I wrote an article for an the American Hemmings Motor News on the Calcutta Statesman Car Show which can be seen by Googling
"hemmings motors news - calcutta concours" Worth checking out.

John

We have some interesting Fiats here that i will try and post

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd January 2009 at 00:43. Reason: Link to smiley corrected.
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 18:29   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
H E L P

I also found a pair of very nice circular mirrors that mound on the doors. ANY ONE LOOKING FOR A SET?
Yes, could you post a picture of the mirrors please?

Cheers,
boeuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:01   #1385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
H E L P

I have 62 Italian fiat 1100 deluxe WBF -1, which I will try and post photos, that has just been restored here in Calcutta.
Hello John,
Welcome aboard! I'm sure Karl Bhote (karlosdeville in this forum) would be glad to see you here! He'd told me about you/your car quite a long time ago, and had sent me a few pics. as well- I must say one of the most original examples of a 1100 (barring the hubcaps and presumably rims) I've seen! I think karl told me it was a one-owner car when you'd bought it?

I've got 2 out of 3 pics. of your car, which were taken before it was done up. I do remember karl telling me then itself, that you were planning to paint it baby blue though.

Name:  fiat011.JPG
Views: 796
Size:  106.0 KB

Name:  fiat041.JPG
Views: 709
Size:  55.4 KB

Anyways, now that we have you here, I'm sure we can look forward to seeing more of your lovely car! And do try for the original hubcaps, those'll complete it's "virgin" look!

Last edited by Stanher : 22nd January 2009 at 21:02.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 22:37   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Hey John,
Your car looks real drool material !! Do post latest pictures, AND those of the side mirrors you mentioned. About the seat net, I'm afraid, it's difficult to source, so that makes two of us. . The moment I find any leads, I'll let you know.
Best wishes.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 23:01   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I NEED A SET OF LOCKS AND THE STRING NET FOR THE BACK OF THE FRONT SEAT.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif
Welcome to the forum John.
Lovely car you have there. Tyres are available aplenty here but im not sure if the stocks will last as now the Fiats are getting phased out. If you want another set please let me know. I will try and get one for you.

Re the string net behind the front seat, i can ask my seat guy. He is doing making one for me at present. If im happy with the outcome, ill post te pics and you may, if you then wish, get one made from him.

Quote:
Aren't we all??
If you could post a pic of the set or any car which has a similar set on it, it would help. Yes i would be interested too.

Please take time to familiarise yourself by browsing through the forum rules. If i could request you to also post your introduction, it would help us lot to get to know you better. Have fun on the Forum.
Ciao

Last edited by V-16 : 22nd January 2009 at 23:04.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:30   #1388
BANNED

I think I do have the Original Seat net that came out of 1144 lying somewhere at home. I shall definately try and search for it.

Now, And more inportantly, Dad, Me+2 and Varun+1 Will be leaving On Sunday Morning at around 9ish. Anyone wanna Join in??

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 23rd January 2009 at 00:32.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 19:18   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Yesterday I saw your FCCCI badged Fiat Spyder at the Mumbai Auto show. My Dodge was next to it, in the Bollywood stall.
In fact when I entered I was looking at the helicopter which you were flying, not seeing you. When I noticed you, you were focussed on flying the helicopter and I did not want to disturb. On my way out you were not there, I asked your buddy who was steering the racer and he said that you had gone for lunch. We will catch up next time.

At the exhibition Fiat had a stall, displayed the Linea, which is a really very smart car. Unfortunately the retro 500 was not displayed.
sorry i missed you in the crowd sir, will catch up next time for sure

oh and you left your car unlocked (didnt know it was yours) and there were just too many people sitting inside and fiddling with the lights and stuff, i requested for a barricade for their safety.
immyshaikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 07:51   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
Yes, could you post a picture of the mirrors please?

Cheers,
boeuff

hope to have them installed this week.
two types. door mounted & fender mounted.
will send photos and prices.

need to learn how to up load photos first.

john
Old 24th January 2009, 08:06   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Hello John,
Welcome aboard! I'm sure Karl Bhote (karlosdeville in this forum) would be glad to see you here! He'd told me about you/your car quite a long time ago, and had sent me a few pics. as well- I must say one of the most original examples of a 1100 (barring the hubcaps and presumably rims) I've seen! I think karl told me it was a one-owner car when you'd bought it?

I've got 2 out of 3 pics. of your car, which were taken before it was done up. I do remember karl telling me then itself, that you were planning to paint it baby blue though.

Attachment 92519

Attachment 92520

Anyways, now that we have you here, I'm sure we can look forward to seeing more of your lovely car! And do try for the original hubcaps, those'll complete it's "virgin" look!

HI,

MAYBE I SHOULD CHANGE MY HANDLE TO "VIRGIN JOHN" AT SEVENTY I AM ALMOST BACK TO WHERE I WAS WHEN I WAS A YOUNG DREAMER!

YOUR PHOTOS OF MY CAR BLEW ME AWAY,
1ST. I STILL HAVEN'T MASTERED HOW TO POST PHOTOS,
2ND. I HAD MISTAKENLY DELETED THE REAR END SHOT, AND WHAT WAS LOSS HAS BEEN FOUND. I DID A SERIES OF SHOTS AT THAT TIME AND AS SOON AS I GET THE MIRRORS INSTALLED WILL GO BACK AND DO SERIES OF SIMILAR SHOTS TO HAVE A BEFORE AND AFTER RECORD.

A FRIEND OF MINE HERE IN CAL FOUND A SET OF HUB CAPS THAT I HAVE HAD RESTORED, POLISHED AND FITTED FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS ONLY. BEING MY DAILY DRIVER I HAVE A SET OF PAL CAPS.
Old 24th January 2009, 09:36   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Welcome to the forum John.
Lovely car you have there. Tyres are available aplenty here but im not sure if the stocks will last as now the Fiats are getting phased out. If you want another set please let me know. I will try and get one for you.

Re the string net behind the front seat, i can ask my seat guy. He is doing making one for me at present. If im happy with the outcome, ill post te pics and you may, if you then wish, get one made from him.

Aren't we all??
If you could post a pic of the set or any car which has a similar set on it, it would help. Yes i would be interested too.

Please take time to familiarise yourself by browsing through the forum rules. If i could request you to also post your introduction, it would help us lot to get to know you better. Have fun on the Forum.
Ciao

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

I WILL TRY AND PUT UP AN INTRO AND I HAVE LOTS OF PHOTOS TO SHARE ONCE I SORT THINGS OUT.

RE TIRES; DON'T THINK I WILL NEED A SET OF TIRES IN THIS LIFE TIME AS WE ONLY SPEND OUR WINTERS HERE AS WE LIVE IN TORONTO. MY WIFE IS FROM CALCUTTA WHICH BROUGHT ME TO THIS FAIR CITY AND LAND.
MRF DID UP A "SPECIAL ORDER" FOR ME. A GOOD IDEA.

RE NETTING; PLEASE SEND ME PHOTOS, THANKS.

A L S O N E E D ;
-SET OF MOLDED MATS
-REAR FIAT 1100 EMBLEM, MINE BROKE, SANJAY MY RESTORATION MAN HAD ONE MADE UP, "CLOSE - BUT NO CIGAR" AND WILL REPLACE ONCE I FIND AN ORIGINAL.
-PAIR OF ORIGINAL TAIL LIGHTS
-SET OF TOOLS
-SET OF LOCKS - IGNITION, DOOR, TRUNK

I HAVE A COPY OF THE OWNERS MANUAL THAT COVERS THE STANDARD, DELUXE & FAMILY WAGON. WOULD IT BE OF HELP TO HAVE IT SCANNED AND POSTED SOMEWHERE FOR REFERENCE?

W H A T W E R E T H E O R I G I N A L C O L O R S
-WHEN TRYING TO FIND THE ORIGINAL COLORS OFFERED BY FIAT, I COULDN'T FIND ANY INFORMATION. USUALLY THE MANUFACTURERS SALES LITERATURE SHOW THE COLORS OFFERED THAT YEAR.
-I FINALLY FOUND ONLINE, A SALES BROCHURE SHOT OF THREE FIATS IN A FIELD ONE IN THE BABY BLUE COLOR.
-THE FIAT CLUB OF ENGLAND PUT ME ONTO AN AMERICAN COMPANY THAT SPECIALIZES IN MATCHING PAINT COLORS AND THEY HAVE A GREAT WEBSITE - GOOGLE "AUTOCOLORLIBRARY"
-PERHAPS SOMEONE HAS A CONTACT WITH FIAT OR A FIAT CLUB IN ITALY THAT COULD SUPPLY THE INFO.

HOW MANY FIAT CLUBS ARE THEIR IN INDIA AND HOW MANY MEMBER?

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP
JOHN
Old 24th January 2009, 11:04   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
boeuff

hope to have them installed this week.
two types. door mounted & fender mounted.
will send photos and prices.

need to learn how to up load photos first.

john
John,
Here is the photo upload process.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)

Cheers,
boeuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 11:38   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

I WILL TRY AND PUT UP AN INTRO AND I HAVE LOTS OF PHOTOS TO SHARE ONCE I SORT THINGS OUT.

RE TIRES; DON'T THINK I WILL NEED A SET OF TIRES IN THIS LIFE TIME AS WE ONLY SPEND OUR WINTERS HERE AS WE LIVE IN TORONTO. MY WIFE IS FROM CALCUTTA WHICH BROUGHT ME TO THIS FAIR CITY AND LAND.
MRF DID UP A "SPECIAL ORDER" FOR ME. A GOOD IDEA.

RE NETTING; PLEASE SEND ME PHOTOS, THANKS.

A L S O N E E D ;
-SET OF MOLDED MATS
-REAR FIAT 1100 EMBLEM, MINE BROKE, SANJAY MY RESTORATION MAN HAD ONE MADE UP, "CLOSE - BUT NO CIGAR" AND WILL REPLACE ONCE I FIND AN ORIGINAL.
-PAIR OF ORIGINAL TAIL LIGHTS
-SET OF TOOLS
-SET OF LOCKS - IGNITION, DOOR, TRUNK

I HAVE A COPY OF THE OWNERS MANUAL THAT COVERS THE STANDARD, DELUXE & FAMILY WAGON. WOULD IT BE OF HELP TO HAVE IT SCANNED AND POSTED SOMEWHERE FOR REFERENCE?

W H A T W E R E T H E O R I G I N A L C O L O R S
-WHEN TRYING TO FIND THE ORIGINAL COLORS OFFERED BY FIAT, I COULDN'T FIND ANY INFORMATION. USUALLY THE MANUFACTURERS SALES LITERATURE SHOW THE COLORS OFFERED THAT YEAR.
-I FINALLY FOUND ONLINE, A SALES BROCHURE SHOT OF THREE FIATS IN A FIELD ONE IN THE BABY BLUE COLOR.
-THE FIAT CLUB OF ENGLAND PUT ME ONTO AN AMERICAN COMPANY THAT SPECIALIZES IN MATCHING PAINT COLORS AND THEY HAVE A GREAT WEBSITE - GOOGLE "AUTOCOLORLIBRARY"
-PERHAPS SOMEONE HAS A CONTACT WITH FIAT OR A FIAT CLUB IN ITALY THAT COULD SUPPLY THE INFO.

HOW MANY FIAT CLUBS ARE THEIR IN INDIA AND HOW MANY MEMBER?

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP
JOHN

WHERE DO I POST MY INTRODUCTION?
Old 24th January 2009, 12:44   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WHERE DO I POST MY INTRODUCTION?
There is an 'introduce yourself' section in the main forum page. Pls post the intro there. And also, go through the announcements section and read through the posting rules too.avoid Posting in all caps.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote