Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 25th February 2009, 21:05   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, I'm in for the drive too. I'll be hitching a ride in the President's President !
1. Cyrus
2. Behram
3. Rony
4. Amol
5. Anil Jain + 2 relatives
6. Karl
7. Adheesh
8. Immy
9. Varun +3 (may be) & 3 cars (hopefully)
10. Srinivasan
11. 65Mustang. (new member) most welcome!
12. Gogi
13. Ravi
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 15:56   #1457
BANNED

Immy Just called to say he has to urgently go to Dubai and will not be attending. So now,
1. Cyrus
2. Behram
3. Rony
4. Amol
6. Karl
7. Adheesh
8. Varun +3 (may be) & 3 cars (hopefully)
9. Srinivasan
10. 65Mustang. (new member) most welcome!
11. Gogi
12. Ravi

Two More people will confirm by tomorrow.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 18:43   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
It is known as vacuum operated "Wolf" whistle. It works on vacuum generated in the intake manifold. It is very common on American hotrods like Chevrolets. It is basically a ~1"-diameter siren with a tin horn to amplify the sound, and a valve that you tied a cable to so you could control it from inside the car. It hooked to the intake manifold & sucked air through the siren.

Still available in the international markets. And by the way don’t our cars have enough sources of vacuum leaks to add this one to them??

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
I had one bought by my uncle for me in 1977. I was of course not allowed to legally f=drive then but it was installed in MRJ 6041, my brother's grey (non metallic) President, which was a gift from my Grand dad, bought from Maha Auto in Kurla.

Last edited by V-16 : 26th February 2009 at 18:48.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 19:54   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Maha Auto in Kurla.
Have heard a lot about from you and Behram, where is/was this Maha Auto situated ?
I thought the prominent dealers for PAL were BCMA & Starline.
Autoriders and I guess Wasan joined in the bandwagon some where in the late 80s.
kavesh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 01:05   #1460
BANNED

Saw a brilliant Millicento/Elegant being restored today. I have clicked a picture, Shall upload it by tomorrow. Also spotted a nice Super Select and a Really Really Bad Super Select.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:52   #1461
BHPian

Updated List as on Friday, Feb 27, 2009

1. Cyrus
2. Behram
3. Rony and family
4. Amol
6. Karl
7. Adheesh and family
9. Srinivasan
11. Gogi
12. Ravi
13. Feroze and family (Doesn't promise but trying hard to make it)

More to confirm on Saturday.

We shall meet up at 8 am outside MADAN MOTORS - Chembur, which is located just after the Priyadarshani Signal on the road towards Lonavla/Pune. Once everybody is there, we head for Sahyadri Restaurant at Kamshet after Lonavla. (Same venue as the last drive we had in the monsoons). We should all plan to exit the Expressway at Lonavla and then head for Kamshet from the old road. Once there, we obviously do PET PUJA, GUP SHUP, INTER action, PHOTO SHOWTO and BUY bye whenever we are ready to hit back for Aamchi Mumbai. And, I think we should be back to Mumbai by 3 pm or so after having a FIATFUL drive.

As always.............
please remember to stay in a convoy and make the FIAT presence felt all over!
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 12:17   #1462
BANNED

New Entries For our Drive.

1. Cyrus
2. Behram
3. Rony and family
4. Amol
6. Karl
7. Adheesh and family
9. Srinivasan
11. Gogi
12. Ravi
13. Feroze and family (Doesn't promise but trying hard to make it)
14. Dan Maniyar and gang from Thane.
15. Sagar, Our newest member with his Elegant (tentative)
16. Anosh Dhondy and Frammy Dhondy with their Silver and Black Two Tone Elegant!

Anywyas, These are the cars that I mentioned in my Previous Post.

This is the Elegant that is Being Restored at the Garage near the Race Course. Sad to see that replaced body panel with the holes though. Just in front of the Radiator.
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image00001.jpg

And this is a very decently maintained Super Select/Select with a Padmini Badge though.
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image00007.jpg
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image00008.jpg
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image00006.jpg
Old 1st March 2009, 00:36   #1463
BANNED

Really looking forward to tomorrows meet. Hope to see everyone with their Fiats tomm!!!

Found another rotting Delite. Sad condition though. Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image00001.jpg
Old 1st March 2009, 17:37   #1464
BHPian

Great meet guys. Lovely drive but the weather did'nt help a bit, almost all of us missed our other A/C cars but it was clearly worth it.
Here are the pics more and better ones would be up soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc00117.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc00118.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc00119.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc00120.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc00121.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-dsc00122.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by michael schume : 1st March 2009 at 17:42.
michael schume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 17:45   #1465
BANNED

As Varun Said, The weather was really bad, but nonetheless, we had alot of fun. Will post a few Group pictures first. A writeup/snapshots will come later.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image00040.jpg  

Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-image00043.jpg  

Old 1st March 2009, 19:15   #1466
Senior - BHPian

I saw 2 of your group members standing with their car bonnets open on the expressway! I guess they had not prepared the car to stand the unpredicted Heat today! Neway then I saw Ronny waiting for them some distance later, so moved on. This was at about 3.15pm. I hope all are back home.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 19:52   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I saw 2 of your group members standing with their car bonnets open on the expressway! I guess they had not prepared the car to stand the unpredicted Heat today!
No amount of preparation would have been enough to save the cars from todays heat wave on the expressway, it was in the high thirties atleast (it felt much more) I almost had a dejavu of driving in the Lucknow area in the midst of the Loo! It was a amazing drive though, me, my wife and Ravi raced down the ghats touching 100km/hr at certain stretches however as we reached Panvel I sensed (actually smelled) the radiator boiling over (The elegant has no heat gauge), so we pulled over for 15mins cooled down the car and then continued moving towards bombay briefly stopping near Vashi to check the radiator but hey!! she was fine. We reached home by 3:30PM.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 20:18   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
No amount of preparation would have been enough to save the cars from todays heat wave on the expressway, it was in the high thirties atleast (it felt much more) I almost had a dejavu of driving in the Lucknow area in the midst of the Loo! It was a amazing drive though, me, my wife and Ravi raced down the ghats touching 100km/hr at certain stretches however as we reached Panvel I sensed (actually smelled) the radiator boiling over (The elegant has no heat gauge), so we pulled over for 15mins cooled down the car and then continued moving towards bombay briefly stopping near Vashi to check the radiator but hey!! she was fine. We reached home by 3:30PM.
Yes Concrete Roads Do emit much more heat, dont know why, but its a fact. Imagine even I was in a Non AC Car today driving down also at 70mph, and even the quarter glass was throwing in Loo as in Heat wave where the air is hot[40*C+]. Luckily my car did Good, no boiling. Just the Dadar belt was choked and so slow moving.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 20:54   #1469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
You came back by the expressway? I thought you were taking the old road. I took a 20 minute halt at Lonavala and then gunned it down the old road to catch up with you. Reached Bandra Reclamation by 3.20. And oh yes, enjoyed a cool and comfortable drive in my airconditioned Contessa.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 21:56   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael schume View Post
Great meet guys. Lovely drive but the weather did'nt help a bit, almost all of us missed our other A/C cars but it was clearly worth it.
Here are the pics more and better ones would be up soon.
Are those chrome snap-on rims?
If so are they available?
john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote