Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2007, 23:36   #136
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,320
Thanked: 5,959 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
last of what i heard is that he has shifted to pune and is semi retired. he has sold his house in bombay to some diamond person who is going to build a building there.

Thats great news for us Punekars! We hope to see him drive a classic in Pune everyday. Heres some of his collection.







karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 23:50   #137
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,194
Thanked: 1,308 Times
Default

He also still has the black super select MRX 9000?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 23:53   #138
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,320
Thanked: 5,959 Times
Default

That was never his in the first place. That car belongs to Pheroze Mehta.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 00:00   #139
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,194
Thanked: 1,308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That was never his in the first place. That car belongs to Pheroze Mehta.
Uh yeah, I thought it was him you guys were talking about!

I just refrianed from disclosing his name as I thought we were not allowed to here....!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 01:27   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Ohh....I could guess whom your talking about gogi,
Although I heard he is retired....!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
last of what i heard is that he has shifted to pune and is semi retired. he has sold his house in bombay to some diamond person who is going to build a building there.
Nope not retired at all and not shifted anywhere. Just met him a few days ago in his Kingsway.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 04:07   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Nope not retired at all and not shifted anywhere. Just met him a few days ago in his Kingsway.
this is what was told to me by his neice. he has sold his bunglow that is confirmed cause i know the person who has bought it. he must have shifted elsewhere from his original house.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 21:45   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,139
Thanked: 684 Times
Smile

he moved to tardeo he told me
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 01:19   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
this is what was told to me by his neice. he has sold his bunglow that is confirmed cause i know the person who has bought it. he must have shifted elsewhere from his original house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
he moved to tardeo he told me
Yup Abhi, he sold his bunglow and as Amol has said has moved toTardeo.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 01:40   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

gogi bhai i have not spoken to him in a year, been in touch with his neice off and on and she told me.when i told her that he was still in bombay and not shifted to pune she said he has postponed his plans. she also mentioned that he was upto dating his pune house and shifting the cars or atleast some of the cars there and eventually himself too. dont know how true it is.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 02:08   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
gogi bhai i have not spoken to him in a year, been in touch with his neice off and on and she told me.when i told her that he was still in bombay and not shifted to pune she said he has postponed his plans. she also mentioned that he was upto dating his pune house and shifting the cars or atleast some of the cars there and eventually himself too. dont know how true it is.
Wow he must be wanting to visit his pune house and maybe stay off and on. Karl pliss check for Mint condition classics in Pune and holler. Will be there earlier than you think.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 03:06   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Wow he must be wanting to visit his pune house and maybe stay off and on. Karl pliss check for Mint condition classics in Pune and holler. Will be there earlier than you think.
i think that would be his weekend get away or something.

whats holler bhai
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 03:29   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i think that would be his weekend get away or something.

whats holler bhai
Holler is Shout buddy. Im just trying to be hepph!! (hip)
Eg: Give me a Holler
means: Shout out or call for me!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 03:39   #148
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Holler is Shout buddy. Im just trying to be hepph!! (hip)
Eg: Give me a Holler
means: Shout out or call for me!
oh! ok did not know that.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:28   #149
BHPian
 
suren181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 847
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Fiat Select Available

Posting this on behalf of Stanher whom i'd like to call as the founder of the SVCA (Save Vintages and Classics Association) chapter of Hyderabad.

He just called me and asked me to post that he is at the moment in the slaughter yard of Hyderabad (the junk yard i.e) and there is an esrly sixties select most probably a 60 ~ 62 model which is relatively original with all/most of the fittings intact. The car is a light grey colored one however rust has set in to an extent and body work is needed.

He is in the process of trying to get more details and would like to know if anyone would be interested in procuring this for himself/herself and preserve itf or posterity.

Interested folks could kindly call him (his number am sure is available with most of us in this section of TBHP) or pm him. If in case you need his number you could also pm me for the same.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 16:09   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Posting this on behalf of Stanher whom i'd like to call as the founder of the SVCA (Save Vintages and Classics Association) chapter of Hyderabad.

He just called me and asked me to post that he is at the moment in the slaughter yard of Hyderabad (the junk yard i.e) and there is an esrly sixties select most probably a 60 ~ 62 model which is relatively original with all/most of the fittings intact. The car is a light grey colored one however rust has set in to an extent and body work is needed.

He is in the process of trying to get more details and would like to know if anyone would be interested in procuring this for himself/herself and preserve itf or posterity.

Interested folks could kindly call him (his number am sure is available with most of us in this section of TBHP) or pm him. If in case you need his number you could also pm me for the same.
Suren, Khan_Sultan wanted one. Why dont you PM him.

Last edited by V-16 : 11th September 2007 at 16:17.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Apps that help you with the purchase / servicing of cars Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 28 27th November 2016 19:13
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500 shailu Motorbikes 66 21st March 2016 23:29
Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 zaks Motorbikes 173 1st June 2015 18:19
what's the difference between a grey market purchase and a B&W purchase wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 99 3rd June 2009 16:54
Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? InternetUser Technical Stuff 11 15th January 2008 13:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks