Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 13:03   #1621
BHPian
 
AltoHoncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 581
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Guys do these fiats and marutis really deserve to be on this thread? They are not classics by any standard and simply clog up the thread. Why not have a separate section for them. This is a humble request to the mods as I am tired of going through these countless fiat/maruti posts.
Classics are post WWII ones, and these do fall in the category. These machines carry a good history and hence deserve to be here, I believe. I am sure you'll get more views 'bout Fiats and MS800s which'll be ample to trigger a change in your thoughts.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 13:13   #1622
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Classics are post WWII ones, and these do fall in the category. These machines carry a good history and hence deserve to be here, I believe. I am sure you'll get more views 'bout Fiats and MS800s which'll be ample to trigger a change in your thoughts.
I agree with Manish. This is a "classics " thread, and should be restricted to Classics as classified, maybe maximum upto 1965! Though classics as I understand are cars more than 40 years old. Moreover not all Mass produced cars can get classified as classics.
Can the Mods please take appropiate action. Maybe for fiats a seperate thread which exists be used, though in classics should be limited to say 1969.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 13:22   #1623
BHPian
 
AltoHoncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 581
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

@scooby / manish: We should appreciate these beauties as well, they maynot appeal to you in person but to many others here they do. There are people who're into restoration of these like Stanher and Karlos, I think if a 80s M800 and Fiat irks you, then simply ignore the post rather than hitting out on it.
Nothing in person mate, just an opinion. Since the posts here are not just "any" info but are targetted to some purpose.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 13:38   #1624
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
@scooby / manish: We should appreciate these beauties as well, they maynot appeal to you in person but to many others here they do. There are people who're into restoration of these like Stanher and Karlos, I think if a 80s M800 and Fiat irks you, then simply ignore the post rather than hitting out on it.
Nothing in person mate, just an opinion. Since the posts here are not just "any" info but are targetted to some purpose.
Appreciate what youve said. Let there be a new thread "Indian Made Classics" This thread does otherwise get heaviliy loaded with Fiats at times. And Please also appreciate that a '85 M800 Cannot be termed as a classic Please.

Last edited by scooby05 : 4th September 2009 at 13:43.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 13:49   #1625
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,337
Thanked: 875 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Appreciate what youve said. Let there be a new thread "Indian Made Classics" This thread does otherwise get heaviliy loaded with Fiats at times. And Please also appreciate that a '85 M800 Cannot be termed as a classic Please.
there is no problem in having a separate thread, but I cant understand why some guys get irked on the mention of ss80 maruti as a collectible.
this is one car whose market price has gone up in the last year
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 14:10   #1626
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
1975 model Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 for sale with original DCM Toyota 13B Engine and all original parts, Toyota Landcruiser winch..Owner is quoting 12L. photos are attached below. I would love to own it, but I feel its over priced....Please suggest me ?

How Can it be original with that engine??

Way Way overpriced.

I came across another of these in Delhi. that too had a DCM Toyota engine. This owner wasnt that absurd but absurd nevertheless.
dyer_made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 14:16   #1627
BHPian
 
AltoHoncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 581
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

I had a similar chance in 2002, we ended up buying the 13B-T engine and few related parts for one of our projects then, we attempted an extended chasis mahindra offroader with this engine (a direct injection and turbocarged). The project went successful and is still runing good with the owner.
Although in current senario its nowhere in competition with others but for an in-house attempt, it was a good one.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 14:23   #1628
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyer_made View Post
How Can it be original with that engine??

Way Way overpriced.

I came across another of these in Delhi. that too had a DCM Toyota engine. This owner wasnt that absurd but absurd nevertheless.
Delhi has many of these FJ40's since they were sold thru the STC in the '80s. I think a fair price for a fully restored should be around 6 lacs. I was offered an unrestored one for 3 lacs a year back from a dealer in Delhi.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 22:09   #1629
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 685 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
there is no problem in having a separate thread, but I cant understand why some guys get irked on the mention of ss80 maruti as a collectible.
this is one car whose market price has gone up in the last year
I agree with you! If we can have a thread in the classics section for a SS80 why not list one for sale here. Besides 90% of the members are enthusiasts who look at an accessible classics as a step to getting more serious when finance permits.

In any case I have never seen a super rare car being listed for sale here.(they will always be traded in closed circles and never appear on a public forum) Why not atleast keep it lively with Fiats, Ambassadors and other accessible classics which are aloso featured occassionally.

As far as which is a classic and which is not is highly disputable and a topic of debate. This year at VCCCI's rally in Mumbai 57 Fiat and a 82 Bullet won prizes in the best maintained category and best restored category. Heck a Ponton was not considered a classic some years ago.

Cheers and keep posting options for all level of enthusiasts.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 11:46   #1630
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,337
Thanked: 875 Times
Default 1932 fordY for sale

this ford Y for sale,asking Rs.6 lakhs
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc00062.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc00285.jpg  

ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 22:44   #1631
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
this ford Y for sale,asking Rs.6 lakhs

This car is in punjab have seen more pics of this car in rallys and know the owner.Does this car have a 4 cylinder engine or a V8 ?

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 6th September 2009 at 22:47.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 22:55   #1632
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,463
Thanked: 181 Times
Default

The head lights seem non orignal. Arent they the after market fog lights fitted on jeeps, some SUV's and trucks?
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 23:00   #1633
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
The head lights seem non orignal. Arent they the after market fog lights fitted on jeeps, some SUV's and trucks?

Very good point said well i saw that but didn't want to state it.These actually look pulled off from a old jeep.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 6th September 2009 at 23:07.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 23:02   #1634
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,927
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Those wheel caps are also non original among a host of other items.

Its a well kept car by the looks of it but liberties have been taken in its preservation.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 23:08   #1635
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Those wheel caps are also non original among a host of other items.

Its a well kept car by the looks of it but liberties have been taken in its preservation.


yes both sides have different wheel caps.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Apps that help you with the purchase / servicing of cars Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 28 27th November 2016 19:13
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500 shailu Motorbikes 66 21st March 2016 23:29
Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 zaks Motorbikes 173 1st June 2015 18:19
what's the difference between a grey market purchase and a B&W purchase wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 99 3rd June 2009 16:54
Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? InternetUser Technical Stuff 11 15th January 2008 13:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks