Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 14:20   #1801
BHPian
 
TRANSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 548
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A Bentley LeMans replica is offered for sale in Delhi here

Buy New Bentley Eight LeMans 8 in New Delhi | CarTradeIndia.com

It may even be an offer to import one of these. Anybody know more about this?
The isnt in Delhi. considering the contact number on the advert is of UK, isnt it not permissable to import vintages?
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 15:41   #1802
BHPian
 
Samir Taheer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London & Pune
Posts: 371
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

+49 is actually the dialing code for Germany. Looks like it may be an offer to import. A quick google search on the name and the gentleman seems to have a few cars for sale.

Last edited by Samir Taheer : 14th October 2009 at 15:43.
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 16:07   #1803
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

It is indeed in germany. Will find out when he replies to my email as to how much is he after.
I reckon the car is based in the UK going by the number plate and will be worth a small fortune

Last edited by allana13 : 14th October 2009 at 16:21.
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 18:40   #1804
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,328
Thanked: 5,994 Times
Default

A nice Mercedes fintail is available here

Team-BHP Classifieds - MERCEDES BENZ W 110 190C (fintail) - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 19:15   #1805
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Karlji I beg to differ. Its no where near clean.

The Panel and door gaps are all uneven, the supposed "Factory restored" interior is shoddy, even the seat material is improper. Seats and Side panels are not in the least, even near factory standards. The inside door beedings are horrid and mostly missingThe dashboard is completely disfigured. The passenger side oblong air vent is missing. The glove box is made locally (the cover) and it is sacrilege to cut the dash to incorporate an ugly a/c grill.

Also cleverly the word fitted/converted DIESEL is omitted. The original "Mercedes" OM 616 is the diesel engine which did its duty in the W115 and the W123. In 82 Bajaj started manufacturing it in India to power their Trax and other vehicles. Im guessing its the Bajaj OM 616 powering this one. Its endorsed in the books so must have been there for a long time then.

Regarding the Star, indigenously made ones are available for as less as 80-100 bucks here.

On the whole not original as claimed. Sorry but true.

Last edited by V-16 : 14th October 2009 at 19:18.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 20:23   #1806
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,326
Thanked: 3,974 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Karlji I beg to differ. Its no where near clean.

The Panel and door gaps are all uneven, the supposed "Factory restored" interior is shoddy, even the seat material is improper. Seats and Side panels are not in the least, even near factory standards. The inside door beedings are horrid and mostly missingThe dashboard is completely disfigured. The passenger side oblong air vent is missing. The glove box is made locally (the cover) and it is sacrilege to cut the dash to incorporate an ugly a/c grill.

Also cleverly the word fitted/converted DIESEL is omitted. The original "Mercedes" OM 616 is the diesel engine which did its duty in the W115 and the W123. In 82 Bajaj started manufacturing it in India to power their Trax and other vehicles. Im guessing its the Bajaj OM 616 powering this one. Its endorsed in the books so must have been there for a long time then.

Regarding the Star, indigenously made ones are available for as less as 80-100 bucks here.

On the whole not original as claimed. Sorry but true.
The OM 616 made indigenously is a very crude engine, just maybe a notch above the Mahindra International tractor MD 2350 engine (used in jeeps of the 1970's extensively) in refinement.In the mid 1990's when the Sumo was introduced and when its sales started eclipsing the Trax, I asked a Sumo driver as to what difference the Sumo made to him? His simple reply was that he used to get tired driving the Trax all day long, whereas the Sumo conserved some stamina in him after long drives.
But apart from all that V 16, like your new avatar -the moving three pointed star!
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 22:11   #1807
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,139
Thanked: 685 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Karlji I beg to differ. Its no where near clean.

On the whole not original as claimed. Sorry but true.
100% correctly analysed V16. It is indeed becoming difficult to find a good unmolested fintail.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 09:28   #1808
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,328
Thanked: 5,994 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Karlji I beg to differ. Its no where near clean.
Dear Gogs,

I just said it was nice - everything you say is right about the car, and obviously needs more work. But I still think its nice. You just dont see an original clean fintail anymore, so we make do with what we find. Unless we go to Pritam
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 13:51   #1809
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A Bentley LeMans replica is offered for sale in Delhi here

Buy New Bentley Eight LeMans 8 in New Delhi | CarTradeIndia.com

It may even be an offer to import one of these. Anybody know more about this?

EMAIL from the seller........

SUPERSTRADA
the car is in Germany. The price is 280000 US$
Best Regards
Tony
tonyerker 9517 mettlen waldistr.5 switzerland
ph 0041 71 6331500, ph 0049 6742 897067
mob 0175 2467405
HR# CH-440.1.022.377-4, Kanton Thurgau

Last edited by allana13 : 15th October 2009 at 13:53.
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 09:53   #1810
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: pune
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Well maybe the jeep is not overly priced! Since I know of, a not so' original 'ford? jeep being sold in Hyderabad only six mths. ago for 18 lacs!!!!!!! The man qouted 20 for the jeep only because he did not want to sell! But the 'Bombay' buyer offered 18 and there was a very, very, quick handshake!!!!!!! So thats that for "PRICES"!
tipu taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 14:27   #1811
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipu taheer View Post
Well maybe the jeep is not overly priced! Since I know of, a not so' original 'ford? jeep being sold in Hyderabad only six mths. ago for 18 lacs!!!!!!! The man qouted 20 for the jeep only because he did not want to sell! But the 'Bombay' buyer offered 18 and there was a very, very, quick handshake!!!!!!! So thats that for "PRICES"!

Hi


Which jeep are you refering to about being over priced?
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 15:07   #1812
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,190
Thanked: 1,981 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Karlji I beg to differ. Its no where near clean.

The Panel and door gaps are all uneven, the supposed "Factory restored" interior is shoddy, even the seat material is improper. Seats and Side panels are not in the least, even near factory standards. The inside door beedings are horrid and mostly missingThe dashboard is completely disfigured. The passenger side oblong air vent is missing. The glove box is made locally (the cover) and it is sacrilege to cut the dash to incorporate an ugly a/c grill.

Also cleverly the word fitted/converted DIESEL is omitted. The original "Mercedes" OM 616 is the diesel engine which did its duty in the W115 and the W123. In 82 Bajaj started manufacturing it in India to power their Trax and other vehicles. Im guessing its the Bajaj OM 616 powering this one. Its endorsed in the books so must have been there for a long time then.

Regarding the Star, indigenously made ones are available for as less as 80-100 bucks here.

On the whole not original as claimed. Sorry but true.

Perfect answer gogs. My opinion is the same. This one is waay too buggered up to be considered a classic. Also, (here we go again) the price is too much for a car of this condition. I'd say about 70k for this.

Most 'diesel' mercs in kerala run on the local 'matador' OM616 engine. Driving around in it is sheer torture, and all the aura of the merc disappears within the first 5 second of starting it. its noisy, smoky and slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Dear Gogs,

I just said it was nice - everything you say is right about the car, and obviously needs more work. But I still think its nice. You just dont see an original clean fintail anymore, so we make do with what we find. Unless we go to Pritam
There is a very very original single owner 200D fintail for sale here. The price is a lil more than this car, but hey, its all orig atleast!

I did not put it up here coz i do not want to fight with people who have absolutely no intention of buying it!

Last edited by JayD : 16th October 2009 at 15:13.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 15:37   #1813
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,139
Thanked: 685 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
There is a very very original single owner 200D fintail for sale here. The price is a lil more than this car, but hey, its all orig atleast!
Hey Jayd are you sure its a 200D? I thought there were only 190D's in the fin type series.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 15:42   #1814
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Dear Gogs,

I just said it was nice - everything you say is right about the car, and obviously needs more work. But I still think its nice. You just dont see an original clean fintail anymore, so we make do with what we find. Unless we go to Pritam
Lol!! Not in a 1000000000000 years can i think of contradicting you Karlji. Was actually referring to the words "Factory Original" How some people misuse them. If the "Factory" guys were to see this car they would have a heart attack, amongst other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipu taheer View Post
Well maybe the jeep is not overly priced! Since I know of, a not so' original 'ford? jeep being sold in Hyderabad only six mths. ago for 18 lacs!!!!!!! The man qouted 20 for the jeep only because he did not want to sell! But the 'Bombay' buyer offered 18 and there was a very, very, quick handshake!!!!!!! So thats that for "PRICES"!
Frankly i find this hard to digest!! Not contradicting your statement Tipu, just not being able to come to terms with the whole deal.
Have been offered pristine examples for 1/3rd the price tag and found that way over too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I did not put it up here coz i do not want to fight with people who have absolutely no intention of buying it!
Lol!!


I wonder actually if the OM616 is an original Merc unit too but thats for the buyer to see. Caveat Emptor!! Who knows the seller may get some obscene price like the jeep above.


Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hey Jayd are you sure its a 200D? I thought there were only 190D's in the fin type series.
Amol, the Heckflosse was also available as a 200D from 65 onwards. I remember the owner of David's Garage in Worli who was my grandfather's friend (and thats where my cars would go back then) had a pristine ivory 200 W110.

Last edited by V-16 : 16th October 2009 at 16:00.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 15:49   #1815
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,336
Thanked: 875 Times
Default

there is a vw beetle for sale ad in chennai
found it on thewebsite.
here are the links
Vintage Beetle Vw For Sale In Chennai, chennai, India 2575917

video is here


this seems to be another example of mix and match of various models
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Apps that help you with the purchase / servicing of cars Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 28 27th November 2016 19:13
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500 shailu Motorbikes 66 21st March 2016 23:29
Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 zaks Motorbikes 173 1st June 2015 18:19
what's the difference between a grey market purchase and a B&W purchase wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 99 3rd June 2009 16:54
Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? InternetUser Technical Stuff 11 15th January 2008 13:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks