Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 20:42   #1936
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,336
Thanked: 874 Times
Default

air filter seems oreeginal,
where is the SU carburretor?
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 19:38   #1937
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,139
Thanked: 684 Times
Default

should not he metal window surrounds for the glass be chrome plated in the tourer?
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 20:21   #1938
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PATHANAMTHITTA
Posts: 180
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Traffikators not seen
kishorelal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 23:00   #1939
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,321
Thanked: 3,960 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
BTW sirji 118NE was not 1179 cc but it was 1171cc power plant
I stand corrected yes it was a 1171cc engine for the NE.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:41   #1940
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,816
Thanked: 2,927 Times
Default

The guy is asking 4L for that MM Tourer.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 10:46   #1941
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,359
Thanked: 524 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
air filter seems oreeginal,
where is the SU carburretor?
Ajay,

SU Carb is visible in one of the pictures.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 15:16   #1942
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rajkot
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Exclamation Vauhall Sedan 1950 model

Hi

I have a Vauhall Sedan 1950 model for sale.

Not in running condition but not as junk also,
its kept in good shape and color though.

Can anyone tell me where to put an ad for it.

Thank you
devjadeja83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 18:23   #1943
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,195
Thanked: 1,308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devjadeja83 View Post
Hi

I have a Vauhall Sedan 1950 model for sale.

Can anyone tell me where to put an ad for it.
AFAIK, this thread is appropriate enough.

BTW, I presume that your Vauxhall being a '50 model looks like this:

http://www.brook-classics.co.uk/images/velox2.jpg

Vauxhall Velox L-Type 1948 - 1951

Is your a Velox (6 cyl.) or Wyvern (4 cyl.)?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 18:32   #1944
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,736
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milindajp View Post
I have doubts about the year. By 1952, OHV came to the market, but from the image it seems it is having side valves. So, probably it is pre 1949. Though, the images of the engine is not very clear. Can we have more images of the engine.
All splitscreens had the sidevalve engine in them. If I'm not mistaken the sidevalve engine was produced for sometime even after the OHV was launched.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 09:54   #1945
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,336
Thanked: 874 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
All splitscreens had the sidevalve engine in them. If I'm not mistaken the sidevalve engine was produced for sometime even after the OHV was launched.
Sorry to say,your information is wrong.
single piece windscreen came only in 1956 and since 1953 OHV engine was there in morris minors
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 11:14   #1946
BHPian
 
milindajp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Highway
Posts: 162
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Sorry to say,your information is wrong.
single piece windscreen came only in 1956 and since 1953 OHV engine was there in morris minors
Hi Ajay99,
OHV officially comes from August 1952 and not from 1953. Even though, my Morris is having OHV and registered on 02.01.1952 and having split screen....

So, it may be possible that they have started the production on later part of 1951.

Thanks

Last edited by milindajp : 19th January 2010 at 11:20.
milindajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 13:32   #1947
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,336
Thanked: 874 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milindajp View Post
Hi Ajay99,
OHV officially comes from August 1952 and not from 1953. Even though, my Morris is having OHV and registered on 02.01.1952 and having split screen....

So, it may be possible that they have started the production on later part of 1951.

Thanks
I agree that the OHV engine started from August ,was introduced in August1952(from chassis number160001) first it was introduced in 4 door models.side valve engine still continued in some cars .
So your Morris either had an engine replacement or else your RC book may belong to another car .In those days especially in UK you cannot have unofficial production of OHV engines in lieu of sidevalve engines
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 14:30   #1948
BHPian
 
milindajp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Highway
Posts: 162
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
I agree that the OHV engine started from August ,was introduced in August1952(from chassis number160001) first it was introduced in 4 door models.side valve engine still continued in some cars .
So your Morris either had an engine replacement or else your RC book may belong to another car .In those days especially in UK you cannot have unofficial production of OHV engines in lieu of sidevalve engines

Neither it is having RC belong to other, nor the engine was replaced. We are also first got confused, but later this information I got from morris club uk.
milindajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 22:52   #1949
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,436 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
I agree that the OHV engine started from August ,was introduced in August1952(from chassis number160001) first it was introduced in 4 door models.side valve engine still continued in some cars .
So your Morris either had an engine replacement or else your RC book may belong to another car .In those days especially in UK you cannot have unofficial production of OHV engines in lieu of sidevalve engines
I dont think you can be rude to some car owners with such kind of postings, there's a saying " little or too much knowledge is dangerous"

Lets point out things with a debate point of view, kindly refrain from being rude.

If you had owned any vintages or classics you would have known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milindajp View Post
Neither it is having RC belong to other, nor the engine was replaced. We are also first got confused, but later this information I got from morris club uk.
With due respects, Yes i agree the UK club would be the Best to let you know the exact specifications for your car.

Sir can we have a look at your car on a different thread

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 19th January 2010 at 22:54.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 10:23   #1950
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,336
Thanked: 874 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I dont think you can be rude to some car owners with such kind of postings, there's a saying " little or too much knowledge is dangerous"

Lets point out things with a debate point of view, kindly refrain from being rude.

If you had owned any vintages or classics you would have known.



With due respects, Yes i agree the UK club would be the Best to let you know the exact specifications for your car.

Sir can we have a look at your car on a different thread

firstly I have not been rude to any owner,I have just explained the facts.
If I have stated anything wrong I have also corrected myself openly as one can see in this thread itself.
Regarding whether I have "owned" any "classic or vintages"" is irrelevant in this context.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Apps that help you with the purchase / servicing of cars Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 28 27th November 2016 19:13
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500 shailu Motorbikes 66 21st March 2016 23:29
Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 zaks Motorbikes 173 1st June 2015 18:19
what's the difference between a grey market purchase and a B&W purchase wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 99 3rd June 2009 16:54
Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? InternetUser Technical Stuff 11 15th January 2008 13:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks