Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 23:22   #2146
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,359
Thanked: 524 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Eeew.....!

Low bonnets never existed in 1952.

This one is contraptions of lots of mix and match of different jeeps. And even the engine swap. Sad wheels.

Unless he's selling it for less than 75K, its not worth the money.
A better one is for sale @ Old Madras Road & 100 feet road Junction in Bangalore Probably a willys. Try for pictures when I get back.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 23:25   #2147
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,321
Thanked: 3,960 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Eeew.....!

Low bonnets never existed in 1952.

This one is contraptions of lots of mix and match of different jeeps. And even the engine swap. Sad wheels.

Unless he's selling it for less than 75K, its not worth the money.
Low bonnets Willys') were indeed being made in 1952. please check this link:

1952 Willys Jeeps - Google Search
As regards the parts swap , yes these are facts.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 14:54   #2148
BHPian
 
wartikars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 166
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
This 1952 low bonnet Jeep (is it a Ford?) with some exterior mod jobs and powered by the ISZ 1800 petrol engine is available for sale at Nagpur.
The seller is my mechanic, who is also a garage owner.I am not aware of the finer details which he may be able to tell better.
I can pm his number and email id to anyone interested.
If it is Babubhai (the guy who has a pillarless black Impala), then better beware. I have got an information that he sell restored beauties with lots of alterations but charges the sum for an original classic. Does anyone have anyother feedback?
wartikars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 19:16   #2149
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,321
Thanked: 3,960 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post
If it is Babubhai (the guy who has a pillarless black Impala), then better beware. I have got an information that he sell restored beauties with lots of alterations but charges the sum for an original classic. Does anyone have anyother feedback?
True its Babubhai. But we are all independent thinking and matured people with an idea of the market.If the price is not upto our liking we can always negotiate to bring it down to the realistic level or else reject the offer.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 17:35   #2150
BHPian
 
SPEEDY_RACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 377
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
A better one is for sale @ Old Madras Road & 100 feet road Junction in Bangalore Probably a willys. Try for pictures when I get back.

i have been there, that guy tells that all the engine swaps and it has moved from LHD to RHD.

and he is quoating 3.5 Lakh
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 17:09   #2151
BHPian
 
CarCzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I have come across few cars depending on the condition mostly original and working.
Buick Super 8 20 to 40 lakhs
Chevy 1970 1 to 4 lakhs
Austin 7 1938 10 lakhs (had been in vintage rallies)
Morris Minor convertable 3 to 4 lakhs
VW Rabbit 1 to 4 lakhs
CarCzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 19:10   #2152
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Are these for sale ????

Will be intrested to see pics of the VW......
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 19:14   #2153
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: BLR - VU3BLR
Posts: 82
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Cars for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCzar View Post
I have come across few cars depending on the condition mostly original and working.
Buick Super 8 20 to 40 lakhs
Chevy 1970 1 to 4 lakhs
Austin 7 1938 10 lakhs (had been in vintage rallies)
Morris Minor convertable 3 to 4 lakhs
VW Rabbit 1 to 4 lakhs
I would like get more information on these cars. I might be interested once the condition, year, price, etc. is ascertained. Please send me the details.
Srivathsa_Satya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 19:24   #2154
BHPian
 
ferrariKSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: hyderabad/riyadh
Posts: 148
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCzar View Post
I have come across few cars depending on the condition mostly original and working.
Buick Super 8 20 to 40 lakhs
Chevy 1970 1 to 4 lakhs
Austin 7 1938 10 lakhs (had been in vintage rallies)
Morris Minor convertable 3 to 4 lakhs
VW Rabbit 1 to 4 lakhs
Nice to hear that.
Are the cars available in HYD. Can you share some more info plz.
ferrariKSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:13   #2155
BHPian
 
wartikars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 166
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
True its Babubhai. But we are all independent thinking and matured people with an idea of the market.If the price is not upto our liking we can always negotiate to bring it down to the realistic level or else reject the offer.
but as a fellow Team-BHPian, I thought to caution our friends. Thats the reason I had asked if anyone has any feedback.
wartikars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:57   #2156
BHPian
 
layzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 39
Thanked: Once
Default

members looking out for Lamby or lambretta Chasis , Quiet sure they should be one just lying around at some members place ,
as found a lambretta which is in two halves would like to restore it so looking out for one .Do let me know or some source .
layzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:37   #2157
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Anjan the Jeep looks like similar to being a Dhabwali/Mayapuri job. In 1952 MBs were not made. (by MB i am referring to the sunk in style of headlamps and parking BO lamps) as is shown in this one. Its probably an early Willy's CJ as MBs were not made during 50s. also the Ford did not make any other Jeep than the MB type as shown. Maybe this is a Ford, but then its not a 1952 certainly as in 1950's there was no Ford.

Better leave it. its a Kitsch Jeep.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:29   #2158
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,321
Thanked: 3,960 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Anjan the Jeep looks like similar to being a Dhabwali/Mayapuri job. In 1952 MBs were not made. (by MB i am referring to the sunk in style of headlamps and parking BO lamps) as is shown in this one. Its probably an early Willy's CJ as MBs were not made during 50s. also the Ford did not make any other Jeep than the MB type as shown. Maybe this is a Ford, but then its not a 1952 certainly as in 1950's there was no Ford.
Better leave it. its a Kitsch Jeep.
Thanks for the feedback.Moreover its fitted with an Isuzu 1800 petrol engine.Maybe its Ok for someone who likes to freak out with such jeeps but not for true blue vintage/classic lovers like us.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 11:16   #2159
BHPian
 
Perak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 51
Thanked: 11 Times
Default 1942 to 1944-45 Ford GPW

Gogi Bhai,

This one is a 1942 to 1944-45 Ford GPW. That's because only wartime Ford GPWs and Willys MBs had recessed headlamps. The major difference between the GPW and MB was the front cross member. While the MB had a circular pipe, the GPW had a rectangular cross member. The pictures clearly show a rectangular cross member.

This is not a CJ because of the recessed headlamps and also CJs didn't have a glove compartment on the dash. Also the CJs had a tail gate.
The basic difference between the WWII Fords and Willys engines and the post war Willys engine was the use of timing chain in the former while the post war civilian models had timing gears.

Inspite of the rims and engine, this GPW is not a bad deal for 75k, as suggested by Pavan Kadam, because the original side valve engine would cost around 50k and keeping aside another 75k for other works, the restored GPW would cost around 2L, which I think is reasonable.

BTW the radiator on this is also not genuine. The Ford script on windscreen and grill is also after market as the US Army regulations forbade the use of any external markings. Some initial models had the script but these are very rare.

Regards
Perak
Perak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 19:22   #2160
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Guys there is a standard Herald and i presume it is for sale as it is standing with a dealer in Bombay. Shall get the details and the pictures when i go there next.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Apps that help you with the purchase / servicing of cars Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 28 27th November 2016 19:13
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500 shailu Motorbikes 66 21st March 2016 23:29
Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 zaks Motorbikes 173 1st June 2015 18:19
what's the difference between a grey market purchase and a B&W purchase wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 99 3rd June 2009 16:54
Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? InternetUser Technical Stuff 11 15th January 2008 13:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks