Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 15:43   #2896
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Found this Guy Selling a BSA in OLX.in.

Vintage and Classic automobiles for sale. 1952 BSA 2B31. 350cc, OHV, single cylinder - Delhi - Everything Else - customized enfield

Further He has given link to his album on flickr. he seems have many many bikes and cars up for sale and he also sells parts too.

Flickr: Vintage Auto World (Rohan Nino Puri)'s Photostream

Very well known among people in Delhi for his extremely high prices. Most of the cars and Two wheelers advertised are also not his own to sell. They are for sale but he's a middle man. Also exports two wheelers.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 18:41   #2897
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune,
Posts: 427
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Here is a Beetle for sale. Price looks interesting for the condition as stated. But no contact no or email id is given and from the no. people asking for some details it appears that the person who has posted it refuses to reply.

old vw beetle for sale in india - Belgaum - Cars - goa
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 19:18   #2898
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,326
Thanked: 3,972 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

About the VW Beetle (1962) for a mere Rs 85 K, it seems Utopian. Another advertisement from Utopia here:
Classic Cars available for purchase-scan0020.jpg
This is from a 1995 Auto India issue.
Mean to say how the prices have skyrocketed in just 16 years? The 1935 Austin 8 at Rs 25 K is unbelievable!
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 19:42   #2899
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,337
Thanked: 875 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
About the VW Beetle (1962) for a mere Rs 85 K, it seems Utopian. Another advertisement from Utopia here:
Attachment 518226
This is from a 1995 Auto India issue.
Mean to say how the prices have skyrocketed in just 16 years? The 1935 Austin 8 at Rs 25 K is unbelievable!
the beetle advertisement in all probability is a fake advertisement because.
I can say something about the 1948 Riley ad you see in the last post.
Note that seller has said ""HIGH BUDGET BUYERS"" only .About 10 years ago he was asking Rs.6lakhs for that riley which was having an ambassador engine and gear box!!!
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 20:38   #2900
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune,
Posts: 427
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
the beetle advertisement in all probability is a fake advertisement because.
because what? Ajay, do clarify and complete the sentence.
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 20:46   #2901
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,337
Thanked: 875 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
because what? Ajay, do clarify and complete the sentence.
Because there is no phone number,contact details or photos.In the present market it is very unlikely you can see a beetle being quoted at that price.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 23:15   #2902
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 301
Thanked: 163 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Why not ? do you have an idea of how much a Lambretta Li can be picked up for , for 6k my dear friend , i picked one up yesterday . It is a 62 model with upto date papers and best of all the engine runs. A similiar condition vehicle is advertised for 27k in our classifieds

Please do not go by prices which are quoted in Tbhp as a benchmark, especially for beetles, Dukkar Fiats and other "modern Classics". As frankly speaking a lot of these prices are merely "quoted" ones and have no relevance to the price that the car will actually fetch on the market.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Because there is no phone number,contact details or photos.In the present market it is very unlikely you can see a beetle being quoted at that price.
wbd8779 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 07:04   #2903
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,201
Thanked: 818 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Please do not go by prices which are quoted in Tbhp as a benchmark, especially for beetles, Dukkar Fiats and other "modern Classics". As frankly speaking a lot of these prices are merely "quoted" ones and have no relevance to the price that the car will actually fetch on the market.
So true , I agree to this fully . I have discussed this with so many BHPians & the conclusion is these are at least 30 % over priced .

It is so sad ,it doesn't go very well with the BHP's image

People think they have gold mines & they can cash on it exorbitantly . for example a Yezdi 96 was Quoted 50 k . have a look at lambrettas etc you can find a similar story

Quoting high price can be a filter though , I have tried that with my Land Master , many inquiry masters do go away . That time I expected a counter offer from them but they simply didn't .

I have been so discouraged by these ads that I decline to recommend those to friends , because so many times it is found out that the sellers are stubborn & no way they are ready for a reasonable price


Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 10:57   #2904
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,337
Thanked: 875 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Why not ? do you have an idea of how much a Lambretta Li can be picked up for , for 6k my dear friend , i picked one up yesterday . It is a 62 model with upto date papers and best of all the engine runs. A similiar condition vehicle is advertised for 27k in our classifieds

Please do not go by prices which are quoted in Tbhp as a benchmark, especially for beetles, Dukkar Fiats and other "modern Classics". As frankly speaking a lot of these prices are merely "quoted" ones and have no relevance to the price that the car will actually fetch on the market.
While i fully endorse the second part of your post, please understand that I dont ever consider the prices quoted on any classified ads in the net or newspaper as a benchmark and have always maintained that the prices quoted are several times the market value in case of many cars like
fiat,landmaster,herald etc. One has take into account the prices at which cars have actually changed hands.of course there can be regional variations in prices.
But I can say with confidence,it is highly unlikely you can get a running beetle with papers for Rs.85000/- .if it was so ,that car would have got sold then and there.I know of at least half a dozen people in Kerala who are ready to buy a running beetle in any condition (with papers) for 1.5lakhs.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 12:08   #2905
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 599 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
But I can say with confidence,it is highly unlikely you can get a running beetle with papers for Rs.85000/- .if it was so ,that car would have got sold then and there.I know of at least half a dozen people in Kerala who are ready to buy a running beetle in any condition (with papers) for 1.5lakhs.
They are available. Ask the hoarders.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 20:21   #2906
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,337
Thanked: 875 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Mercedes Benz 200D 1969 VINTAGE car for sale - Pune - Cars - ahmednagar,maharashtra
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 20:24   #2907
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 301
Thanked: 163 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Yes i agree with Spitfie, The cars are available.

Let me illustrate a scanario.

A couple of years back i bought a RD350 for 7000 , sold it last year for 25k, now the guy who bought it is selling for 1 lac , though he has invested only 25 last year , when i asked him the reasoning for the exorbitant price he said that i also earned almost 3 times of what i had invested, so he wants 1 lac.

The same holds true for beetles also , the broker/collector who bought it for 50k a few years ago just wants a fat profit for the same , no way does that reflect actual market rates,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
They are available. Ask the hoarders.
wbd8779 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 20:30   #2908
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,337
Thanked: 875 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Yes i agree with Spitfie, The cars are available.

Let me illustrate a scanario.

A couple of years back i bought a RD350 for 7000 , sold it last year for 25k, now the guy who bought it is selling for 1 lac , though he has invested only 25 last year , when i asked him the reasoning for the exorbitant price he said that i also earned almost 3 times of what i had invested, so he wants 1 lac.

The same holds true for beetles also , the broker/collector who bought it for 50k a few years ago just wants a fat profit for the same , no way does that reflect actual market rates,
You say the cars are available, but where?? maybe in some remote corner where there is no internet access and the owner just wants to free space.By the way you have mentioned that it does not reflect market rates ,agreed, then can you please tell what is '' market rate''
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 21:23   #2909
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 599 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
You say the cars are available, but where??
With genuine owners. They are everywhere. I know of a nice classic available for a good price. But the price is only for me. I don't have the money or the interest (in that order) so I let it pass. 3 weeks on the owner says he does not want to sell.

Owners who look at their cars as gold mines in rust buckets are no much better then the hoarders.

You say there are people in Kerala with 1.5 lakhs for a Beetle. How much will they sell it if they have to? At the same price that they got it for or what they want out of it?

Questions with no answers really.

Vintage car business has attracted the big bucks its no longer an enthusiasts domain. It now needs deep pockets.

Quote:
By the way you have mentioned that it does not reflect market rates ,agreed, then can you please tell what is '' market rate''
We have a whole thread on "market price".
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 21:38   #2910
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,846
Thanked: 3,213 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Vintage car business has attracted the big bucks its no longer an enthusiasts domain. It now needs deep pockets.
Let me add another angle

Other day I over heard a Bangalore broker when someone was asking him why is does not offer cars he has identified locally first? He reply was he will earn pittance in the form of commission only. On the other hand if he sell to the West or North he is able add his margins over his commission. Lot of the deals are done based on photographs as there is a mad rush to close the deal before some one else buys it. Thus the price get jacked up

This is one major reason why so few cars remain in Bangalore.

Cheers
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Apps that help you with the purchase / servicing of cars Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 28 27th November 2016 19:13
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500 shailu Motorbikes 66 21st March 2016 23:29
Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 zaks Motorbikes 173 1st June 2015 18:19
what's the difference between a grey market purchase and a B&W purchase wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 99 3rd June 2009 16:54
Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? InternetUser Technical Stuff 11 15th January 2008 13:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks