Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2012, 16:48   #3571
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 224
Thanked: 143 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

A nice Morris
http://coimbatore.olx.in/morris-mino...-iid-437097339
car love is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 22:52   #3572
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: bangalore
Posts: 191
Thanked: 371 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Looks quite lovely, does have a few small extra features, but overall looks fantastic. I hope my car ends up half as nice. I love the colour too.

regards,

Srinand.
srinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2012, 05:27   #3573
Newbie
 
avisankhla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jodhpur / Los Angeles
Posts: 6
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Ford Prefect 1948 (E493A) - For Sale

Re-posting :

For Sale : Ford Prefect 1948. The car is in running condition and I drive it whenever I visit Jodhpur. It needs just basic servicing, fill some petrol and air in the tyres and you are set to go. Paint job and upholstery was recently done. The car is garaged in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.

If interested, please email me with questions and your best offer (Expecting approx. 4 lakhs+).OBO. Email : avi.sankhla@gmail.com

Chassis Number : C338280
Engine Number : C338280
Unladen Weight : 837 Kg.
Cylinders : 4 cylinder
Engine : 1172 cc side valve engine
Horsepower : 30 bhp
Registered in Jun 1950 - Pune Registration
Model & Year : Ford Prefect 1948 ( E493A )
Tax Paid upto : 2004
Suspension :Beam front axle, transverse semi-elliptic leaf springs front and rear.
Electric System : Converted to 12 V ( Original was 6 Volts )

I have attached some pictures with this post.

Thanks,
Avi
Attached Images
          
avisankhla is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 21:32   #3574
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 46 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Hi All,

A friend of mine has 2 cars for sale one a 1939 Morris-10 single owner in original condition he is expecting 5lks for it & a 1954 Morris Tiger(I am not sure of it) expecting 1.25lks. Anyone interested can contact him @ 9849045111
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-023.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-025.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-024.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-026.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-027.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-028.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-029.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc_7561.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc_7565.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc_7568.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-022.jpg  

Attached Images
    
jagadeesh.b is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 15:11   #3575
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,338
Thanked: 875 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

VW beetle LHD for sale in Hyderabad.
http://hyderabad.olx.in/vintage-bugg...-iid-465092703

cannot understand what he means by the statement"' parts were custom made for this car""!!!
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 19:41   #3576
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,338
Thanked: 875 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Another one from hyderabad this time a HOLDEN
http://hyderabad.olx.in/premier-hold...-iid-464587826
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 10:16   #3577
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune,
Posts: 427
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
VW beetle LHD for sale in Hyderabad.
http://hyderabad.olx.in/vintage-bugg...-iid-465092703

cannot understand what he means by the statement"' parts were custom made for this car""!!!
He has quoted a sensible price though.

here is another one.. but questionable about the model year posted and what is visible.

http://kollam.olx.in/volkswagen-supe...-iid-460022953
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 14:52   #3578
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
oho so this has landed up in bombay. it used to be parked in a house in mysore for a number of years. never saw it used. i know the then owner of the car and he told me he had some probs with the twin cam engine of the car and was running it for sometime with a gypsy engine. he must have transplanted the original one back. its not worth 12 lakhs in this condition. its a spyder version if im not mistaken,
Sorry it is a lie to write that I mentioned this car had a twin cam engine. The twin cam engine came on the Oscar version. Appreciate if you would correct your remarks on my car. Please stick to the truth and facts. It would be misleading to other members when you tell lies.
oldisgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 15:11   #3579
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Owner told me she needs to be painted and some mechanical work, all trim is in place but the way she is parked tells me a lot of trim & interior is &#@"@$. also as Ajmat stated the front grill etc seems not authentic trim wise seems indegenised

He told me it has the original engine and the car is still with the same guy in Mysore I spoke to him today. The guy was very keen to know who was my local Mysore (to check it out) guy was which kinda explains the engine swap mentioned above as the guy fears history will be out

Wasif to answere you question I think I would peg it with what Ajmat stated that to intact which this car is not so I say less in the current state ( take out some value from the 3-4 lacs figure). BUT if the car was Indian Show Worthy = like she was intact with good paint I would go to 6 at best. That too is subjective I have still to see a showworthy one, even the Mumbai one now orange too is no great shakes, infact frame is misalligned if you ask me. The bangelore one shown else where in tbhp falls into a good car category with potential to become International Show worthy standards

My defination of international show worthy or car above 6 lacs is a red pagoda SL in bandra pali - I have seen this car inside out every single piece is either replaced or refurbished to orignal spec (i heard it went out of india for rebuild but doubt it, I think everything was shipped in work done in india) I mean the real deal of what one would see anywhere in the first world (please note SL is just an example for type of restoration often heavily diluted or piggy backed by mee toos on this forum and not its value)
As you say you have mentioned that I told you the car has the original engine, so why would I be scared or fearful to let anyone know that I have the original engine back on the car. If I have asked you who your contact is , it is only to know who would be coming to see the car. For your info I get the work done on my car at my place so if you are thinking of any history that I am be hiding that will be known to your contact you are mistaken.
Comment on the car after you see it. What is the symbols you have mentioned with regard to the interior. This for a guy who hasn't seen the car to comment on the interiors, I find it in real bad taste.
oldisgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 15:50   #3580
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: coorg/bombay
Posts: 294
Thanked: 104 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldisgold View Post
Sorry it is a lie to write that I mentioned this car had a twin cam engine. The twin cam engine came on the Oscar version. Appreciate if you would correct your remarks on my car. Please stick to the truth and facts. It would be misleading to other members when you tell lies.
err..this was parked on kd road opp video tech right,? and if you say thats your car then i spoke to you, so i dont have any cause to lie about this car , lets put it like this, when i saw this car it was not running the original engine an the 'then' owner told me that it was swapped with a gypsy unit till the original was fixed, an not i do not have any issues with my memory in case youre wondering.
howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 16:18   #3581
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
err..this was parked on kd road opp video tech right,? and if you say thats your car then i spoke to you, so i dont have any cause to lie about this car , lets put it like this, when i saw this car it was not running the original engine an the 'then' owner told me that it was swapped with a gypsy unit till the original was fixed, an not i do not have any issues with my memory in case youre wondering.
Never have I mentioned that this car has a "twin cam engine" because this car never came with one. So that's where you have gone away from the facts. You can put it whichever way you want but tell the truth.
I have had this car for about 7 years now, and I have never told anyone that this car has a twin cam engine, it's something that you have picked from elsewhere and you have quoted me saying that I mentioned it has a twin cam engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldisgold View Post
Sorry it is a lie to write that I mentioned this car had a twin cam engine. The twin cam engine came on the Oscar version. Appreciate if you would correct your remarks on my car. Please stick to the truth and facts. It would be misleading to other members when you tell lies.
Should read OSCA and not oscar

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th December 2012 at 17:06. Reason: Back to back posts.
oldisgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 17:10   #3582
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: coorg/bombay
Posts: 294
Thanked: 104 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldisgold View Post
Never have I mentioned that this car has a "twin cam engine" because this car never came with one. So that's where you have gone away from the facts. You can put it whichever way you want but tell the truth.
I have had this car for about 7 years now, and I have never told anyone that this car has a twin cam engine, it's something that you have picked from elsewhere and you have quoted me saying that I mentioned it has a twin cam engine.
Understand this: I have no cause to lie about the car, and the topic of interest is more about it running a non original engine and not what type of engine it came with. I think that that has been verified by a couple of people already. I merely stated what was told to me by the person who apparently owned it then. I am not detracting from my statement that I made earlier. End of the day its your car and all the best selling it.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise English for the benefit of other community members.

Thanks!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 18th December 2012 at 10:51. Reason: See note
howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 17:54   #3583
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldisgold View Post
Sorry it is a lie to write that I mentioned this car had a twin cam engine. The twin cam engine came on the Oscar version. Appreciate if you would correct your remarks on my car. Please stick to the truth and facts. It would be misleading to other members when you tell lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
Understand this: i have no cause to lie about the car, and the topic of interest is more about it runnin a non original engine and not what type of engine it came with. I think that that has been verified by a couple of ppl already. I merely stated what was told to me by the person who apparently owned it then. I am not detracting from my statement that i made earlier. End of the day its your car an all the best selling it,
I have always had the car in Mysore so you are lying if you say that I told you that it had a twin cam engine. This is a forum on classic cars and for you to misrepresent the facts on a car is misleading. Next someone would come to me saying that this car has a twin cam engine and that would be thanks to your comments.
oldisgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 11:07   #3584
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: coorg/bombay
Posts: 294
Thanked: 104 Times
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldisgold View Post
I have always had the car in Mysore so you are lying if you say that I told you that it had a twin cam engine. This is a forum on classic cars and for you to misrepresent the facts on a car is misleading. Next someone would come to me saying that this car has a twin cam engine and that would be thanks to your comments.
the irony is that you seem to be obsessed with that word: "lying" anyways like they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Car should have sold itself by now?
Mods: apologies if this statement is inappropriate, thats not the intention. I am not a complete noob when it comes to cars and i sure don't have an issue with my memory.
howler is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 11:30   #3585
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
the irony is that you seem to be obsessed with that word: "lying" anyways like they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Car should have sold itself by now?
Mods: apologies if this statement is inappropriate, thats not the intention. I am not a complete noob when it comes to cars and i sure don't have an issue with my memory.
The fact of the matter you have lied. For you to say whatever you feel like and say that I said it is utter rubbish. You can call yourself whatever you like "noob" but doesn't change the fact that you have misrepresented the facts and in all decency it would be nice that you correct yourself. This is a thread on the whereabouts of classic cars and for you to misrepresent facts on the car is just misguiding people. You are not a help to people rather you confuse them. If you know a little about this car you would have known that this model of car didn't come with a twin cam engine - only the 1500 OSCA. Unfortunately for you I was the person you say you talked to then and I can bring out the truth.
oldisgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Apps that help you with the purchase / servicing of cars Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 28 27th November 2016 19:13
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500 shailu Motorbikes 66 21st March 2016 23:29
Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 zaks Motorbikes 173 1st June 2015 18:19
what's the difference between a grey market purchase and a B&W purchase wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 99 3rd June 2009 16:54
Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? InternetUser Technical Stuff 11 15th January 2008 13:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks