Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2008, 00:10   #421
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,436 Times
Default

sTANHER ,
thats what i meant.

Get the fitness done and all lapsed taxes paid and obtain the NOC at the place where the car is presently situated and in the previous owners name.

Later obtain the NOC and get the car transported over to where you stay.

You might have to spend a bit extra, But all this only if the mentioned car is "THAT DAMN GOOD".

I know how tempting all this can get, I like the way you remain calm in such situations.

Best of luck...
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 00:17   #422
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,190
Thanked: 1,981 Times
Default

@Stanher, Any updates on the herald??
JayD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 02:50   #423
BHPian
 
bluestraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ
Posts: 117
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

If stanher decides not to buy this car I would be interested. However my case is going to be very complicated since I currently do not reside in India. If someone can help me from this forum, I would be very interested provided stanher decides not to go for the car.
bluestraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 09:14   #424
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,196
Thanked: 1,309 Times
Default

Iam very much keen on buying the car. Only thing as I said, is the fitness. If it is expired as he said, then the road tax also may be pending. Which would make it impossible for me to get the car down.

And I still require someone's help to go take a look at the car in the 'flesh' before I buy it.
'got a call from Ishaan yesterday. He happens to be going out of town these 2 days & Jaipur is a day's journey for him, yet he said he'd surely try & help me out.

I ask again- any bhpians from Jaipur/Rajasthan??
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 17:12   #425
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,196
Thanked: 1,309 Times
Default

@ bluestraveller,
If your equally keen on going for this car your welcome to it! I dont mind a little competition!
Nor do I want to be like a hindrance to you.
But as your out of India, you'd need to be all the more careful about the fitness/taxes etc.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 20:58   #426
BHPian
 
bluestraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ
Posts: 117
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
@ bluestraveller,
If your equally keen on going for this car your welcome to it! I dont mind a little competition!
Nor do I want to be like a hindrance to you.
But as your out of India, you'd need to be all the more careful about the fitness/taxes etc.
I cannot go ahead unless someone can help me. I have no idea on how to transport the vehicle back to Bangalore and other various issues like how do I trust the guy if I send money directly to him, Correct papers etc. Moreover I have troubled my parents enough this past month about starting a classic car collection .
Competition yes!, hindrance NO!...I would urge you to follow this as my chances of knowing anybody in Jaipur is almost zero. If any Team BHP member can help stanher or me it is possible.
bluestraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 21:45   #427
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,196
Thanked: 1,309 Times
Default

Well ok.....'spoke again to the owner & to Ishaan this evening....turns out he lives in Delhi (although his family & the car are based in Jaipur) so he could get in touch with Ishaan/Delhi bhpians & it would be easier for me if I were to buy the car.
Luckily he says there are no taxes pending, and fitness expired in 2007, so I'll be just lucky as the rule here is that if the fitness on an out-of-state car is invalid for over 5 years there is a penalty of 4-5k for re-fitness even though the car could be transferred here!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 12:13   #428
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N Delhi/Pune/Kolkata/Schwarzenfeld
Posts: 884
Thanked: 273 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Well ok.....'spoke again to the owner & to Ishaan this evening....turns out he lives in Delhi (although his family & the car are based in Jaipur) so he could get in touch with Ishaan/Delhi bhpians & it would be easier for me if I were to buy the car.
Luckily he says there are no taxes pending, and fitness expired in 2007, so I'll be just lucky as the rule here is that if the fitness on an out-of-state car is invalid for over 5 years there is a penalty of 4-5k for re-fitness even though the car could be transferred here!
Stanher, you're most welcome to let me know if I could do anything. Like, talk to the seller as he's in Delhi too. He shares my surname (but is not related). I could talk to him in the lingo, if that'd help (although in financial matters people sometimes get selective amnesia too!). But, please be sure of your intent to buy, if I were to approach the seller, since you have most details already. Ishaan and I could team up, would be an opportunity to make Ishaan's acquaintance too.

I know of at least one Delhi-based dealer in the fray (Pg3 calls him a collector), so you can be sure of quite a pack on the prowl out there, hounding the good doctor.

Wish he'd advertised a month earlier. I'd gone to Jaipur on 3rd March and could have taken a look then.

By the way, if you do make the purchase, and I hope you do, how do you plan to transport her to Hyderabad?

This ain't altruism - I have my eyes on the manual! Could I have a photocopy . In any case, I have a very nice workshop manual of the Heralds, will share that with you, none the less.

Cheers,

Prabal
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 20:01   #429
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,196
Thanked: 1,309 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Stanher, you're most welcome to let me know if I could do anything. Like, talk to the seller as he's in Delhi too. He shares my surname (but is not related). I could talk to him in the lingo, if that'd help (although in financial matters people sometimes get selective amnesia too!). But, please be sure of your intent to buy, if I were to approach the seller, since you have most details already. Ishaan and I could team up, would be an opportunity to make Ishaan's acquaintance too.
Many thanks, Prabal babu!
As for my intent to buy, make no doubts about it! I'm dead sure! Only waiting for the owner to revert with the info. regarding issuing of NOC at his RTO despite the expired fitness.

Quote:
I know of at least one Delhi-based dealer in the fray (Pg3 calls him a collector), so you can be sure of quite a pack on the prowl out there, hounding the good doctor.
I did suspect something as such!
Good doctor he does sound like. But maybe didnt want to sound too good so he refuses to negotiate on the price!

Quote:
By the way, if you do make the purchase, and I hope you do, how do you plan to transport her to Hyderabad?
Thats what I'm racking my brains on! Should I have the car packed off at jaipur itself or since he lives in delhi should I have him drive it down to Delhi & then have it sent from there (where it'll also be feasible for you/Ishan et al to check on it & see that its sent safely)

Quote:
This ain't altruism - I have my eyes on the manual! Could I have a photocopy . In any case, I have a very nice workshop manual of the Heralds, will share that with you, none the less.
Sure! Your as welcome to having one as I'm to having copies of your manuals!
Actually to be honest this is the main reason why I decided to take the plunge for this car! VERY rare to find a Herald with an original madras factory manual.
Are yours imported Triumph ones or Standard ones btw?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 15:32   #430
BHPian
 
suren181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 847
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

The following vehicle (need help in identification of model) would be up in an auction soon. Was informed that this is the original paint sadly though with a diesel engine retrofitted.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-img00299.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00300.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00301.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img00302a.jpg  

suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 15:37   #431
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,196
Thanked: 1,309 Times
Default

Suren, its a Willys Station wagon.
Hey I know this vehicle- its owned by Osmania University, have seen it often, infact saw it going past me only yesterday as I was passing thru OU campus!
'didnt know its for sale!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 15:44   #432
BHPian
 
Hemanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mysore
Posts: 191
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

This is Willys station Wagon,I have seen them during my schooldays in Mangalore, Puttur and Madikeri.
Hemanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 15:48   #433
BHPian
 
suren181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 847
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Yes Shyam it is coming up for sale could PM you the contact number of the person if needed and hey while your at it could you or someone else help me in identifying the following which has had an attempt at a resto and then seems to have been left to rust. Thankfully rust hasn't set in yet and maybe could find the owner and attempt a save as you would normally do at the SVCA
Attached Images
 
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 15:54   #434
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Looks like a Fiat 1800.
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 15:56   #435
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,190
Thanked: 1,981 Times
Default

The blue jeep looks like a '60 Willys overland wagoneer to me.
The white car looks like a Fiat 1800
JayD is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Apps that help you with the purchase / servicing of cars Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 28 27th November 2016 19:13
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500 shailu Motorbikes 66 21st March 2016 23:29
Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 zaks Motorbikes 173 1st June 2015 18:19
what's the difference between a grey market purchase and a B&W purchase wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 99 3rd June 2009 16:54
Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? InternetUser Technical Stuff 11 15th January 2008 13:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks