Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2008, 22:55   #856
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,190
Thanked: 1,981 Times
Default

I know its pointless now, but can u pls tell us what was the asking price for these beauties?? Its just to get an idea of prices then.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 22:59   #857
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,802
Thanked: 203 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
If wishes were horses, we could ride them ??

Stop dreaming and come to reality.

Some of us old timers, had the best of bikes and cars offered at prices which at the time sounded absurd or we never bought it for various reasons. It is an endless debate.
Cut to Team-BHP circa 2018 AD. We'll be saying the same things about good ol' fiat 1100s and standard pennants, to hapless newbies who'll then be struggling with restorations of 1984 Marutis. He he !!
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 23:02   #858
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,190
Thanked: 1,981 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Cut to Team-BHP circa 2018 AD. We'll be saying the same things about good ol' fiat 1100s and standard pennants, to hapless newbies who'll then be struggling with restorations of 1984 Marutis. He he !!
Try doing one now, sourcing the right parts is already quite difficult, infact its easier to source parts for a Landmaster/fiat etc Restoring it in N.O.S standard is another thing. How do i know? I Just did mine!

Last edited by JayD : 9th November 2008 at 23:03.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 23:12   #859
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,802
Thanked: 203 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Try doing one now, sourcing the right parts is already quite difficult, infact its easier to source parts for a Landmaster/fiat etc Restoring it in N.O.S standard is another thing. How do i know? I Just did mine!
Wow Jay, pictures please !!
BTW the original maruti 800 now deserves place in the "Vintage Cars and Classics" section, what say guys ? They've already started to look nice and retro.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 23:17   #860
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,190
Thanked: 1,981 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Wow Jay, pictures please !!
BTW the original maruti 800 now deserves place in the "Vintage Cars and Classics" section, what say guys ? They've already started to look nice and retro.
Will put them up tomorrow SS! Even i feel it deserves a place in the vintage and classic section, what say??
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 23:22   #861
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,802
Thanked: 203 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Will put them up tomorrow SS! Even i feel it deserves a place in the vintage and classic section, what say??
Create a new thread, and see how fellow 800 owners gather like bees to honey !!
Mods, shall we hereonwards pronounce the (old) 800 a Classic ?
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 23:54   #862
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,195
Thanked: 1,308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Create a new thread, and see how fellow 800 owners gather like bees to honey !!
Mods, shall we hereonwards pronounce the (old) 800 a Classic ?
I hope that isnt going to make my repeated attempts to acquire one all the more difficult! :P
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 09:50   #863
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,322
Thanked: 5,975 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
This was offered to me a few years ago. Probably Mr. Harit would be able to throw more light on its present existence ?
I think this was advertised for sale by Solanki for a long time. It was also featured with a Miata on BSmotoring, the pics are on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
This car was either in Coimbatore or somewhere in Kerala ? The pictures were sent at that time as it was for sale . Not sure about its present exsistence ?
It is presently with Nitin Dossa. Here she is in 2005 at a Pune rally. I remember Dossa saying in an interview that the car had some consulate/diplomatic connection.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-chrysler02.jpg  

karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 10:27   #864
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I think this was advertised for sale by Solanki for a long time. It was also featured with a Miata on BSmotoring, the pics are on the forum.





It is presently with Nitin Dossa. Here she is in 2005 at a Pune rally. I remember Dossa saying in an interview that the car had some consulate/diplomatic connection.
Yes, the car was offered to me by Atul Solanki ? What about its present whereabouts ?

I do not remember the connection except that the broker quoted some stupid price at that time.

Last edited by dominator : 10th November 2008 at 10:29.
dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 05:35   #865
Team-BHP Support
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,414
Thanked: 1,627 Times
Default

Was looking for something else, found this 48 DeSoto in NCR area.

Classic 1948 Chrysler Desoto (Semi Automatic) For Sale, delhi, India
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 19:35   #866
BHPian
 
alias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
Posts: 334
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Hi all,
Well basically my uncle who is based in Mysore has an 1989 range rover petrol two door.
He bought it from Mumbai a couple of months ago
And he is looking to restore it
Well he also has 2 willy’s
One original low bonnet petrol in pristine condition
And a Peugeot diesel engine willy’s as well (which he is looking to sell)
And a couple of 1950’s bullets and other bikes

Well my question is a there some one who could restore this range rover for him in Karnataka.
Regards
Asif

p.s: mods please move it to the right thread if not appropriate here since I could not find any there thread to post it

abnd this is how the car looks but unfortunatly not in a good condition
Attached Images
 

Last edited by alias : 11th November 2008 at 19:36.
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 12:25   #867
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,436 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
Hi all,
Well basically my uncle who is based in Mysore has an 1989 range rover petrol two door.
He bought it from Mumbai a couple of months ago
And he is looking to restore it
Well he also has 2 willy’s
One original low bonnet petrol in pristine condition
And a Peugeot diesel engine willy’s as well (which he is looking to sell)
And a couple of 1950’s bullets and other bikes

Well my question is a there some one who could restore this range rover for him in Karnataka.
Regards
Asif

p.s: mods please move it to the right thread if not appropriate here since I could not find any there thread to post it

abnd this is how the car looks but unfortunatly not in a good condition

Could you post the actual pics of the Range Rover Buddy.

The one in picture does not look like Mysore
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 17:48   #868
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
Hi all,
Well basically my uncle who is based in Mysore has an 1989 range rover petrol two door.
He bought it from Mumbai a couple of months ago
And he is looking to restore it
Well he also has 2 willy’s
One original low bonnet petrol in pristine condition
And a Peugeot diesel engine willy’s as well (which he is looking to sell)
And a couple of 1950’s bullets and other bikes

Well my question is a there some one who could restore this range rover for him in Karnataka.
Regards
Asif

p.s: mods please move it to the right thread if not appropriate here since I could not find any there thread to post it

abnd this is how the car looks but unfortunatly not in a good condition
post the original and a real pic.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 18:15   #869
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Was looking for something else, found this 48 DeSoto in NCR area.
I think semi automatic means Fluid Drive here which is no where even close to what semi automatic means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
This was offered to me a few years ago. Probably Mr. Harit would be able to throw more light on its present existence ?
This car is owned for years by a dear friend and an avid collector. She has new rims now (from the last few years) and i doubt if it was or is for sale. The car is stationed in the Bombay-Lonavala region and the owner takes part with a lot of his cars in every VCCCI event. I wonder how it was offered. Through a dealer but the pic, was it a reefrence pic or THE car?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 18:25   #870
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,195
Thanked: 1,308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I wonder how it was offered. Through a dealer but the pic, was it a reefrence pic or THE car?
Looking at no. would help? Since the car still is in b'bay it would remain the same?

Last edited by Stanher : 12th November 2008 at 18:28.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Apps that help you with the purchase / servicing of cars Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 28 27th November 2016 19:13
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500 shailu Motorbikes 66 21st March 2016 23:29
Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 zaks Motorbikes 173 1st June 2015 18:19
what's the difference between a grey market purchase and a B&W purchase wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 99 3rd June 2009 16:54
Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? InternetUser Technical Stuff 11 15th January 2008 13:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:31.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks