Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 16:32   #1366
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,927
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Looks like a '59 Impala! But is this photo in Gujarat or in Maharashtra?
Would it make a difference with regards to the year and make of the car ?
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 16:55   #1367
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,196
Thanked: 1,309 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Would it make a difference with regards to the year and make of the car ?
Indeed it would- '59 chevys were known for their distinctive "cateye" tail-lamps besides a few other cosmetic/body styling differences from the later models.

1959 chevy - Google Image Search

There was a 4-door '59 Bel-Air sadly used as a bArAt car by the guys opposite Nizam college, Abids, who had quite a few 60s chevys (and also Heralds)....all eventually scrapped! Now you find Contessas serving the purpose there.

This chevy I saw was quite beat-up and tired, although still attractive. I suspect it was dieselised too.
Unfortunately the chop job on the roof meant that it could never be resurrected to originality!

'saw it a few times back in 2006, following which it disappeared from there.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 19:44   #1368
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,927
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Indeed it would- '59 chevys were known for their distinctive "cateye" tail-lamps besides a few other cosmetic/body styling differences from the later models.

1959 chevy - Google Image Search

There was a 4-door '59 Bel-Air sadly used as a bArAt car by the guys opposite Nizam college, Abids, who had quite a few 60s chevys (and also Heralds)....all eventually scrapped! Now you find Contessas serving the purpose there.

This chevy I saw was quite beat-up and tired, although still attractive. I suspect it was dieselised too.
Unfortunately the chop job on the roof meant that it could never be resurrected to originality!

'saw it a few times back in 2006, following which it disappeared from there.
I ment the location of the shoot, Gujarat or Maharashtra not the car.

Boss there were a few genuine convertables also with them on Abids

Last edited by wasif : 9th June 2009 at 19:45.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 21:52   #1369
BHPian
 
Aston.Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 146
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

1968 Ex-Army Willys for sale in Bangalore, owner is quoting 2.5L, is it worth ?
Attached Images
    

Last edited by Aston.Martin : 9th June 2009 at 21:57. Reason: to add pics
Aston.Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:10   #1370
BHPian
 
imperial.s.a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 260
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

posting these two cars on behalf of my freinds. fiat select and 1985 maruti standard
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-image042.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image044.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image045.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image050.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image051.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image052.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image053.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image054.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image055.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image062.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image063.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image064.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image065.jpg  

imperial.s.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:27   #1371
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sydney / Secunderabad
Posts: 278
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Is that a Cressida next to the Fiat?
D.V.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:49   #1372
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,326
Thanked: 3,975 Times
Default

This original 1940 Austin 8 with original dash, meters, engine (Solex carburettor) is still available for sale.
Name:  DSC03236.JPG
Views: 1364
Size:  129.9 KB

Name:  DSC03238.JPG
Views: 1332
Size:  129.4 KB

Name:  DSC03239.JPG
Views: 1414
Size:  128.5 KB
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 01:16   #1373
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,899
Thanked: 2,440 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
I ment the location of the shoot, Gujarat or Maharashtra not the car.

Boss there were a few genuine convertables also with them on Abids
One 4 door cut top 1959 Belair from Hyderabad landed up in Nashik for restoration. It had a very poor bodyline, being a 4door convertible it just lost out. I think that now he is trying to sell.
I have a genuine convertible from Hyderabad undergoing restoration.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 10:05   #1374
BHPian
 
imperial.s.a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 260
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Is that a Cressida next to the Fiat?
its a crown royal saloon
imperial.s.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 10:17   #1375
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,927
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
One 4 door cut top 1959 Belair from Hyderabad landed up in Nashik for restoration. It had a very poor bodyline, being a 4door convertible it just lost out. I think that now he is trying to sell.
I have a genuine convertible from Hyderabad undergoing restoration.
It never ceases to amaze me , how many cars do you actually have?
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 10:45   #1376
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,329
Thanked: 5,995 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial.s.a View Post
posting these two cars on behalf of my freinds. fiat select and 1985 maruti standard
Fiat looks really good. Can come up to good standard. Efforts have been taken to match upholstry to original too. What is the expected price?
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 15:09   #1377
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
One 4 door cut top 1959 Belair from Hyderabad landed up in Nashik for restoration. It had a very poor bodyline, being a 4door convertible it just lost out. I think that now he is trying to sell.
I have a genuine convertible from Hyderabad undergoing restoration.
Is this genuine convertible a power top or manual? Heh and is it the red and white from saboo siddique posted earlier?
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 16:06   #1378
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,899
Thanked: 2,440 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Is it the Light Blue and white one which he bought??
My understanding is that this car has gone to Jaipur but the Jaipur guy denies that. Apparently she has not come to Mumbai.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 16:13   #1379
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,899
Thanked: 2,440 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Is this genuine convertible a power top or manual? Heh and is it the red and white from saboo siddique posted earlier?
The genuine covertible is probably a power top, but some parts are missing.
As mentioned in the post, she came from Hyderabad, nothing to do with Saboo Siddique.
BTW, the Saboo car is a one owner direct import 6 cylinder and unlikely to be ever sold. But you could always try.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 16:15   #1380
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I doubt it, although when I was following it up for someone, I was told that it was already sold.
WHich, the light blue and white, i just saw it day before yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
It never ceases to amaze me , how many cars do you actually have?
You dont even have a clue do you? and im sure neither does he
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Apps that help you with the purchase / servicing of cars Rajeevraj The Indian Car Scene 28 27th November 2016 19:13
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500 shailu Motorbikes 66 21st March 2016 23:29
Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 zaks Motorbikes 173 1st June 2015 18:19
what's the difference between a grey market purchase and a B&W purchase wannabelean In-Car Entertainment 99 3rd June 2009 16:54
Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? InternetUser Technical Stuff 11 15th January 2008 13:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks