Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 24th July 2008, 13:26   #76
BANNED

so are any of our members planning to do a visit to the erstwhile chor bazaar? if so then please PM me. i would also like to join.
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 15:58   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
P.S. I am not very familiar with proper bbay since I stay in the suburbs whenever I come there - Is Chor Bazar located next to the erstwhile Crossroads in Haji Ali?
No Vcash, Chor bazar is not near Crossrads. It is at Mohammed Ali road or J.J. as known by most.
ASk for Saifee Ambulance galli. (if i am correct)
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 13:56   #78
BHPian

Cyrus bhai,JJ is the right landmark, or else chor bazaar itself is very famous, any cabbie can take u there.., but then there are a lot of bylanes inside chor bazaar, some which connect towards bhendi bazaar or towards two tanks (known as Do Tanki) hehe
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 22:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

The right directions to Chor Bazaar : When coming form Dadar,go under the JJ flyover. Take a right at the first signal, ie the Grant road ( now known as Maulana Shaukatali Road) signal. Leave three lanes to your left, the fourth lane is called "Mutton Street". This is where it is.
Treasure Island.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 13:36   #80
BHPian

picked up 4 injectors from a td60 sienna engine for my uno
they seem to be working as mine were way to noisy only draw back is that the car has become very sluggish.
michael schume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 13:52   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael schume View Post
picked up 4 injectors from a td60 sienna engine for my uno
they seem to be working as mine were way to noisy only draw back is that the car has become very sluggish.
Of course the car will be sluggish!! It needs HELP!!!! But you finally found injectors eh!! good!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2008, 22:21   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
My last trip to chor bazaar yesterday has been most lucrative yet painful. We've all heard stories of cars that turn up in the bazaar, mercilessly hacked to bits every day. Somehow I never saw any particularly interesting cars being scrapped personally, untill now.
I still hung around to watch it being scrapped and grab the parts I wanted, which took a total of 2 hours precisely. It's really a sight to see the car crumble so easliy with just a chisel and hammer. Whatever part I wanted, was just chiseled around and handed over...noone bothers to unscrew nuts bolts and the like...you just cut the metal around it.
It was such an original car, Ive never seen one quite like it. Note the delicate bakelite surrounds, and that cool period tachometer. Very rarely does a 55 steering wheel and horn button last so long, they usually crumble to pieces after this long.
Wonderful account Karlosdeville- Its just like being there.The chor bazar is also my favourite jaunt for old car parts shopping, but the story you wrote and the pictures taken step by step are superb.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th August 2008 at 00:59. Reason: quote fixed. Make sure you leave the "[/quote]" tag at the end.
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 04:10   #83
BHPian

Can some tell me how togo Chor Bazzar from Navi Mumbai? Where is it exactly?

Also how to goto Kurla CST?

Where can I get my car part cheap and easily, any idea guys?
humm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 06:39   #84
Team-BHP Support

Arrow read back

Quote:
Originally Posted by humm View Post
Can some tell me how togo Chor Bazzar from Navi Mumbai? Where is it exactly?

Also how to goto Kurla CST?

Where can I get my car part cheap and easily, any idea guys?
Check the previous few posts for location.
Where are you in New Bombay?

If you want to go by train all the way, this would be your general route (going South):
  • Get to your nearest Harbour Line station.
  • Take a train (going towards VT / CST) to Kurla.
  • Change over to the Central Line at Kurla and get on a train (going towards VT / CST) to Dadar.
  • Change over to the Western Line at Dadar, and get on a train going towards Churchgate.
  • Get off at Grant Road and either walk or take a taxi - all cabbies know where Chor Bazaar is.

Alternatively you can get off at Dadar, Bombay Central (or most of the stations on the Western Line) and take a bus, but I don't remember the bus numbers now.

ps. don't drive.
aah78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:52   #85
BANNED

Kurla CST road is about 10 mins from Kurla Station West. or you can take bus numbers 37,313,318 which and get down at Kapadia Nagar Bus stop.
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 22:48   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

The nearest (Local) railway station is Sandhurst Road if I am not mistaken. Mutton Street and the nearby Masjid very near Maulana's Shop are good landmarks.Apart from Maulana Mansoori I doubt if there is any good retailer of vintage and classic car parts. Its by mere chance that we can sometimes get something elsewhere.
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 01:23   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
.....Apart from Maulana Mansoori I doubt if there is any good retailer of vintage and classic car parts. ....
Nasikwalla for old bike parts.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 10:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Nasikwalla for old bike parts.

cya
R
He has great inventory, if you can find his shop open. Mostly opens only after 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 13:08   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The nearest (Local) railway station is Sandhurst Road if I am not mistaken. Mutton Street and the nearby Masjid very near Maulana's Shop are good landmarks.Apart from Maulana Mansoori I doubt if there is any good retailer of vintage and classic car parts. Its by mere chance that we can sometimes get something elsewhere.
Abdul Rehman (A. R. Mansuri) in the same lane as Maulana, but on the opposite side a bit ahead, is even better than Maulana. He always has something for me when I go, and has a knack for hunting down the most hard to find bits.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 13:31   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
He always has something for me when I go, and has a knack for hunting down the most hard to find bits.
Which means he must've broken even more cars than Maulana has in his career!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote