Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 24th January 2008, 20:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default DELHI - Vintage car and bike rally 20 Jan 2008

For a week almost after seeing the old vintage car in the DT mall in gurgaon and having a brocure for the Event. i was looking for the time of the event tried to contact a lot of people but unable to find the details of the vintage care and bike rally.
so on friday while going to the office was going through my wallet that had become a pure old warehouse full of various charge slips and all that i found the lil brocure that gave me the info regarding the vintage care and bike rally so the time was on 20 Jan that was the sunday and it was going to be at 10 in the morning.
Early in the morning woke up gave my bike a good clean up made sure that it is shining gave a proper buff on the crome and the aluminium. and at around 10 left gurgaon for Khan Market with a Lady friend of mine who apparently did not kinda have any interest in the cars and bikes. But she was interested in Photography.
At around 10:40 we got to the vintage care and bike rally... i was asked to park my bike out side the market.
The side from where i entered the Market there was a line up of bike i mean Vintage bikes... i was amazed to see the conditoins of the bikes some reall good one... i took some photos with my digital camera and some were taken by a Cannon slr a film one still need to get those developed so enjoy the digital ones for the time being...
At around 2:20 in the after noon the bikes and the card were flagged off for the rally... it took almost a hour for all the bikes and the cars to leave the market for the event and then after that we were at the end...
during the rally on the roads of delhi a lot of the cars broke down saw a lot of them parked here and there and being reapaired by the backup vans... we came back to the event venue at around 5:30 and then again we were all discussing the bike and now my favorite part happened i knew this guy who is in the vintage Business and he offered me to try out some bikes... i rode a BSA twin 650 that give around 42 BHP amazing exaust note it had, then a BSA 500 side valve engine... and a Lambreta and also a IFA..
over all it was a very good one...

PS. a lot of super bikers where there aswell HONDA goldwing, Ducatis, Yamaha R1, Kwakers, BMW 650, Harley and also the Trimph Rocket and some more.

for more pics you may see
Picasa Web Albums - Deep - Vintage car a...

Sorry the images are too big i was unable to resize them

@mods: the owners have no problems with the REG marks...
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 21:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well missed this one again! Nice pics there Deep, hope to see more soon. Maybe Awini can post some he would have taken considering the event was held a minute's walk from his house!

This SL belongs to a member on the forum.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 21:49   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent show!

Nice to see 2 Triumphs (GT6 & Spitfire) there & also an early series 2 lambretta!

Now 'cant wait to see our own 26th Jan rally here!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 22:18   #4
BHPian

Wooaaaoooow!!! Fantastic pics there mate. Loved each and every classic posted. The Mustang just rocks so does the SL, the Red-Indian and Triumph cars and pretty much every car posted.

The Jawa there has a very rare high-compression performance head (it is locally called as 'flower' head among the mechanics).
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 22:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well missed this one again! Nice pics there Deep, hope to see more soon. Maybe Awini can post some he would have taken considering the event was held a minute's walk from his house!

This SL belongs to a member on the forum.

i did not know that this belongs to a Team Bhpian actually it should be no surprise as quiet a lot of gentlemen here are fans of oldies

hey and for FIAT lovers there was also a 1100 D but it was in a shagged condition i talked to the owner he is going to do it up soon... he also had his BSAs there...
Old 24th January 2008, 22:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

yea i noticed that flower head on the jawa engine...
Old 25th January 2008, 00:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

This if IIRC is a '78/'79 280SL currently incorrectly badged as a 500SL and it is currently running after market 17" rims & tyres with a K&N air filter.

Nice car & well maintained nevertheless.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 03:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow!!! Nice to see these beauties together. Love the way every single machine's been maintained. The Indian Chief & the Norton are the best among the bikes!
More pics...please..
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 08:36   #9
BHPian

Interesting to see atleast 3 cars are running wire wheels(looks like the same brand too). OT, can we run tubeless tyres on wire wheels?
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 13:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Great Pics mate, keep em coming. Delhi is blessed with dry climate which does not encourage rusting. Rust is the biggest enemy of such beauties. One can chance upon a barn find in and around Delhi but one can expect the cars not to be so deteriorated as they would be in humid conditions such as ours.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote