Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 08:48   #196
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,625
Thanked: 6,150 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Austin in Mapusa - Goa 1976

Name:  Mapusa.jpg
Views: 3456
Size:  226.6 KB
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 09:20   #197
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,549 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Austin in Mapusa - Goa 1976

Attachment 507322
Looks quite nice considering its age even back then! Any more info. on this car?

PS: (IMHO) this pic. may be suited to the nostalgic pics. thread, considering its an old one?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 15:22   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,242
Thanked: 692 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Citroen Traction Avant undergoing restoration:
It has always being like that. Its come out of the house into the open now.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 00:20   #199
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,895
Thanked: 3,353 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
are there any NSU cars still in GOA?
A friend of mine who had been to Goa recently saw a NSU Prinz undergoing restoration. Did a google search since I had never heard of such a car. Will try and get a pic of it from him if possible.

Meanwhile here is a pic of the car from the net.

Name:  nsu_prinz_4_1.jpg
Views: 2825
Size:  45.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw splitscreen View Post
Does anyone know the where abouts of this Splitscreen now. Took these pics last year in Goa but now seems to have disappeared for some time now. Has the early ribbed bumpers on front and rear which would make the bus late 1955 to late 58 but has the much larger rear lights red and amber.lens of a 62 to 67 I saw this bus a few times 2 years ago while in for respray,but just wondered where its gone now or still in Goa.
This van is very much in Goa. It was spotted somewhere on the way from Calangute to Mapusa. Just lying around gathering dust next at a shop next to the road.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 01:21   #200
BHPian
 
vw splitscreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Goa/UK
Posts: 153
Thanked: 24 Times
Smile Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post



This van is very much in Goa. It was spotted somewhere on the way from Calangute to Mapusa. Just lying around gathering dust next at a shop next to the road.
Thanks v12, sounds like its back in the same location then,this bus needs some love now by the sounds of it will check it out on my next visit.
vw splitscreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 12:19   #201
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,954
Thanked: 2,724 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
A friend of mine who had been to Goa recently saw a NSU Prinz undergoing restoration. Did a google search since I had never heard of such a car. Will try and get a pic of it from him if possible. Meanwhile here is a pic of the car from the net.
In all probability, this type of NSU Prinz would be found in Goa, a pre 1961 model. Picture taken from net. The one put up by you is of a later model. Once Goa was "Liberated", import of cars stopped. Such a NSU went to Bangalore, and two Spyders came to Bombay, now not traceable. Lets see your pictures when available.

Cheers harit
Attached Images
 
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 17:25   #202
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,895
Thanked: 3,353 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
In all probability, this type of NSU Prinz would be found in Goa, a pre 1961 model. Picture taken from net. The one put up by you is of a later model. Once Goa was "Liberated", import of cars stopped. Such a NSU went to Bangalore, and two Spyders came to Bombay, now not traceable. Lets see your pictures when available.

Cheers harit
Hey Harit,

The car was definitely the one which I posted cos it had the headlights below the bonnet line and the indicators at the corner. I showed him pics of all the Prinz models and he recognised it as the blue one that I have posted. Should be able to put up the pics by evening.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 11:36   #203
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,895
Thanked: 3,353 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Here are some pics of the Prinz :

Name:  Prinz.jpg
Views: 2125
Size:  172.0 KB Name:  Prinz2.jpg
Views: 2106
Size:  112.3 KB
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 11:41   #204
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,954
Thanked: 2,724 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hey Harit,

The car was definitely the one which I posted cos it had the headlights below the bonnet line and the indicators at the corner. I showed him pics of all the Prinz models and he recognised it as the blue one that I have posted. Should be able to put up the pics by evening.
Hi, waiting for your pictures.
I have only seen two post 1961 NSU's in India, one like the one shown by you. That was in Bombay, red car bearing German consulate plates. Must have been sold later on. The second was similar but with the bigger rectangular headlights, came out from the Indonesian consulate in Bombay. It was never registered for road use, later seen in Null Bazar area. Maybe one car came to Goa.

Cheers harit

(Saw your post after posting. An almost simultaneous thoughts at work)

Last edited by harit : 8th June 2011 at 11:43.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 23:47   #205
BHPian
 
invinci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: belgaum
Posts: 92
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Any Wankel powered NSU's surviving in India?
invinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 10:00   #206
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Harit had mentioned earlier that he had seen two NSU Spiders in Bombay...the spyder was a Wankel
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 01:41   #207
BHPian
 
sir_u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgaum
Posts: 35
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

The sport Prinz was Wankel too. I just found out on wiki.
Any NSU bikes in Goa?
sir_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 10:01   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_u View Post
The sport Prinz was Wankel too. I just found out on wiki.
Any NSU bikes in Goa?
The Sport Prinz was certainly NOT a Wankel. Check the link below.

NSU Sport Prinz - Motorbase

NSU Prinz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My friend Zozzy had bought a Sport Prinz from Goa from the old NSW dealer along with a huge lot of spares.

The NSU Wankel Spider on the other hand was the rotary engined car.

The body design is very similar to the Sport Prinz except that its a convertible

NSU Wankel Spider - Motorbase
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 10:04   #209
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
The Sport Prinz was certainly NOT a Wankel. Check the link below.

NSU Sport Prinz - Motorbase

NSU Prinz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My friend Zozzy had bought a Sport Prinz from Goa from the old NSW dealer along with a huge lot of spares.

The NSU Wankel Spider on the other hand was the rotary engined car.

The body design is very similar to the Sport Prinz except that its a convertible

NSU Wankel Spider - Motorbase
Well Zozimo does not anymore own that car, but owns loads and loads of spares for NSW...

His house is a treasure trove, you can actually assembly more than a dozen Classic cars if you clear up the spares in his house. Most of the VW spares i have already cleared off his house at Tivim, but he still has more.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa-imag_0877.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa-imag_0875.jpg  


Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 13th June 2011 at 10:28.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 10:07   #210
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa

So you are familiar with him then.....he had a great dealof spares for Beatles too.

The Sport Prinz went t Bombay .....maybe its with Harit as I think his people,the Solanki brothers had bought it.

It was such a pretty car.

In the first picture posted by Faster on his Faster Collection thread a Sport Prinz can be seen in the window of a dealer behind the Bentley

Post some pictures of what he has with him these days...is he still in Mapusa
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection dominator Vintage Cars & Classics in India 173 12th November 2016 09:12
The Palace of Udaipur : Vintage & Classic Car Collection FlyingSpur Vintage Cars & Classics in India 38 3rd October 2016 17:48
Vintage/Classic Car Collection in Delhi - Added pics of Karmann & Lagonda iraghava Vintage Cars & Classics in India 29 10th January 2016 03:58
Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Kolkata ritayan Pre-War 43 20th February 2012 13:02
Collection of Vintage, Classic, Modern - Sacto Road Show chevelle Beyond Borders 36 12th August 2010 23:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks