Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 9th April 2008, 20:34   #106
Senior - BHPian

Well Karl I think its a great way of working out. What better than pushing a Classic rover at kalaghoda at 7 Am right? Beats the tread mill anyday.
maybe next time i should get off the wheel and push the car, need to loose some weight pronto. Karl great job on the article i had a great time reading all the snipets, Gogi, Egangsta and who ever else pushed the car that day(cant see the third guy) I owe you one for the workout cheers: beer ho jaaye? then we can work that off by pushing the car again, right now it has no engine.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th April 2008 at 21:24. Reason: Smiley removed.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 20:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
Hehe. Nice one. Finally Gogi is doing some work. LOL
My next "WORK" agenda is to kick someone's backside!! Thats work too you know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Karl great job on the article i had a great time reading all the snipets, Gogi, Egangsta and who ever else pushed the car that day(cant see the third guy) I owe you one for the workout cheers: beer ho jaaye? then we can work that off by pushing the car again, right now it has no engine
Great Article Karli!! Amol you can call us for beer anytime!!
Nice pics of the ladies in that link you gave Karli

Last edited by V-16 : 9th April 2008 at 20:46.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 22:00   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Nice pics of the ladies in that link you gave Karli
Whoops, careful gogs! 'hope your Mrs. aint peeping over your shoulder while you type this!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 14:49   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The Mole's lovely Rover found her way into this month's BSMotoring magazine coverage of the Haig rally by your's truly. Do check it out.
Attachment 6757
Nice photo-feature Karl, was kind of expecting it in this issue of BSM.

The Hudson's really radical - they mostly were, therefore very exciting. Was this ever in Delhi, and white in colour?

And about the P5 ... well I have a thing for P5s, and this mighty Rover is very high on my wish-list. The GM-engined 3.5 V8 would be the first one I'd ask the Genie for, preferably in coupe guise, but will happily settle for any P5 over any Rolls Royce (okay, let me have all the invectives, I still shall go roving). There's a lovely one that's come to Delhi recently from Chennai, birch-grey coloured and amazingly original. It's now being "restored" by two gentlemen (one has sold to the second, who has sold to his regular "customer"), who keeping the demands of the market in mind will be over-doing the bells and whistles bit, and ruining it for me at least, compared to what the car did for me originally. None the less, she'll remain a P5 and an object of my envy (even in it's new black colour). The Mumbai P5 belonging to The Mole (Upendra Nayak?) seems nice, though.
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 19:52   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Nice photo-feature Karl, was kind of expecting it in this issue of BSM.
There's a lovely one that's come to Delhi recently from Chennai, birch-grey coloured and amazingly original. It's now being "restored" by two gentlemen (one has sold to the second, who has sold to his regular "customer"), who keeping the demands of the market in mind will be over-doing the bells and whistles bit, and ruining it for me at least, compared to what the car did for me originally.
Thanks for the kind words. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great Article Karli!! Amol you can call us for beer anytime!!Nice pics of the ladies in that link you gave Karli
Thanks. Your Special was submitted to be featured as well, us lesser Fiatwales unfortunately were snipped out.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 18:26   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Nice pictures Gordon !!The Zundapp is 1936 SV 500 Twin,very original.Next time around observe the side stand ( which doubles up as the footrest ) and the speedo.Dont care much for the BSA A7 ( MRA 1363 ), bad paint job.No rally can be complete without the Pune Brothers - DBD GoldStar ( MYV 7155 ) & Velocette ( BMF 78 ). Not to miss the immaculately restored BMF 582 DBD Goldie from Mumbai ( owned previously by Gary Lawyer ). APW 6185 ,Model 7 Norton Dominator 1952, looks like a recent import from Hyderabad.

Would love to see more bike pictures from the event.
@DOminator - Yeah it is an Hyd bike - but now in Pune. Was riding the bike almost every day when i was there. Wish i could bring it to the Uk with me.
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 15:14   #112
BHPian

Hello all,

i know this is a pretty old thread, but cant help posting here.
I'm a new member here, and was going through the rally pics when i came across the APY 9199 Zundapp. There's a close friend of mine who has a few pics of this bike taken sometime in the 80s by her dad, who apparently owned the same bike then.

Could anyone share a few details of this bike's history since then, as the ex-owner would be delighted to hear of it, as he's seen the rally pics already, and is eager to know more. If the present owner has no objection of course.

Cheers
Rahul
voodoochild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 16:16   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
I'm a new member here, and was going through the rally pics when i came across the APY 9199 Zundapp. There's a close friend of mine who has a few pics of this bike taken sometime in the 80s by her dad, who apparently owned the same bike then.

Could anyone share a few details of this bike's history since then, as the ex-owner would be delighted to hear of it, as he's seen the rally pics already, and is eager to know more. If the present owner has no objection of course.
The bike is in Hyderabad, owned by one Victor I think. She has come to rallies in Bombay and Pune along with others from Hyderabad in the past. Well known bike, i'm sure anyone in the vintage and classic circle in Hyderabad can put you in touch with him.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote