Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 29th May 2011, 13:05   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Experience of Restoring a Vintage/Classic Car or Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Some 30 years ago while questioning my father on other Packards in Hyderabad he mentioned there used to be a 1938 Packard Eight with a family, not seen on the roads since the Fifties. I ended up visiting the family and was pleasantly surprised to find the car jacked up on rocks gathering dust.

As the owner had passed away I met his son and we ended up chatting about what his plans were for the car. He knew we had a 1939 Packard. He told me it was his dream to fully restore his dad's car and bring it back to full form.

I still need to complete the paintwork and upholstery and finish the car completely. But the journey so far has been unbelievably gratifying to warrant a story at this time for your reading pleasure
Deepak,

I just now bumped in to this thread. Just one word - WOW!

Pardon my ignorance - I am sure you must have completed this long ago. Is there a thread somewhere in this forum - dedicated to this?

I really would love to see the end result.

Thanks

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 11:06   #122
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Experience of Restoring a Vintage/Classic Car or Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Deepak,

I just now bumped in to this thread. Just one word - WOW!

Pardon my ignorance - I am sure you must have completed this long ago. Is there a thread somewhere in this forum - dedicated to this?

I really would love to see the end result.

Thanks

Ram
Hi Deepak,

Ignore my earlier post

I was on this thread again and then paid attention to your post # 92. It must have been real hard for you to let go.

Would have loved to see the final result.

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote