Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 17:03   #181
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey guys just to put in some correct specs....the ferrari Iraghava and Harit have been chatting is a 1974 ferrari 365 gt4 2+2 powered by a v12 and 6 webber carbs...it aint a 400i...might not be the most good looking ferrari..but certaily is one of the most power packed ferrari of its time...and the gentlemen was Dr ross..who also owned the Rossi and Dunbash ferrari before it found its way to mumbai....the Lancia is a 64-65 flavia
FERRARI 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 18:38   #182
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,909
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRARI 365 View Post
Hey guys just to put in some correct specs....the ferrari Iraghava and Harit have been chatting is a 1974 ferrari 365 gt4 2+2 powered by a v12 and 6 webber carbs...it aint a 400i...might not be the most good looking ferrari..but certaily is one of the most power packed ferrari of its time...and the gentlemen was Dr ross..who also owned the Rossi and Dunbash ferrari before it found its way to mumbai....the Lancia is a 64-65 flavia
Well my friend, too many dots in your post and so confusion.
The 365 Dr. Rossi, Italian Embassy, Delhi sold on to Mr. Sharma, nothing to with Dr. Rossi of Mumbai who raced his Ferrari.
The 275 GTB/C first owner Dr. Rossi who raced it, it was not passed on to him by the Dr. of the Italian Embassy as the quoted post implies.
The 365 first owner Adi Dubash, then sold on fairly recently. Again, it was not passed on by the Dr. of the Italian Embassy as the quoted post implies. Just tell Mr. Dubash that his Ferrari was a used car and see the reaction.
But if I have misunderstood the post, then all is well, but in future please avoid the dots. They can create confusion.
The fate of the 308 PAT 1 cannot be easily identified because there are now a number of red 308's in India.
And where is the Lancia now? Is she well? The Bangalore car is another one.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 22:03   #183
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,023
Thanked: 146 Times
Default

Well if the car standing in Ambassador Hotel is a 365 then I have to blind. I'm 101% sure it is a 400i. If you guys want, pictures can be arranged within the next few days.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 17:04   #184
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,909
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well if the car standing in Ambassador Hotel is a 365 then I have to blind. I'm 101% sure it is a 400i. If you guys want, pictures can be arranged within the next few days.
No, you are not blind! If you see my first note on the Ferrari's, I refrained from putting model numbers because I get confused. Frankly, I do not like Ferrari's or as a matter of fact any other super cars. In this post I took the model numbers from other posts that followed.
And I think that you are right about the model no, but it is not important for me. It is just that there were so few Ferrari's in India in the early years that I made that note.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 10:06   #185
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 486
Thanked: 240 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well if the car standing in Ambassador Hotel is a 365 then I have to blind. I'm 101% sure it is a 400i. If you guys want, pictures can be arranged within the next few days.
SOORDAS ishan... the 400 started production in about 1976, the i came even later, i= injected, dhruv sharma,s car is indeed a 365 gt4 2+2.

Last edited by awini : 1st February 2009 at 10:13.
awini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 14:50   #186
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N Delhi/Pune/Kolkata/Schwarzenfeld
Posts: 884
Thanked: 275 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well if the car standing in Ambassador Hotel is a 365 then I have to blind. I'm 101% sure it is a 400i. If you guys want, pictures can be arranged within the next few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
SOORDAS ishan... the 400 started production in about 1976, the i came even later, i= injected, dhruv sharma,s car is indeed a 365 gt4 2+2.
Hey Awini, good to see you back. This got too much to resist, huh? For me too!

And Ishaan, fret not. The 365GT4 2+2 and Ferrari 400 series are almost identical, so anybody can get confused; I did too once because I wanted to believe that the owner knew what he was talking about (a long time ago, he probably knows better now!!). It's the year of manufacture that tells you which it is (if the owner doesn't!) and externally one of the giveaways are the tail lights. The 365 GT4 2+2 have six smaller, whereas the 400 have four larger (round as usual) ones. These pix might help. By the way, I don't much like Ferraris either, Harit. Although I quite do the Lambos and some other supercars.
Attached Images
  

Last edited by Prabal : 1st February 2009 at 14:52.
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 16:29   #187
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,023
Thanked: 146 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
SOORDAS ishan... the 400 started production in about 1976, the i came even later, i= injected, dhruv sharma,s car is indeed a 365 gt4 2+2.
Damn! I guess an eye test is due then!

And Awini, I distinctly remember you telling me a few years back that it was a 400, one of the 'failures' in Ferrari's history! Or maybe you said 365!

Anyway, good to have you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Hey Awini, good to see you back. This got too much to resist, huh? For me too!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
And Ishaan, fret not. The 365GT4 2+2 and Ferrari 400 series are almost identical, so anybody can get confused; I did too once because I wanted to believe that the owner knew what he was talking about (a long time ago, he probably knows better now!!). It's the year of manufacture that tells you which it is (if the owner doesn't!) and externally one of the giveaways are the tail lights. The 365 GT4 2+2 have six smaller, whereas the 400 have four larger (round as usual) ones. These pix might help. By the way, I don't much like Ferraris either, Harit. Although I quite do the Lambos and some other supercars.
Thanks for the info Prabal! I shall remember this now!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:21   #188
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey awini, Thanks for the info. you have seen the car many a times. Hows your lagonda doind havent seen it out in a while. "D"
FERRARI 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:36   #189
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 270 Times
Default

Here goes the picture of Rajasthan registered car from Sanghi collection displayed at Bhopal in 2002...isnt this a 120...
Attached Images
 
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:44   #190
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,447
Thanked: 7,104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Here goes the picture of Rajasthan registered car from Sanghi collection displayed at Bhopal in 2002...isnt this a 120...
Sorry, this isn't a Packard. Looks to be American, possibly a Graham?

And what was Rowan Atkinson doing there? ;-)
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 17:02   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 270 Times
Default

actually even i thought the same but grill being similar i thought it was a packard...
Rowan Atkinson is to save me ...just in case if its not a Packard..
agspins is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 21:41   #192
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 118
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Here goes the picture of Rajasthan registered car from Sanghi collection displayed at Bhopal in 2002...isnt this a 120...

I feel the car is a1934 (or around that period )REO.
Mohammed4rmhyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 10:47   #193
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,932
Thanked: 339 Times
Default

Mohd Bhai

Good to hear from you. Yes I too am sure its a REO have pics of a similar car in California.

Wasif
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 12:11   #194
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,909
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed4rmhyd View Post
I feel the car is a1934 (or around that period )REO.
If memory serves me right, there are two such Reo's in India. In fact one was on Carmichael Road Mumbai, but she has shifted. A royal car. And these cars were automatics! I will hunt for a pic of the Mumbai car.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 13:41   #195
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,787
Thanked: 1,848 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Here goes the picture of Rajasthan registered car from Sanghi collection displayed at Bhopal in 2002...isnt this a 120...
this is a reo and not a packard
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous cars in Delhi Julian UK Pre-War 46 20th April 2008 23:51
Volkswagen to bring Passat, Golf and other cars in India navdeep The Indian Car Scene 34 22nd October 2007 19:48
Do i have any other choice other than Indica turbo diesel ?? tanishq Hatchbacks 35 11th June 2006 17:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks