Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 00:08   #181
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 450
Thanked: 231 Times
Default XK -120 Alloy Body

Early XK 120 bearing serial number 660013 , Pastel Blue, Duo Blue,nr, December 1949 registered in Delhi. The car was imported by Late.S.Rajdev Singh Akoi. I understand that this XK was the first export of an XK to any part of the world. I restored this car in the year 2000/2001. I am uploading a few photographs of the car after restoration, during restoration and prior to restoration. The photographs have been uploaded in a random manner and not in the exact sequence.
Attached Images
         
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 00:59   #182
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
I restored this car in the year 2000/2001. I am uploading a few photographs of the car after restoration, during restoration and prior to restoration. The photographs have been uploaded in a random manner and not in the exact sequence.
Sir that is a really good restroration done by you.Sir can you share with us what all was required to be done when the car came to you, Except the cosmetic restoration which is truely amazing .
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 12:43   #183
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,242
Thanked: 692 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default

OT: Sirjee, whats the green colour car in some of the pictures?
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 12:57   #184
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
OT: Sirjee, whats the green colour car in some of the pictures?
That is a Fiat X19 if i am not mistaken.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 14:34   #185
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 450
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
That is a Fiat X19 if i am not mistaken.
You are corrrect, the green car is a Fiat X1-9 -Bertone.
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 14:41   #186
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,242
Thanked: 692 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
That is a Fiat X19 if i am not mistaken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
You are corrrect, the green car is a Fiat X1-9 -Bertone.
Oh thanks guys. Tried enlarging the picture to see the sticker on the B pillar. Thought it to be a Bertone but wasnt sure.

Nice. Surprised that these are in India. Not that I know much of this car.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 23:41   #187
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,889 Times
Thumbs up New XK List

My last list is like this on XKs which of these are 120s/150s/140s not sure but will do it over the weekend.
1)Imperial palace
2)Jaipur - royal family
3) Vikram Singh - ex ramesh thackar car
4) Calcutta - Ghosh - I have just updated the engine number and chassis number- Its the ex Bihar pastel blue car.
5)Rajiv Kher - ex Bombay car - katrak
6) Dr Ravi Prakash - Red colour
7) Gondal Its a xk150
8) Vora - Bombay - xk120- under restoration older CPF number
9) Sanghi - xk120
10) Sanghi - xk120 - ex Vohra car
11) Delhi - Metallic Blue - Gorakhpur state car
12) South - one more car - has been listed by Indrojit MSL number - colour black
13) Pataudi - now delhi - xk 120
14) Bombay - xk 140 coupe - beyond restoration today
15) Bhavnagar - Blue
16) Gondal Xk 150
17) Gondal Xk 150
18) N Hussain Xk 120

Missing two Cars
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 23:57   #188
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 450
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
My last list is like this on XKs which of these are 120s/150s/140s not sure but will do it over the weekend.
1)Imperial palace
2)Jaipur - royal family
3) Vikram Singh - ex ramesh thackar car
4) Calcutta - Ghosh - I have just updated the engine number and chassis number- Its the ex Bihar pastel blue car.
5)Rajiv Kher - ex Bombay car - katrak
6) Dr Ravi Prakash - Red colour
7) Gondal Its a xk150
8) Vora - Bombay - xk120- under restoration older CPF number
9) Sanghi - xk120
10) Sanghi - xk120 - ex Vohra car
11) Delhi - Metallic Blue - Gorakhpur state car
12) South - one more car - has been listed by Indrojit MSL number - colour black
13) Pataudi - now delhi - xk 120
14) Bombay - xk 140 coupe - beyond restoration today
15) Bhavnagar - Blue
16) Gondal Xk 150
17) Gondal Xk 150
18) N Hussain Xk 120

Missing two Cars
I had probably read in this thread only a comprehensive list of all the XK's imported into India. With that list probably one could make out a more comprehensive and accurate list.

Last edited by S.B.Jatti : 13th February 2010 at 00:08.
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 01:26   #189
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
My last list is like this on XKs which of these are 120s/150s/140s not sure but will do it over the weekend.
1)Imperial palace
2)Jaipur - royal family
3) Vikram Singh - ex ramesh thackar car
4) Calcutta - Ghosh - I have just updated the engine number and chassis number- Its the ex Bihar pastel blue car.
5)Rajiv Kher - ex Bombay car - katrak
6) Dr Ravi Prakash - Red colour
7) Gondal Its a xk150
8) Vora - Bombay - xk120- under restoration older CPF number
9) Sanghi - xk120
10) Sanghi - xk120 - ex Vohra car
11) Delhi - Metallic Blue - Gorakhpur state car
12) South - one more car - has been listed by Indrojit MSL number - colour black
13) Pataudi - now delhi - xk 120
14) Bombay - xk 140 coupe - beyond restoration today
15) Bhavnagar - Blue
16) Gondal Xk 150
17) Gondal Xk 150
18) N Hussain Xk 120

Missing two Cars


One of the missing cars is the Ex-pataudi XK140 registration number DIC 9829 which i have uploaded pics of in post #172 .This car is now in Calcutta.

Car # 4 in the above list is owned by people in Dhanbad and not By Mr. Ghosh.

One more thing and that is you have mentioned 3 gondal XK 150's above.Arn't there 2 ?


So could we have a revised list ?

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 13th February 2010 at 01:43.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 01:37   #190
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 450
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
One of the missing cars is the Ex-pataudi XK140 registration number DIC 9829 which i have uploaded pics of in post #172 .This car is now in Calcutta.

Car # 4 in the above list is owned by people in Dhanbad and not By Mr. Ghosh.


So could we have a revised list ?
I had seen long ago an XK at a workshop in Delhi, with the registration PAT 1, which I was told that it belonged to Pataudi. Obviously, the old royal state registrations don't hold good anymore. Must be having a new registration number.
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 01:39   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
I had seen long ago an XK at a workshop in Delhi, with the registration PAT 1, which I was told that it belonged to Pataudi. Obviously, the old royal state registrations don't hold good anymore. Must be having a new registration number.

Do you remember the colour of the car and the colour of the upholstry?
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 12:29   #192
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 450
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Do you remember the colour of the car and the colour of the upholstry?
I had seen this particular car sometimes in the 80s. I do-not remember the colour of the car or the upholstrey.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2010 at 17:09. Reason: Fixing quote
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 13:34   #193
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,953
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Oh thanks guys. Tried enlarging the picture to see the sticker on the B pillar. Thought it to be a Bertone but wasnt sure.
Nice. Surprised that these are in India. Not that I know much of this car.
There is a Fiat like this in Bangalore with Doc. One metallic blue was in Orissa, featured in AutoIndia in one of their first issues. By co-incidence, the XK 120 MFA registered car was with another X 19 which was taken back to Africa. There was a black one on the Juhu Bandh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
I had seen long ago an XK at a workshop in Delhi, with the registration PAT 1, which I was told that it belonged to Pataudi. Obviously, the old royal state registrations don't hold good anymore. Must be having a new registration number.
PAT 1 registration was a joke, it was also seen in an Ad film featuring Pataudi in a Ferrari 308. Unless Pataudi had two XK's, he had this DIC 9829 registered car which was in Mumbai for a while.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 13:51   #194
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,953
Thanked: 2,723 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
My last list is like this on XKs which of these are 120s/150s/140s not sure but will do it over the weekend.
I wonder how many times the same list has to corrected and commented on for old mistakes. We should only add new. Since I do not really know everything, I am putting the list below on what I am certain about, others please add.

1)XK 120 Alloy body Imperial palace
2) XK 120 Jaipur - royal family
3) XK 120, Vikram Singh - ex ramesh thackar car, before that Aundh royal family.
4) XK 120 Agarwal Dhanbad restored by Ghosh
5) XK 120 Rajiv Kher - ex Bombay car - Jamas
6) XK 140 Dr Ravi Prakash - Red colour ex Ravi Kumar
7) XK 150 Gondal
8) XK 120 Vohra - Bombay - older CPF number ex Sanghi
9) Sanghi - XK120
10) Sanghi - XK120 - ex Vohra car
11) South - one more car - has been listed by Indrojit MSL number
12) Pataudi - now delhi - XK 120
13) Bombay - XK 140 coupe - beyond restoration today, ex Jamnagar, ex Pratabgarh
14) Gondal XK 150
15) N Hussain XK 120
16) XK 140 Ahmedabad

These we are sure of.
Taken out listed cars below, seeking more details, what is mentioned is too vague. There could be duplication. Bhinga car is not mentioned, maybe it is one of the above? I know for sure that one car went from Ravi Kumar to Sanghi, but which one? And Gondal had only two.
If someone can check the lists made before and compare, it will be nice.

11) Delhi - Metallic Blue - Gorakhpur state car
15) Bhavnagar - Blue
17) Gondal Xk 150
Missing two Cars.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 16:07   #195
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post

PAT 1 registration was a joke, it was also seen in an Ad film featuring Pataudi in a Ferrari 308. Unless Pataudi had two XK's, he had this DIC 9829 registered car which was in Mumbai for a while.

Cheers harit
Do you recollect the colour of the car and upholstry when it was in Mumbai and who was the owner then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I wonder how many times the same list has to corrected and commented on for old mistakes. We should only add new. Since I do not really know everything, I am putting the list below on what I am certain about, others please add.

1)XK 120 Alloy body Imperial palace
2) XK 120 Jaipur - royal family
3) XK 120, Vikram Singh - ex ramesh thackar car, before that Aundh royal family.
4) XK 120 Agarwal Dhanbad restored by Ghosh
5) XK 120 Rajiv Kher - ex Bombay car - Jamas
6) XK 140 Dr Ravi Prakash - Red colour ex Ravi Kumar
7) XK 150 Gondal
8) XK 120 Vohra - Bombay - older CPF number ex Sanghi
9) Sanghi - XK120
10) Sanghi - XK120 - ex Vohra car
11) South - one more car - has been listed by Indrojit MSL number
12) Pataudi - now delhi - XK 120
13) Bombay - XK 140 coupe - beyond restoration today, ex Jamnagar, ex Pratabgarh
14) Gondal XK 150
15) N Hussain XK 120
16) XK 140 Ahmedabad

These we are sure of.
Taken out listed cars below, seeking more details, what is mentioned is too vague. There could be duplication. Bhinga car is not mentioned, maybe it is one of the above? I know for sure that one car went from Ravi Kumar to Sanghi, but which one? And Gondal had only two.
If someone can check the lists made before and compare, it will be nice.

11) Delhi - Metallic Blue - Gorakhpur state car
15) Bhavnagar - Blue
17) Gondal Xk 150
Missing two Cars.

Cheers harit

Sir you also forgot to add the Ex- pataudi -now in calcutta DIC 9829 XK 140 mentioned above.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 13th February 2010 at 16:19.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saw some vintage cars in the USA. Including a Jag XK120! vivekiny2k Beyond Borders 15 16th October 2013 15:02
Jaguar XK120, Chevrolet Bel Air, Bentley Mk VI in Gurgaon khanak Vintage Cars & Classics in India 23 1st January 2010 10:25
A tribute to a Vintage Man : similar to a vintage car or vintage wine StarVegabond Shifting gears 3 12th October 2009 14:49
Life begins @ 140 KMPH Rock 'n' rollz Introduce yourself 14 23rd February 2005 23:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks