Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 19th December 2009, 00:05   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgreen View Post
If I am not mistaken this is the vehicle owned by Esso (HM dealer). He lives in Kollam. Because I have a Contessa and I take it to this Mechanic in Parippally Near Varkala and Before Kollam. He is a master Mechanic only 56 Years old but has a 30 year experience. His garage is always loaded with Mercez and Audi's and all the imports from 80's and ago. While I was there this Morris what brought in for restoration. The condition of the Body was 55% off. The Engine they used is an Omni engine and all the work was done in that Work shop. The Mechanic's name is SALIM KUMAR. YES.

REPLY if you need his number.
thangs mr coolgreen owner is now known as zenith travels owner total now he has 9 cars. His house is at chatanpira near alamcode.
mahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 23:37   #62

Yellow morris 8e is belongs to one mr salim owner of zenith travels near alamcode . he has other 8 cars
Old 26th December 2009, 09:12   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen View Post
Yellow morris 8e is belongs to one mr salim owner of zenith travels near alamcode . he has other 8 cars
Got more photo's of other 8 cars ?
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 10:37   #64

His other cars are landmaster, Ohv, millicento, morris minor, herald, bmw, cresida 84, & datsun 82
Old 26th December 2009, 10:41   #65

i have no photo with me , most of the car doesnt have orginality
Old 26th December 2009, 16:15   #66
BHPian

Is this place somewhere near the NH-47,I saw a white Toyota and a black landmaster some months back by the side of the road where there is a large open muddy area,when I came to attingal.

Quote:
i have no photo with me , most of the car doesnt have orginality
Brother you know many cars in kerala, do you know of the morris minor with bigger capcity engines1000cc in thiruvananthapuram.then please post details about them.once i saw a maroon car near a workshop.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Dippy : 28th December 2009 at 09:21. Reason: See note in post.
kishorelal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 14:43   #67
BHPian

Quote:
His other cars are landmaster, Ohv, millicento, morris minor, herald, bmw, cresida 84, & datsun 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
Is this place somewhere near the NH-47,I saw a white Toyota and a black landmaster some months back by the side of the road where there is a large open muddy area,when I came to attingal.
@mahen - Is the BMW a red E30 3 series?

I remember seeing this BMW,cresida and millicento together few months back at the same place kishorelal has mentioned.
crazybiker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 15:38   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
@mahen - Is the BMW a red E30 3 series?

I remember seeing this BMW,cresida and millicento together few months back at the same place kishorelal has mentioned.
it was maroon color and had 4 round lights at the front
Old 30th December 2009, 15:32   #69
BHPian

There was a maroon colored 59 model FORD CONSUL in Konni which later came to Thiruvananthapuram.If not wrong,its number plate was a krq3542 or so.
Old 30th December 2009, 23:06   #70

Yes i know about morris 1000. one green morris1000 is put for sale & my friend is going to buy thatone, it is not in a running condition its cluch is not working. that car is on workshop
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

[/quote]
Old 31st December 2009, 18:04   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i know about morris 1000. one green morris1000 is put for sale & my friend is going to buy thatone, it is not in a running condition its cluch is not working. that car is on workshop

[/quote]
which is that morris 1000? you know its registration number.?
also is there a standard 2000 in immaculate condition for sale in thiruvananthapuram?
Old 26th January 2010, 02:41   #72

Quote:
thangs mr coolgreen owner is now known as zenith travels owner total now he has 9 cars. His house is at chatanpira near alamcode.
Oh is it so? I was told so by Mr Salim, anyways that was a year ago, almost! Anyways nice to see people with interest in vintages! By the way may I know where you are from in TVM? I am from Venjaramoodu, now in Singapore!
coolgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 18:03   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
There was a maroon colored 59 model FORD CONSUL in Konni which later came to Thiruvananthapuram.If not wrong,its number plate was a krq3542 or so.
I have seen a consul car in a workshop near kannanmoola on the way to Ulloor . But the colour was white or cream
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 09:02   #74

Around early 90s or mid 80s there was a Studebaker with a civil works contractor in kollam, guess somewhere near ashramam (guess I spelled it correctly) Any news of its current location?
GEN X JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN X JEEP View Post
Around early 90s or mid 80s there was a Studebaker with a civil works contractor in kollam, guess somewhere near ashramam (guess I spelled it correctly) Any news of its current location?
Any idea of the registration number.?
There is a studebaker with a quilon registration still in daily use, but i would prefer not to publicly divulge its whereabouts
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote