Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2008, 14:09   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 459 Times
Default

[quote=speedy;959803]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post

i thought as much it is the same car and had written the picture looks to be in Delhi, but i edited it.
you are talking of R.M. car. i know of it, its been for sale for ages. the car was restored almost 8yrs ago. the car has been for sale from then. the price quoted for it is also wonderfull. my other friend had almost bought it but there were some differences, so the car was returned. the Minerva is sold to my friend and is undergoing restoration again, its been a year now.

we have a thread for this 680k
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-19...ged-delhi.html
Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. Yes it is the R.M. car.
dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 16:26   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Again, that is definitely not a K. The absence of supercharger pipes is a dead giveaway, besides which the car looks too small. The car is pictured at Lala Ramchander Nath's place, Delhi.
Karl you are right about the body looking too small but the absence of the steel exhaust pipes protruding from the bonnet does not, not make it a K. Even I feel that the car is not a K but not due to the same reasons.
In the 1934 500K convertible the exhaust pipes were prisent only in one side of the bonnet and not both. We can only see one side.
Speedy could you post some pics from the other side also for us to verify?
Speedy boss, the W110 never came in a coupe or a covertible so this car is an aftermarket job and a bad one too.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 16:33   #48
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,329
Thanked: 5,994 Times
Default

Pipes were always on the right side as far as I know.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 20:37   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Karl you are right about the body looking too small but the absence of the steel exhaust pipes protruding from the bonnet does not, not make it a K. Even I feel that the car is not a K but not due to the same reasons.
In the 1934 500K convertible the exhaust pipes were prisent only in one side of the bonnet and not both. We can only see one side.
Speedy could you post some pics from the other side also for us to verify?
Speedy boss, the W110 never came in a coupe or a covertible so this car is an aftermarket job and a bad one too.
Bhai i am not going to doubt your knowledge when it come to Mercedes's. if you say the convertible is a chop job then it must be.
As far as the k goes i dont have more pictures with me now. i had scanned a few pictures when i was in Bombay and posted. when i go next i shall find them and post. the car does not have pipes protruding from either side. it is just mentioned 1930's k. it is from the Nath collection so i am sure someone would have pictures or information regarding it.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 21:09   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,736
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashrajgupta View Post
guys do tell me how you like it?
Shes beautiful. cheers:
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 20:27   #51
Newbie
 
yashrajgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

thank you Khanak!! i still have to get a couple of things done. if someone can tell me a nice workshop in north delhi where i can get the car checked once??
yashrajgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 03:42   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Bhai i am not going to doubt your knowledge when it come to Mercedes's.
Aree nahin baba!!
Am not even remotely implying that my knowledge is extensive etc etc.. and all that stuff. I have done extensive study on the heckflosse W110 and have never come across any which are in the coupe or convertible from. The coupes and convertibles came only in the W111 chassis and body type with a six cylinder only much as the W115 never had a coupe. The coupes only came in the W114 with six cylinder engines only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
As far as the k goes i dont have more pictures with me now. i had scanned a few pictures when i was in Bombay and posted. when i go next i shall find them and post. the car does not have pipes protruding from either side. it is just mentioned 1930's k. it is from the Nath collection so i am sure someone would have pictures or information regarding it.
I would love to see this car. I do agree that some Ks were made without exhaust pipes as is in the case of most Ks thats why its a mystery. Please get more info on this car if it is possible.
Thanks
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 08:51   #53
BHPian
 
boeuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Blr
Posts: 174
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashrajgupta View Post
i always wanted to put up the pics of my mercedes w115. perfect thread!!
guys do tell me how you like it?
and theres still work to be done on this car. but couldnt really get it done. help would really be appreciated. thank you.cheers:
Looks very nice, this is a very elegant car. we used to have one in off white.

Cheers,
boeuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:50   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
Looks very nice, this is a very elegant car. we used to have one in off white.
Cheers,
Great car Yashraj.
Looks like a 74-75 4 cyl (as you mentioned its a W-115). What series is it? I guess its a petrol.
Does it have power steering?

Great colour and interiors. Looks like a daily drive. Thats good cause these cars will give you their best when in constant use only.
Please give us details of how you came to own her and some interesting stiries like how long back she was restored or such.
Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

I have one (1972 220 Petrol) which is presently being restored.
Here is the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...2+mercedes+220
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 15:15   #55
Newbie
 
yashrajgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
Looks very nice, this is a very elegant car. we used to have one in off white.

Cheers,
thank you!! i fell in love with it the moment i saw it. cheers:
yashrajgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 15:27   #56
Newbie
 
yashrajgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great car Yashraj.
Looks like a 74-75 4 cyl (as you mentioned its a W-115). What series is it? I guess its a petrol.
Does it have power steering?

Great colour and interiors. Looks like a daily drive. Thats good cause these cars will give you their best when in constant use only.
Please give us details of how you came to own her and some interesting stiries like how long back she was restored or such.
Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

I have one (1972 220 Petrol) which is presently being restored.
Its a 1973 230 petrol. i bought it 3 years back when i was in first year. it was in a very good condition then also. the guy who sold it told me that it was owned by the owner of ranbaxy. m not sure about that though. i just had to get some work done in the engine. there was some oil leakage problem.
its a daily drive but the weather here in delhi makes it almost impossible to drive in summers. so its sort of a winters car.
and it doesnt have a power steering. but i make sure that its driven around regularly cause as u said they give the best when they are used daily.
i have to get the wiring and all also checked once but i really dont know the right person for the job. and i am afraid if i get stuck with the wrong person then i would end up paying an obscenely high price without even getting the proper work done.
yashrajgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:15   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashrajgupta View Post
Its a 1973 230 petrol.
....its a daily drive but the weather here in delhi makes it almost impossible to drive in summers. so its sort of a winters car.
...i have to get the wiring and all also checked once but i really dont know the right person for the job. and i am afraid if i get stuck with the wrong person then i would end up paying an obscenely high price without even getting the proper work done.
So its a 230.4. They even made these with a 230.6 (W114) i.e. a six cylinder) engine.
IO presume it does not have an an A/c. For a daily drive you could have an a/c installed in your car. Its very easy but be careful not to have a separate blower instaled. It should be all in-dash with the OE blower.
Im going to get that done in my car
My car is a LHD and also does not have a power steering but i have managed to source a power steering pump and assembly with all brackets and pipes. This should be great.

Regard the wiring, the car was relatively easy to wire. Its not difficult at all and any good electrician should be able to do it. Just dont go to the road side junkies.
Im sure you will find some good ones in Delhi. Please ask Iraghava or some other Delhi members to help you out on this issue.
If you need any other help please let me know. Parts especially, are quite readily available with a few shops, only one should know which shop to approach.
Enjoy your merc.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:52   #58
Newbie
 
yashrajgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Note from Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Thanks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
So its a 230.4. They even made these with a 230.6 (W114) i.e. a six cylinder) engine.
IO presume it does not have an an A/c. For a daily drive you could have an a/c installed in your car. Its very easy but be careful not to have a separate blower instaled. It should be all in-dash with the OE blower.
Im going to get that done in my car
My car is a LHD and also does not have a power steering but i have managed to source a power steering pump and assembly with all brackets and pipes. This should be great.
Enjoy your merc.
yaa its a 230.4. and it does have an A/c. and its all in the dash no extra blower. but the problem is that the compressor doesnt work properly. and i have no idea how much it should cost. now that i know that even u have the same car i am gonna ask a lot of questions!!
first please tell me how much do u intend to pay for the A/c?? cause i guess i wil have to get it done again. i tried getting the compressor repaired but no good.
and i will certainly need the help of team-bhp members to restore it fully!!cheers:
yashrajgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 00:49   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 450
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

I would suggest you discard the original York Compressor and go in for a rotary Sanden compressor- 507. You would need to modify the holding brackets to fit the Sanden 507. Since you are in Delhi, there are a few specialists doing the brackets/pulleys etc.
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 19:44   #60
Jay
BHPian
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 819
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Had seen this 190 D sometime back...

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-merc-190-d.jpg

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-merc-190-d1.jpg
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India X-Machine Vintage Cars & Classics in India 2657 5th December 2016 18:24
Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India Julian UK Vintage Cars & Classics in India 617 19th September 2016 18:25
Procedures to move Vintage/ Classic cars between states in India bluestraveller Vintage Cars & Classics in India 33 7th April 2015 14:17
A tribute to a Vintage Man : similar to a vintage car or vintage wine StarVegabond Shifting gears 3 12th October 2009 14:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks