Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 13:36   #796
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

DLI Looks very good indeed. Looks like a professional restoration.
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 13:40   #797
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 190
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

If i recall correctly the DLI car was up for sale some time ago, and the deal fell through since we couldn't arrive at a mutually agreeable number for the sale.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:00   #798
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

What was it on for buddy if you dont mind me asking.

Also is it a Diesel ???
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:36   #799
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
DLI Looks very good indeed. Looks like a professional restoration.
Yes this car has been restored by a Professional restorer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
If i recall correctly the DLI car was up for sale some time ago, and the deal fell through since we couldn't arrive at a mutually agreeable number for the sale.
Thats right it was for sale and the owner wanted some huge price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
What was it on for buddy if you dont mind me asking.

Also is it a Diesel ???
No this car is not a Diesel at all.

- Not ment to discuss prices in this thread!
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 17:03   #800
Senior - BHPian
 
deutscheafrikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai & Candolim
Posts: 1,147
Thanked: 297 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Is that LWB 123 AP registered ? If so,then it belonged to a Politico-tycoon from there.
agspins, Nope it's a Goa registered car. Nice car isn't it.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 14:56   #801
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

1976 Mercedes Benz 200D Recently restored
Attached Images
              
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 15:01   #802
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

1971 Mercedes Benz 200D recently Restored
Attached Images
     
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 15:04   #803
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

1976 Mercedes Benz W115 - Recently Restored
Attached Images
         
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 15:08   #804
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Mercedes Benz 220S - Recently restored
Attached Images
                         
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 15:17   #805
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

1965 Mercedes Benz 200
Attached Images
      
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 15:18   #806
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

I had a question for the merc gurus - Did the 220s ever come in a diesel version ?
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 16:06   #807
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Lovely pictures.

Thanks for them buddy. Some quality Mercs there.
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 16:47   #808
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,927
Thanked: 331 Times
Default

What is going on out there with you these days Indrojit....

You appear to have discovered a serious Mercedes restore or collector.

Who is responsible for the restortion of all these beautie. I must say they rae really well done with hardly any unnessary embelishments applied.

Are all these cars owned by one person ? Are they all in Delhi ?

Please do tell more on them.

On and BTW the 220S was always a petrol model In those days all the S cars were petrol powered unlike today.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 16:53   #809
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,320
Thanked: 5,960 Times
Default

A few cars belong/ed to a collector in Delhi who also has your Lincoln. There is a restorer who was advertising his work on his Orkut community where all these pictures are available. If I remember right he also did the lilac coloured 59 Plymouth BMF regd, another neat car.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 16:58   #810
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Lovely pictures.

Thanks for them buddy. Some quality Mercs there.

Most Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
What is going on out there with you these days Indrojit....

You appear to have discovered a serious Mercedes restore or collector.

Who is responsible for the restortion of all these beautie. I must say they rae really well done with hardly any unnessary embelishments applied.

Are all these cars owned by one person ? Are they all in Delhi ?

Please do tell more on them.

On and BTW the 220S was always a petrol model In those days all the S cars were petrol powered unlike today.
These cars belong to a friend of mine who is a restorer. They are all in Delhi. A few of them are his own. The DLI merc on the previous page is from some one else all togehter. Got loads of time to spare now so thought of doing something for the community.


Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A few cars belong/ed to a collector in Delhi who also has your Lincoln. There is a restorer who was advertising his work on his Orkut community where all these pictures are available. If I remember right he also did the lilac coloured 59 Plymouth BMF regd, another neat car.

A slight correction the Lincon has been sold 2 months back. His work is really good. I got these pics from him and not from the site.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 9th June 2010 at 17:03.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India X-Machine Vintage Cars & Classics in India 2655 4th December 2016 01:03
Unidentified Vintage and Classic cars in India Julian UK Vintage Cars & Classics in India 617 19th September 2016 18:25
Procedures to move Vintage/ Classic cars between states in India bluestraveller Vintage Cars & Classics in India 33 7th April 2015 14:17
A tribute to a Vintage Man : similar to a vintage car or vintage wine StarVegabond Shifting gears 3 12th October 2009 14:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks