Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2008, 22:54   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection

Starting from today, I will post pictures of cars seen at Various Bangalore Rallies over the years and some from private collection.The pictures will include cars & bikes. I am surprised, though Bangalore has such an enviable collection,no dedicated thread has been started by any member.I have the permision of Dr. Ravi Prakash, who is like an elder brother to me, to post pictures of his car, without masking the license plates.In this thread, I will be posting exclusive pictures of Dr. Ravi Prakash's amazing collection, exclusive shot at his farm. Enjoy!!
dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 23:03   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

To start with, pictures of the ( Late ) Mr. Ravi Kumar's "E" Type. People who have known him will vouch for his knowledge on " Anything on Wheels". Unfortunately, I have no pictures of his most cherished 540K.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-et.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-et1.jpg  

dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 23:17   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

The Sunbeam from Gujarat, now in the private collection of Sri Veerendra Hegde,The Dharmaadhikari of the most auspicious Dharmastala, near Mangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-sun.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-sun1.jpg  

dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 23:29   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

The First Picture has my 18 month old daughter on the hood.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-sun3.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-scan0013.jpg  

dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 00:42   #5
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Starting from today, I will post pictures of cars seen at Various Bangalore Rallies over the years and some from private collection.The pictures will include cars & bikes. I am surprised, though Bangalore has such an enviable collection,no dedicated thread has been started by any member.I have the permision of Dr. Ravi Prakash, who is like an elder brother to me, to post pictures of his car, without masking the license plates.In this thread, I will be posting exclusive pictures of Dr. Ravi Prakash's amazing collection, exclusive shot at his farm. Enjoy!!
My dear friend, there are various threads on this forum that talks about Bangalore's Classic and Vintage car treasures.cheers:

Kindly dig the threads you'll be able to see.

Nice to see that you got hold of Ravi prakash's cars. Pls Continue to contribute, lets see what else apart from Ravi parakash will you cover.

Will be watching this space eagerly.

He's got some nice technically correct cars and that's it.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 09:13   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,329
Thanked: 1,539 Times
Default

I wish I got to see pic.s of the Khodays' cars- especially the Dharampur Heralds!!!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 10:27   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,621
Thanked: 8,048 Times
Default

This should make for an interesting thread. Thanks for the initiative domi. Looking forward to some top class cars and photos, like the E type..
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 12:31   #8
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
My dear friend, there are various threads on this forum that talks about Bangalore's Classic and Vintage car treasures.cheers:

Kindly dig the threads you'll be able to see.

Nice to see that you got hold of Ravi prakash's cars. Pls Continue to contribute, lets see what else apart from Ravi parakash will you cover.

Will be watching this space eagerly.

He's got some nice technically correct cars and that's it.
Pavan, I was not sure about the other threads on Bangalore cars,my apologies. Apart from Doc's collection,I will be posting pictures of various events in and around Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I wish I got to see pic.s of the Khodays' cars- especially the Dharampur Heralds!!!
I have full access to the complete Khodays collection,but need to take their permission before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This should make for an interesting thread. Thanks for the initiative domi. Looking forward to some top class cars and photos, like the E type..
Karl,it has been a little late in the day,but as you see,I have been very busy posting pictures in various forums.
dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 15:14   #9
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,329
Thanked: 1,539 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
I have full access to the complete Khodays collection,but need to take their permission before posting.
Wow, I didnt know they'd let anyone photograph their cars! How'd you manage it?? Maybe you could share the secret with me?!

And yes, do get their permission ASAP!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 15:24   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, I didnt know they'd let anyone photograph their cars! How'd you manage it?? Maybe you could share the secret with me?!

And yes, do get their permission ASAP!
Well, the guy who takes care of their complete collection is a very good friend of mine.
dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 15:28   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Riley..Haven't seen this car in ages.Do not know its present where abouts.Most probably still in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-ril.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-rile.jpg  

dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 15:32   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

TR3 of a very knowledge member. The car was sold 6 months ago to R.M in Delhi and I believe it is painted Black now. I was also told that in the last edition of one of the Auto magazines, it was advertised for sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-tr.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-tr3.jpg  

dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 15:37   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Doc's MG Tc. At every event you see about 6/7 regular TC's apart from the other regular MG's
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-tc1.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-tc2.jpg  

dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 15:42   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

More pictures of MG & a Austin.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-tc.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-scan0014.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-scan0001.jpg  

dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 15:46   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

In the last picture, my dad standing with my kids
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-66.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-77.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-80.jpg  

dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Goa DarshanS Vintage Cars & Classics in India 265 5th September 2017 07:58
The Palace of Udaipur : Vintage & Classic Car Collection FlyingSpur Vintage Cars & Classics in India 38 3rd October 2016 17:48
Vintage/Classic Car Collection in Delhi - Added pics of Karmann & Lagonda iraghava Vintage Cars & Classics in India 29 10th January 2016 03:58
Vintage & Classic Car Collection in Kolkata ritayan Pre-War 43 20th February 2012 13:02
Collection of Vintage, Classic, Modern - Sacto Road Show chevelle Beyond Borders 36 12th August 2010 23:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks