Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 23rd December 2009, 17:11   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Out of curiousity, what cars would qualify to be eligible for the Indian made Forgiegn cars category?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
One could be the Dodge mabe by Premier Automobiles.
Could be....and even the Morris Minors assembled by Addisons and HM, then the early 50s Austins and Hillmans?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:04   #152
Senior - BHPian

I dont want to mince words but, I think there's no sense in having a category called Indian built classics if your going to discriminate within that. I see no harm in displaying say a 54 Fiat if its the best, original Fiat in the country. Made in India or not. By that criteria one would have to exclude Beetles and similar cars. Other countries take pride in their indegenous Motoring heritage, look at where the Trabbies are going in Germany. Why cant we? Whats wrong in displaying the Dharampur Herald?

Well these are just my thoughts, but then again we continue to discriminate like this, we may soon find Landmasters rarer than some of the displayed classics.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:51   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I see no harm in displaying say a 54 Fiat if its the best, original Fiat in the country. Made in India or not.
Other countries take pride in their indegenous Motoring heritage, look at where the Trabbies are going in Germany. Why cant we? Whats wrong in displaying the Dharampur Herald?

Well these are just my thoughts, but then again we continue to discriminate like this, we may soon find Landmasters rarer than some of the displayed classics.
Notable point indeed, amol!

While it can be agreed upon that the Hindusthan range of cars are way too 'Indianised' even in their names itself, the Fiats and Standards, if any around, deserve a fair chance to be included in any and every show (I dont mean just HMCI) especially when there is a category relevant to them provided.

Anyways, I don't mean to target any club/organisation negatively, nor do anyone else I'm sure but the reason I (and I'm sure the others) feel the way I do is because post-war Fiats and Standards (even the Italian and British ones respectively) have since long been denied admittance as classics into shows held by most popular and thriving vintage/classic clubs in India, a case point being probably the most famous/oldest one in India, until recently.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 18:41   #154
BHPian

Default Classic Car Display at Polo Grounds -25th December-09

Heritage Motoring Club of India in Association with Neptune Foundation had a display of Classic Cars at a Charity Polo Match . I am uploading photographs of the event.
Attached Images

S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 18:51   #155
BHPian

Default Classic Car Display at Polo Grounds -25th December-09

More photographs of the event at Polo Gorunds - 25th December,09.
Attached Images

Old 25th December 2009, 20:46   #156
Senior - BHPian

Jatti Ji,

Can youtell me who the owner of this jaguar mark VII is ?Any idea where this car was restored and who restored it?

Name:  DSC02764.JPG
Views: 506
Size:  226.7 KB
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 21:14   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Jatti Ji,

Can youtell me who the owner of this jaguar mark VII is ?Any idea where this car was restored and who restored it?

Attachment 251392
According to the information availble with us the MK VII Jag is a 1951. This has been recently aquired by a member of HMCI Mr.Naresh Ojha. I am not certain who has restored but most probably it has been restored by Mr.Sandip Kathari.
Old 25th December 2009, 21:17   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
According to the information availble with us the MK VII Jag is a 1951. This has been recently aquired by a member of HMCI Mr.Naresh Ojha. I am not certain who has restored but most probably it has been restored by Mr.Sandip Kathari.

Ok can we see some more pics of this car if possible and could you please find out more about this car ?
Old 25th December 2009, 21:32   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Ok can we see some more pics of this car if possible and could you please find out more about this car ?
Definitely, shall try and get more pics and also information about the car. Any thing in particular you want to know ?
Old 25th December 2009, 21:48   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Definitely, shall try and get more pics and also information about the car. Any thing in particular you want to know ?

Yes indeed i do.The moment i saw the pics of this car the first that came to mind was if it ws this car - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post1395060 (Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar)

But it may not be since you are saying someone else restored the car in this thread.
Old 25th December 2009, 22:07   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Yes indeed i do.The moment i saw the pics of this car the first that came to mind was if it ws this car - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post1395060 (Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar)

But it may not be since you are saying someone else restored the car in this thread.
You are right. I just checked with the present owner. This car was earlier restored by Mr.Bumpu Sircar in Calcutta. However, after the car was bought by Mr. Naresh Ojha and brought to Delhi, the car has been repainted by Mr.Sandip Kathari and the upholstrey has been redone.
Old 25th December 2009, 22:12   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right. I just checked with the present owner. This car was earlier restored by Mr.Bumpu Sircar in Calcutta. However, after the car was bought by Mr. Naresh Ojha and brought to Delhi, the car has been repainted by Mr.Sandip Kathari and the upholstrey has been redone.

Ok sir thank you clarifying it.Till what i knew last of this car was it had been bought by Mr.Ranjit Mallik after that i have no info on it.Thank you again.
Old 25th December 2009, 23:07   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
There was a body builder in Calcutta called Stuart who are known to have build a Rolls body, this car was recently auctioned abroad.

Cheers harit
There is a Rolls Royce in Bangladesh bodied by Stuart. Chassis no- GMK 63 Engine No- G 997, Ex- Maharaja of Dinajpur.
Reshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 02:47   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. However, after the car was bought by Mr. Naresh Ojha and brought to Delhi, the car has been repainted by Mr.Sandip Kathari and the upholstrey has been redone.

Sir can you clarify one more thing please.what is the colour of the upholstry of the car presently?
Old 27th December 2009, 14:33   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Sir can you clarify one more thing please.what is the colour of the upholstry of the car presently?
I could not take photographs of the interiors. As soon as I get some photogrpahs, I shall upload them.