Senior - BHPian

was the pink caddy silver earlier?
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
was the pink caddy silver earlier?
Yes it was. It was owned by a Poyal household till sold to a prominent Delhi collector.

The Red Skylark convertible was also Silver and I missed it by a whisker.

Loved the Orange Beetle with some indegenious meters and thanks Ishan for the Jeep pics. The Ford is incredibly beautiful. Cant see the foot starter switch though.

Anyone know about WB Rust Mercedes. I was following a 230.6 114 in Calcutta and was told it went to Delhi at some astronomical price, could this be the same. That one was white though.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Aur nothing for Stanher anna....:cry: :sigh:

Pity that standards are virtually non-existent even in rallies in most parts of the country! :(
Sorry Shyam but it seems Stnadards are almost completely non-existent up North! Will keep an eye out for you anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
There are ateast 3 more in Delhi.
3 more? I know of 1 more which is dark grey, which ones are the others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Loved the Orange Beetle with some indegenious meters and thanks Ishan for the Jeep pics. The Ford is incredibly beautiful. Cant see the foot starter switch though.

Anyone know about WB Rust Mercedes. I was following a 230.6 114 in Calcutta and was told it went to Delhi at some astronomical price, could this be the same. That one was white though.
The Jeep had all original plates with the config etc. noted on the dashboards Gogi bhai & even the NDMS tyres fitted on it looked quite new. If you want, I'll email you some high-res pics of the same.

And about the Merc, it seemed like a recent repaint to me & Prabal told me that the same colour was indeed offered as OE! I think he might know more about this car.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:33   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
There are ateast 3 more in Delhi.
Aah yes! Thanks for refreshing me memory

I do recall seeing pics. of a black(?) one, also a 4-door sedan in a C Ramachandra's collection in zorpia.com (xoticars' album)

@Ishaan, thanks for offering to keep an eye out for standards if any. Only next time, do try and see to it that it passes into my hands as well!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
is the red beauty an impala??
And what is that yellow convertible??? A triumph??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, nice pic.s Ishaan!
yes irags, excellent pics(this comment from a guy who is not into classics)

Quote:
Aur nothing for Stanher anna....:cry: :sigh:
I thought about you when I saw that blue ulta door fiat. Alas, you sold off your fiats

Suren, are you around? check that blue fiat.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:42   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I thought about you when I saw that blue ulta door fiat. Alas, you sold off your fiats
Oh really?? Thanks, cho chweet of you!

Yeah bhai, sold off nearly all my fiats ('still have 1 now! ) mostly for space and also because I wnat to concentrate on standards for now, as I am and always will be a standard nut first!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 23:25   #22
BHPian

Does Ford GPW 1942 comes into the category of Vintage classic's ?
If yes then i will post pictures of my GPW.
Mods kindly approve if it is relevent.
Thanks
aamir567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 23:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
And something for all Caddy fans!

Thanks for the lovely pictures. Thanks to you and Prabal for coming for the Flag off inspite of the downpour. Keeping safety in mind, we had to cancel the participation of Vintage cars and all the Motor Cycles due to the rain.
Thanks once again.
S.B.Jatti.
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 16:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamir567 View Post
Does Ford GPW 1942 comes into the category of Vintage classic's ?
If yes then i will post pictures of my GPW.
Mods kindly approve if it is relevent.
Thanks
In 'Heritage Motoring Club of India' Ford Jeeps are considered a Classic and they are allowed to participate in all our drives/rallies and displays. If I am not wrong the 'Statesman Rally' also allow Ford Jeeps. I am not aware of rules of VCCI and other clubs. Maybe somebody can throw some light about their rules or rules about other clubs in India.
S.B.Jatti.
Heritage Motoring Club of India

Quote:
Sorry Shyam but it seems Stnadards are almost completely non-existent up North! Will keep an eye out for you anyway!

3 more? I know of 1 more which is dark grey, which ones are the others?

The Jeep had all original plates with the config etc. noted on the dashboards Gogi bhai & even the NDMS tyres fitted on it looked quite new. If you want, I'll email you some high-res pics of the same.
And about the Merc, it seemed like a recent repaint to me & Prabal told me that the same colour was indeed offered as OE! I think he might know more about this car.
Yes Mr.Prabal is correct. The 115 was offered in the colour as you see in the photograph as a original colour.The orange 115 belongs to Mr.Gurmaukh Singh, a well known restorer of Vintage & Classic Motorcycles. The colour on the Mercedes was the original colour though it has been repainted in the same colour some time back.

S.B.Jatti.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th September 2008 at 16:12. Reason: Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making consecutive posts. Thanks.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:11   #25

The Yellow car is a Sunbeam Alpine - can't see enough of ot to tell the year.
65Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 11:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Gogi, this Merc was white when she came to Delhi from Cal, but was originally either maroon or this colour underneath, don't remember now exactly, but the original paint was visible. You've also put a doubt in my mind regarding the engine. I remember some talk of a 230.6 but can't remember whether that pertained to this. In any case, she now runs a 200D. RM got her first, before selling to the present owner who's had it for a long time now since, and really keeps her well and uses her on a daily basis. The present owner restored her completely post purchase from RM and has probably sprayed a fresh coat of paint some time back.
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 20:57   #27
BHPian

Already some fine photographs have been posted, but I had some with the cars at the drive with Ms.Monica Bedi. I am uploading some of them, hope you will find them interesting.

S.B.Jatti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Thanks for the lovely pictures. Thanks to you and Prabal for coming for the Flag off inspite of the downpour. Keeping safety in mind, we had to cancel the participation of Vintage cars and all the Motor Cycles due to the rain.
Thanks once again.
S.B.Jatti.
Attached Thumbnails
Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0368.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0117.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0154.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0186.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0239.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0261.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0279.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0311.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0313.jpg  

Old 14th October 2008, 01:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Jatti sir, looking all handsome type presenting the bouquet to Ms. Bedi!!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 11:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well so Prabal, Rmonie & me did turn up for the flag-off despite the rain! And we met Mr. Jatti there giving company to the chief guest Ms. Monica Bedi!
The photos are looking too nice. my concern for only one thing that it looks like there was RAIN.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 11:29   #30
BHPian

Default Heritage Motoring Club Of India

Heritage Motoring Club Of Inda,s monthly meet was hosted by Mrs.& Mr.Gurpret Singh on Saturday the 18th, October 2008 at Anand Gram Farms, Mehrauli Gurgaon Road, NewDelhi. Among those who attended the meet were Mr.K.T.S. Tulsi, President HMCI, Mr.Diljeet Titus, General Secretary, HMCI,Mr.R,N.Seth, Mr.Ranjit Malik, Mr.Tutu Dhawan, Mr.Ajay Kapoor, Mr. Navinder Singh,Mr.Ashok Kaicker, Mr.Sharat Jain, Mr.Bharat Reddy, Mr.Banerjee, Mr.P.Tibrewala, Mr.Charanjit Singn, Mr,Jaspal Singh, Mr.Titu Sharma, Mr.Kohli, Mr.Parvez Rahman, Mr.Garry Grewal, Mr.Harinder Singh (PIXI), Mr.Avinash Grewal,Mr.Gyan Sharma, Mr.Rajesh Sardana, Mr.Gurmukh Singh, Mr.Jairaj Chowdary, Mr.Saurabh Vats, Mr. Vaid Sharma and a number of other guests and members of HMCI.

It was a very well organized event and my special thanks to Mrs & Mr.Gurpreet Singh.

I am posting a few photographs of the evening especially of the cars which were brought to the venue. Photographs are courtsey Mr.Aakash Kaicker.

S.B.Jatti.
Attached Thumbnails
Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc01285.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc01286.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc01288.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc01290.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc01291.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc01292.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc01293.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0003.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0008.jpg  

Heritage Motoring Club Of India-dsc_0009.jpg