Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 12th November 2008, 18:15   #16
Team-BHP Support

ok read last post of mine
Quote:
Least they can do is clean her up and store her properly, to arrest further deterioration
as Least they can do is clean her up and store her properly, to reduce the deterioration.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 23:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

I'm with you, guys. This is a very rare car in India, and needs to be preserved better. Can anyone prevail upon her owners / trustees to do the needful before it's too late ?
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 23:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

If its in the ownership of the trust, they can be least expected to care!

What an absurd thing to do indeed, leaving a perfectly good classic in the hands of a trust! :frustrated:

One elderly herald owner (from new) I know of here also said he'd do the same kind of thing with his car- I'd even posted pics. of that car earlier.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 16:08   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: A Beauty in Shimla - Pontiac Silver Streak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
If its in the ownership of the trust, they can be least expected to care!

What an absurd thing to do indeed, leaving a perfectly good classic in the hands of a trust! :frustrated:

One elderly herald owner (from new) I know of here also said he'd do the same kind of thing with his car- I'd even posted pics. of that car earlier.
I just remembered having posted in this thread long ago! Visiting it after a long time!

Anyways, sorry it may sound a bit ...with ref. to my last post above, I'm glad to say that fortunately that car didnt end up 'trapped' by the trust but eventually in my hands! Some of you'd know that car!

Anyone know the present status of this Pontiac though?

Last edited by Stanher : 1st July 2011 at 16:10.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 16:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher

I just remembered having posted in this thread long ago! Visiting it after a long time!

Anyways, sorry it may sound a bit ...with ref. to my last post above, I'm glad to say that fortunately that car didnt end up 'trapped' by the trust but eventually in my hands! Some of you'd know that car!

Anyone know the present status of this Pontiac though?
Sadly its still groaning under the weight of cold drink crates being stacked on it :(
gotzuk is offline   Reply With Quote